Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU to charge Britain more money due to success of economy....

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Payment was calculated taking into account prostitution, drug dealing and tobacco smuggling.Should the EU be raising taxes on criminal activities makes them seem like pimps.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
- .|||||.
|||||||||
- |||||| >
||||||| -/
-- ||||||'(
- .' \
.-' | | |
/ \ \ \
-- - | `---:.`.\
____________._> \\_\\____ ,--.__
-- ,--"" / `- . |)_) '\ '\
/ " | .-' / \ '\
,/ \ .' '\ |
| " " " \ / '\, /
| " , =_____`-. .-'_________________,--""
- | " " /"/' /\>-' ( <
\ " ",/ / - ( < |\_)
\ ",",_/,-' |\_)
-- -'-;.__:-'

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Payment was calculated taking into account prostitution, drug dealing and tobacco smuggling.Should the EU be raising taxes on criminal activities makes them seem like pimps.

Should the UK government be including these numbers in their submissions. Makes them seem like they are proud of them, or trying to spin them as much as possible for the UK public...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mine is. Please explain how demanding that Greece find quarter of a billion euros that they don't have in one months time is fair or good for Europe?

Greece is not a net contributor to the EU and hasn't been for years if not decades; it receives more than it pays in. Last year they received over half a billion I think. I'm not sure how much they'll receive this year but I'll bet you a euro it will be more than the quarter billion you mention.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

It certainly will make anyone slipping a length behind a skip for £20 to a skanky whore with a blurtch resembling Brian May's plug hole think twice. Not only are you going home with a dose of Val Doonican, you're also subsidising the white flag raisers and the sausage eaters.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Should the UK government be including these numbers in their submissions. Makes them seem like they are proud of them, or trying to spin them as much as possible for the UK public...

They are required to by law .... who's law ? ..... you've got it, the EU's law ! Yes the EU wants tax from illegal activities !!!! Let's not mention that their auditors have refused to sign off their accounts for well over a decade. A criminal organisation demanding tax on criminal activities and STILL there are idiots and simpletons who think we should stay in.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It certainly will make anyone slipping a length behind a skip for £20 to a skanky whore with a blurtch resembling Brian May's plug hole think twice. Not only are you going home with a dose of Val Doonican, you're also subsidising the white flag raisers and the sausage eaters.

Pure poetry.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Greece is not a net contributor to the EU and hasn't been for years if not decades; it receives more than it pays in. Last year they received over half a billion I think. I'm not sure how much they'll receive this year but I'll bet you a euro it will be more than the quarter billion you mention.

And they, along with Italy, had the EU demand who ran their country - the EU forced out democratically elected leaders. Oh, and the EU allowed them into the Euro KNOWING they didn't adhere to the conditions of the Euro - CORRUPTION, CORRUPTION, CORRUPTION.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
And they, along with Italy, had the EU demand who ran their country - the EU forced out democratically elected leaders. Oh, and the EU allowed them into the Euro KNOWING they didn't adhere to the conditions of the Euro - CORRUPTION, CORRUPTION, CORRUPTION.

Steady on Westdene, jeeze you will have to EU blinkered followers kicking in your door, how very dare you

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Steady on Westdene, jeeze you will have to EU blinkered followers kicking in your door, how very dare you

The EU followers can go and live in ..... another EU country as far as I'm concerned if they love the EU so much !!! I will give @Herr Tubthumper a couple of things - he has great taste in food and he has at least gone to another EU country. It's the resident EU lickspittles that are so blinkered !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Are you referring to Berlusconi?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
The EU followers can go and live in ..... another EU country as far as I'm concerned if they love the EU so much !!! I will give [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] a couple of things - he has great taste in food and he has at least gone to another EU country. It's the resident EU spicklittles that are so blinkered !

not disagreeing with you either .
these unelected Brussels fat cats, with snouts well and truly super glued in the EU gravy train trough make more and more demands that do nothing but to fuel the 'out Europe' voices, not just here in the UK but right through other member states. It's almost as if they wish to pick a fight with everyone and can't see that they will eventually be the architects of their own demise

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The EU followers can go and live in ..... another EU country as far as I'm concerned if they love the EU so much !!! I will give @Herr Tubthumper a couple of things - he has great taste in food and he has at least gone to another EU country. It's the resident EU lickspittles that are so blinkered !

:thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

and you'd win that bet. but doesnt it seem at least a tad odd for a bankrupt country to be still asked to pay its club subs, so that the club can pay out to the pet projects its wants to fund in that country (after extracting running costs of course).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm a LIBERAL straight AGNOSTIC fiscal CONSERVATIVE who is voting UKIP because of IMMIGRATION problems caused by the EU. I like FOOTBALL and THEATRE and GAMING and ART.

why the need to tell me you're into football, gaming, theatre and art?

I'm possibly wrong, but I think he may want a date?

:shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
and you'd win that bet. but doesnt it seem at least a tad odd for a bankrupt country to be still asked to pay its club subs, so that the club can pay out to the pet projects its wants to fund in that country (after extracting running costs of course).

Not at all odd. Like many things in life there a pros and cons and Greece feels that, all things considered, overall it's better to be in than out. It is very simplistic to just look at the net contribution and judge overall value.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here