Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Do People Keep CATS as pets

haselden10

Jan 24, 2013
Eastbourne
Actually cats would kill a fox with ease and could kill any native animal living wild in this country and have never killed a person in my lifetime unlike dogs

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I never understood the appeal of having a cat, until one adopted me (honest wording there!).

Now that he's gone, I've no interest in having another.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Cats are the dog's bo11ocks.

Or something like that.

Plus, their bums can be used as a tea-towel holder.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Of course dogs are thick, but not as thick as you obviously. Look around and see all of the highly-trained police cats, sniffer cats, cats for the blind and deaf, security cats. Youve only got to look at the size of their skulls to see which are more intelligent. I assume your ignorance is due to never having had a dog.

Only because WORKING is beneath Cats. They have no wish to muddy their paws!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
You're all on North Stand "Chat". Case closed.

Well, if we were in France...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They smell
They eat all kinds of crap
Bum looks horrible
They are the Hitler of the animal kingdom.......They hate everyone
They kill/main people/other animals.including children and babies
They usually end up roadkill or fox dinner

Get a dog!

As Ken Dodd said.... " A chap was driving home one night and as he came around a bend, there was a Cat walking towards him in the road, it's eye's shining brightly and spookily back at him in his headlights... he went home and he invented Cat's Eye's...... mind you, if the Cat had been walking in the opposite direction he would have invented the Pencil Sharpener "

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
"Why do people keep cats"?

.....Usually because they're too neurotic to find a boyfriend, I believe.

I thought it was because they actually wanted a baby.
Admittedly my solution of knocking the girlfriend up to stop her wittering on about getting a cat is was somewhat extreme, but it does seem to have worked.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMG_20150719_193039.jpg

This :)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Like cats but not in my Garden as they kill the birds which feed on my bird feeders. Bought some smelly stuff to keep them away but it doesn't work so I have gone back to a hose and bricks it's cheaper .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Never had a cat but do like them. Another wise saying about them that I saw the other day "dogs come when you call, cats take a message and get back to you".

My cat comes if you call her.

Well if I call her, she probably wouldn't hear you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Like cats but not in my Garden as they kill the birds which feed on my bird feeders. Bought some smelly stuff to keep them away but it doesn't work so I have gone back to a hose and bricks it's cheaper .

Have you tried orange? most cats hate the smell and keep away. Although they may love the birds more than the hate the orange though.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The question should be. Why do cats keep PEOPLE as pets?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Swimming in the sea by the pier today I swallowed my usual large mouthful of water. As I came out of the sea I was met by the wonderful sight of a large dog squatting at the water's edge shooting liquid shit straight into the sea as it's owner looked proudly on. Utter twats the pair of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here