Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So........ Drum at the Amex????

DRUm at the Amex to get the atmosphere up?

• Hell YEAH lets get it rocking!

Votes: 154 50.0%
  • Over my Dead body... NO!

Votes: 154 50.0%

• Total voters

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Let's have a vote and that would sort it out once and for ever. Why don't we have balaclavas, goal music, flying seagulls, stupid goal announcers, blue peter cardboard cut out displays and copied Eastern European songs to complete the total plastic image. Think you can say I like the majority are in the No camp. A good noise is created by crowd when the team plays well, simple. I think the atmosphere at the Amex is better than most. Went to Sheff Weds this year and you could hear a pin drop. Give Brighton sone credit please, it ain't bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have flying seagulls at some point during every home game, in fact we quite often have them at away games as well

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
No. Bad drums.

On a side note, does anyone know if other clubs forums obsess as much as we do about the atmosphere at their grounds? Do we still have some Boro / Burnley / Palace infiltrators on here who can answer?

Chesea forums spent a good few seasons banging on about it a while back. When the old proper Shed got knocked down most of the die hards went into the Matthew Harding stand and that became the main singing/standing stand. The new shed was very quiet for a few years but the fans got themselves organised and declared certain blocks in the Shed end singing blocks, they got the backing of the club and now the Shed end is a proper singing stand. Took years to achieve though.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Chesea forums spent a good few seasons banging on about it a while back. When the old proper Shed got knocked down most of the die hards went into the Matthew Harding stand and that became the main singing/standing stand. The new shed was very quiet for a few years but the fans got themselves organised and declared certain blocks in the Shed end singing blocks, they got the backing of the club and now the Shed end is a proper singing stand. Took years to achieve though.

True but we have been at the Amex for years too now :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Clearly only Ben from Royal Blood has the coolness to be the drummer :)

It needs a bit of Rock n Roll to get the nod from me.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Perhaps the correct question is would the club allow a drum and other musical instruments into the ground if organised in a sensible way and they promise not to play stairway to heaven .

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
I really think some fans are being a bit precious about this and also over-analysing the thoughts of what is cringey or embarrassing. Was the boro support on Saturday an embarrassment? Is the atmosphere at Dortmund, Portland timber, Boca juniours etc an embarrassment because they have a drum? Seriously, ask yourself that question.

I am getting fed up with Brighton fans complete and utter inability to give anything a go, try a new song, get an atmosphere going or sing in time with each other. If you really think that Boro was cringey because they had a drum then you are a bit dim to be honest.

Not on to gloat to start with or talk about red cards. A lot of Boro fans were against our Drum to begin with. Now it is part and parcel of the atmosphere in the South Stand and used sparingly and not bang, bang, bang. North Stand sing more traditional songs at the other end of the ground (and traditionally the home end/New Holgate end). Since Red Fraction worked with the club and the away fans got moved into the corner, the South Stand has totally took off but has a love/hate relationship with the club at times with stewards and flares. Every match everyone stands (bar in front of the wheelchair section), if you don't want to stand all match/can't there are 2 side stands to get a ticket in. Last 2 seasons it has been bouncing in there at times like Saturday.

Boro fans in the South Stand on Saturday with the Drum for anyone who wasn't there. Sound on the video doesn't do it justice.

Goodluck in the playoffs.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE4BdXJMgXo

Perhaps the correct question is would the club allow a drum and other musical instruments into the ground if organised in a sensible way and they promise not to play stairway to heaven .

I'm not one to heap praise on Richard Hebberd, but one of the BESTEST things he ever did at Withdean was to BAN the Sheffield Wednesday band from bringing their instruments into the ground.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I stood right next to the Boro fans and didn't hear a word of any of their songs. It was a tuneless drone with a relentless and irritating drum beat.

Let's not make the same mistake. It sounds gash.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm surprised and worried at how well the drum is doing in this poll. I'd absolutely hate it and don't think it adds anything, including at Middlesbrough. If we do have one I hope it's nowhere near me.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Bloody hell this is close.I am all for a fair vote, but like a lot of other older ones, this would stop me going after supporting the club for over 50 years, even Archer, Bellotti and Gillingham did not stop me, but this would. Drums have no place in football grounds, As said ask the true Palace fans, they loathe it. We are superb supporters, praised by many, we don't need plastic additions, just support the team like we do, and that is fine. Please other old gits, let stop this nonsense and Vote No know......Please

Why don't we invite the Whitehawk drummer as a guest for one match. Maybe to stand under the policebox with the NSK. See how it goes.

But NOT for the playoffs. We've made that mistake before. #clackers

I'm not sure the hawks drummers are really up to it tbh,no point getting a poor drummer??? Could do an audition of a few at the remf game:ffsparr: Who knows the palace drummer could pop down for a trial:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here