Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Sport

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

I have absolutely no interest in BT Sport whatsoever. I got Free BT Sport as part of my package with infinity, however I must have been asleep as it appears I am now getting charged for this. Will be phoning BT to get this cancelled asap. Anyone else noticed this charge on their latest bill?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
they have introduced new bt sport channels, which is what you're paying for. They would have emailed you notifying you of this, and you had to contact them if you didnt want to pay for it. if you cancel you will still get bt sport 1 and 2, just not bt sport europe (i think)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
they have introduced new bt sport channels, which is what you're paying for. They would have emailed you notifying you of this, and you had to contact them if you didnt want to pay for it. if you cancel you will still get bt sport 1 and 2, just not bt sport europe (i think)

Yep, totally this, I received an email a few months back, and quickly cancelled it. As you say the payment is for the new channels which will cover the Champions League (amongst other things), but the old BTSport 1 and 2, are still free of charge.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Yep, totally this, I received an email a few months back, and quickly cancelled it. As you say the payment is for the new channels which will cover the Champions League (amongst other things), but the old BTSport 1 and 2, are still free of charge.

Not quite. You only get BTsport 1 and they have downgraded its content. No premier league or FA cup.

D

Deleted member 22389

Cancelled BT Sports completely and saved £5.00 per month.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I cancelled BT sport last week, I noticed my bill had gone up and on balance it was no longer worth it for what the currently show. When it was a tenner, it wasn't too bad but it is now nearly double that so I binned it.

They don't make it easy for you to cancel, you can't do it online in any way, and finding the right phone number wasn't easy. Once I'd waited in a queue for about 10 mins and got through to an actual person, she was helpful and it was cancelled from that minute - so no need to see out a month or anything.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cancelled BT Sports completely and saved £5.00 per month.

Was it worth it ?

I'm no huge fan of BT, but they do have a fair amount of soccerball these days. I think for the sake of a fiver a month I'd have kept it on (plus they do loads of baseball, but I appreciate that's not much of a draw for many).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Was it worth it ?

I'm no huge fan of BT, but they do have a fair amount of soccerball these days. I think for the sake of a fiver a month I'd have kept it on (plus they do loads of baseball, but I appreciate that's not much of a draw for many).

My bill this month was over £16, but I'm with Sky and that was the only BT service I had. Not worth it for me.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Was it worth it ?

It's the principle for me, Easy. I downgraded the moment I got the email because they wanted to charge me, as was eventually always going to happen, for something they'd made a great deal of noise about being free. So they were asking me, to keep the baseball, which I do care about, to be one of the people subsidising their multi-million pound expenditure on a competition I don't care about. I can still watch a game free most days on MLB.com, so BT can stick their Champions' League bill, frankly. If the Mets make the World Series I'll be able to pay to watch the games for a lot less than the £60 BT's increase comes to over the year.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Thanks to [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] for starting the thread and making me aware. I am with Virgin media and checked online this months bill. Low and behold it is £5 more than previous. I do not recall receiving an email / correspondence on the price increase. Am currently on hold to them [20 mins and counting] to find out more.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

A sneaky business policy - opt out should always be the default, not opt in. Thankfully I'm not with BT but if I'd been charged I'd be demanding the money back - a business can't automatically opt you into a new contract without you agreeing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's the principle for me, Easy. I downgraded the moment I got the email because they wanted to charge me, as was eventually always going to happen, for something they'd made a great deal of noise about being free. So they were asking me, to keep the baseball, which I do care about, to be one of the people subsidising their multi-million pound expenditure on a competition I don't care about. I can still watch a game free most days on MLB.com, so BT can stick their Champions' League bill, frankly. If the Mets make the World Series I'll be able to pay to watch the games for a lot less than the £60 BT's increase comes to over the year.

Fair play, I can see how that is irksome to start charging for something that was previously free, and also putting the onus on the customer having to go through all the bother of cancelling.

The Twins are still in the chasing pack for a wildcard and have finally hit a bit of form again after a massive post All-Stars slump. If they make post-season then I'll have a sniff at the subscriptions, be it BT or MLB.com for a month or so.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Has anyone tried to cancel sky sports and sky movies on Virgin and keeping just the BT Sport and if so, how much did it save you?

D

Deleted member 22389

Was it worth it ?

Definitely, I can now get Seagulls Player.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Thanks to [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] for starting the thread and making me aware. I am with Virgin media and checked online this months bill. Low and behold it is £5 more than previous. I do not recall receiving an email / correspondence on the price increase. Am currently on hold to them [20 mins and counting] to find out more.

My full package Virgin/NTL/NYNEX bill has gone up in September for 21 consecutive years....

albionite

May 20, 2009
Tried to cancel this twice so far, first time in queue for 20 odd minutes gave up second time 30 odd minutes gave up. Pretty fed up they make it so hard to cancel. Phoned up re new contract they answered within 2 mins but they say they can't do it .

Joke company.:angry:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
My full package Virgin/NTL/NYNEX bill has gone up in September for 21 consecutive years....

you must be lucky then, only one price increase per year!!. :lolol: My package has already had two price increases (that I was notified of) during 2015

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
They have Premier League, Champions League, the odd PBC boxing card from Al Haymon plus you get ESPN and the American sports if your interested in that.

I think its great value if like me you get it with your BT Broadban, all that for £5 if OK with me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is BT Sport actually on freeview yet?

Also what sort of super deals have people got for phone line / broadband and BTSport on TV?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here