Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which goal have you most gone batshit crazy when celebrating?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Won't mention the obvious ones already on the thread so I'll pick out Ian Chapman whacking a long-range strike in against Bournemouth.

My recollections are the game finished 3-3, the weather was lousy, things were briefly looking up on the pitch at least and I went loopy when the ball hit the net.

Can anyone else fill in any blanks for me?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In the flesh either Dean Wilkins free kick or my second within 2 minutes of coming on as a sub against Sheffield Arms 2nd XI in The Lewes and District Sunday League Division 6 bottom of the table clash in 1996.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Not many things better in life than going mental for a goal.

McShane @ Selhurst to date is by far the standout candidate for me. To date it was the best moment of my life.

Honourable mentions must go to;

. Ulloa v Forest. Watching in the Royal Standard. Mate of mine ran the length of the pub and punched me in the chest. Had a bruise for about a month.

. Leon Knight's pen at the Millennium.

. Bobby Z's winner against Bristol City last season. Had the missus with me (cardinal sin but I had no option). She couldn't believe how scatty I (and the rest of the North) went.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Buckley v Donny

Largely for the timing, the whole occasion...but i can also remember a split second hush just before the ball went in...it was like you could hear a pin drop as the whole stadium held their breath...then just collectively lost their shit.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Apart from the obvious ones mentioned I will throw in Garry Nelson making it 3-1 away to Swindon in '91 (I think.) Not a particularly special goal but there was a nice edge to the game and the celebration by player and fans was suitably irritating for the yokels to our immediate left.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
. Bobby Z's winner against Bristol City last season. Had the missus with me (cardinal sin but I had no option). She couldn't believe how scatty I (and the rest of the North) went.

yeah,was over for that one,brilliant atmosphere that night

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Most recently, Sturridge's winner for England v Wales. Little did we know it wouldn't mean much in the end.

As for Albion, Ulloa's winner against Forest as everyone else has said, and Virgo versus Swindon.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
One I always recall was Jimmy Case's at Highbury '83. As a million others seem to have been, was pretty much in line about halfway up. 'Kin amazing scenes, arms and legs everywhere.

What he said (almost), but Gary Stevens equaliser at Wembley in 1983 beats it for me - I screamed myself hoarse (literally), it was a truly wonderful thing of beauty.

Jan 30, 2008
Play-off final? Buckley's goal against Donny? Hereford 97? Storer at the Goldstone? Most recently, mine was Leo's goal at Forest. I lost it completely, was out of breath, struggling to breathe and massive bundles everywhere. That was some goal and a half.

Another one was Gazza's goal against Scotland in '96. I was watching it with mates in the Hare and Hounds, and seeing us go from a pen to Scotland to a goal to us within a minute it seemed like the whole world had just exploded. We spilled out into the streets and even people in cars were celebrating. Them's the moments that make all this football-supporting malarkey worthwhile.
ever hole's a goal :love:
regards
DR

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Won't mention the obvious ones already on the thread so I'll pick out Ian Chapman whacking a long-range strike in against Bournemouth.

My recollections are the game finished 3-3, the weather was lousy, things were briefly looking up on the pitch at least and I went loopy when the ball hit the net.

Can anyone else fill in any blanks for me?

I *think* you're talking about the game away at Bournemouth which we won 2-0, probably around 1988-89? I was at that one. We caught them on the break, the ball came across, Chappers controlled it with one touch on the edge of the box, and sort of sideways-volleyed it into the goal we were all standing behind. GLORIOUS strike (wrongly attributed by some to Kevin Bremner, who would never even have attempted it).

Jan 30, 2008
I *think* you're talking about the game away at Bournemouth which we won 2-0, probably around 1988-89? I was at that one. We caught them on the break, the ball came across, Chappers controlled it with one touch on the edge of the box, and sort of sideways-volleyed it into the goal we were all standing behind. GLORIOUS strike (wrongly attributed by some to Kevin Bremner, who would never even have attempted it).
NO HE'S NOT, IT WAS AT THE GOLDSTONE WE WERE 3.0 DOWN AT HALF TIME............ i was there:cool:
regards
DR

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wendy's free kick against Ipswich at the Goldstone to get us in the playoffs. Ended up in the centre circle, luckily with about half the North Stand.

A goal Codner scored against Rotherham away in 1994 to give us a 1-0 win. I did a lap of the away end. We'd been on Mad Dog and beer since about 9.30 in the morning, a game I've also written about in the latest Albion Mag.

In the modern football era it would be Hemed's penalty at Fulham. It was the perfect day, my son's second ever away game, a last minute winner and we ended up top. I thought "I'd better calm down" and then looked to see my son and his friend (9 and 10 at the time) going absolutely batshit mental and the random bloke behind me laughing at the Fulham fans.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Surprised there's no mention of the Butters goal at Upton Park.

Another contender was the equaliser in the 3-3 at home to Bournemouth. (93/94)

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I am quite restrained, but, like everyone else in the away end at Walsall, in 2011, I went a bit mental when Elliott Bennett’s screamer hit the back of the net right in front of the Albion fans. The goal put Albion 3-1 up and we knew that the title was ours.

This.I was in with the Saddlers fans so carried on my tradition of stupid celebrations in the away stands (started at Highfield Road in the early '80s after an Andy Ritchie headed! goal against Cov.)Think my bum is still numb from the seats in the Sky Blue stand:eek:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Reinault. Nothing comes close except the final whistle (but that wasn't a goal!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here