Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] From the makers of Line Of Duty....CONTAINS SPOILERS

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Finally caught up on episode 5, loved it, nice calm before the storm of the extended finale. And I still haven't got a clue what is going to happen. For anyone who thinks there are too many puzzles still to be completed though, you need to watch Line of Duty again. Every series of that I've thought the same and Mercurio always pulls it together before the end of the series, he's a genius.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Gone off this now. It's like that ridiculous last series of LOD. I'll watch it because not much of it left now but it really lost it's way very quickly.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Probably still alive, the black KT17 Range Rover involved and her from Auf Wiedersehen Pet to save the day.

All home in time for tea.

awp.JPG

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pretty good, Mercurio does tension rather well. Just find it hard to believe that a "Organised Criminal " could get a bomb under the Home Secretary so easily, Can't really see the modern version of the Kraays doing similar ?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Pretty good, Mercurio does tension rather well. Just find it hard to believe that a "Organised Criminal " could get a bomb under the Home Secretary so easily, Can't really see the modern version of the Kraays doing similar ?

Agreed and, even with insider information with regard to the Home Secretary's movements, cannot imagine that the college would not have been checked and double checked for explosives before the speech. Good to have a happy ending though...

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Agreed and, even with insider information with regard to the Home Secretary's movements, cannot imagine that the college would not have been checked and double checked for explosives before the speech. Good to have a happy ending though...

Yes, totalling agree. What was also very clumsy plot wire was the how it took the police so long to confirm that Budd had served with Andrew Unstead the shooter on the roof. Felt slightly anti climatic tonight

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
It was the Christopher Nolan Effect for me - you either love it, or it leaves you quite cold. Bit cross with myself for persisting with the BBC millions and assuming it'd get better; more believable would have been a good way of letting me empathise with the characters. Richard Madden however I thought was good, and he'll be better served in future avoiding dramas that telegraph their clichés with a deafening megaphone.

"It was.......[dramatic pause even though we've just seen his name]........[tremor of dramatic underscore even though we've just seen...] *me: oh just get on with it*....... David Budd".

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
It was quite entertaining.
The acting in a lot of parts was absolute dogshite though

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hmm. All ended a bit too neatly and thought the interview scene with the Jihadi female was shamelessly contrived to let us know that while it was a bunch of well educated white folks who conspired to kill the HS it's those damned Muslims we really need to watch. Don't forget they kill kids. Even a little bit of on fleek #MeToo action with the "You think I'm just a weak woman" spin.

Gina McKee's ageing, big yellowing leather face disturbed me throughout.

Entertaining enough. Overall my thoughts are.... David Budd, a good detective but a shockingly bad bodyguard. 6/10

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Very tense in parts but ultimately felt all a bit rushed and contrived. Did not buy the potential suicide bomber being the bomb maker as she would have been too valuable to play that role. The unseen wife’s boyfriend was a red herring. Generally though a good series but all loose ends tied, so hard to see many plot lines carrying over for another series, apart from the hint there are more bombs out there and Budd’s family may be a target again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good acting IMO, gripping throughout, but I found the ending weak (the sneering female terrorist who'd worked with a crime boss .... silly, inplausable and irritating).

Keeley Hawes is so good (and beautiful), they should've kept her in throughout.

The writers tried too hard to be different. But I still liked it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Enjoyable fare, but brought about quite a bit of laughter in the Meade home in parts. Lost its connection with reality drama fairly early on, but enthralling absurdity mostly, and the advert for the next season of Line of Duty had us thrilled with expectation.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Enjoyed it overall, but was a bit confused by the role of the spooks in all of this.
Probably being thick, but can someone enlighten me?:lolol:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Enjoyed it overall, but was a bit confused by the role of the spooks in all of this.
Probably being thick, but can someone enlighten me?:lolol:
In the frame for being the bad guys, but ultimately not involved. They knew there was a police informer but not who. Backed the Home Secretary because she was going to introduce tougher laws to fight crime, which would have marginalised the police and given them greater powers. Ultimately lost the politics power game when it became known they leaked the compromising info on the PM, top security guy got shafted and resigned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here