Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
After getting mauled by Hopkins, Femi's now getting destroyed by Mike Graham. Not for the squeamish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npxa_74NF8k

I presume you're being sarcastic. If that's an advert for the average leave voter then I was wrong all along. They are far more arrogant and willfully ignorant than I thought possible. That interviewer is like a big angry child.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The morning after the day before....reckon [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION] will be playing his “no, I’m a relaxed guy, honestly, I am, seriously I AM!” card today :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This is actually a perfect visual and audio representation of what happens in this thread every day. Remainer makes rational and considered points about the reality of the terrible situation. Fat white middle-aged man just shouts over him with nonsense and thinks he "won" a "debate". There's no "debate" in this video just as there's no debating on this thread. Just jingoistic nationalist gammon bites interspersed with reasoned responses from people with brain cells.

Murdoch couldn't fulfil the Fox News UK dream, Talk Radio is the next best answer.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So EU agrees trade deal with Singapore and Brexiter Dyson announces within days that Singapore will be the place to manufacture his new car.

Class..

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Let's be honest, no one really knew what they were voting for in the referendum. In 1995 I opted for a repayment mortgage, in hindsight I think I made the best decision, but at the time one can never be certain. Staying in the EU maybe seemed like a sensible course of action, but 25 years from now who knows. Like interest free or endowment mortgages maybe we'll look back and be glad we left them alone.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
hard Tory Brexiters worship a past that never existed while hailing a future that will never materialise. .

Oh, they worship a past that did exist .... once. But it's a past that hasn't existed for the best part of a century and to think that we can return to the days of the empire is a delusion of the highest scale.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ah, that well-known favourite, the Dept of Made-Up Statistics.

According to the ONS, on average 375,900 people born in Ireland were living in the UK from January 2013 to December 2015, compared with 277,200 UK-born occupants in Ireland in 2016.

And according to more recent research from LinkedIn, the trend is for more Brits to move to Ireland than Irish to move to the UK
https://www.businessworld.ie/news/M...land-than-in-the-other-direction--570038.html

As was pointed out several pages ago, the agreement between the UK and the ROI pre-dates both countries joining the EU and will continue no matter what form of Brexit we have.

Still, there's an improvement here - a few pages ago you denied that there was any such agreement between the two countries.

Dept of made up statistics back at you.What % of population renews their passports annually?Have a look at last year's figures and try and estimate a vague total-judging from your figures you will have no problem with that.If you are now referring to agreements made when Eire was still in the Commonwealth,these surely expired when they left? year on year.png

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Dyson is a class A c**t

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...1FYyhZ5HnjqLimxbcgLK1G6AzWFvA0F2cDNjDaVieFp9g

hard Tory Brexiters worship a past that never existed while hailing a future that will never materialise. . . . . . Spot on.

Perhaps if you actually knew what you were talking about,it might help.Dyson already have electrical manufacturing facilities in Singapore,so locating the car manufacture there makes sense.Dyson employs and trains a lot of people in the UK,and the new manufacturing and R&D site at Hullavington will employ a lot more.Assembly of car kits sent from Singapore will be assembled and tested there.Jealousy is a very poor attribute to have.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Dyson is a class A c**t

Interesting. How have you formed this opinion ? Dyson, a self made millionaire, who resides in the UK and thus pays his taxes in the UK, funds a charitable foundation and employes hundreds of people in the UK. I'm wondering how that makes him a "class A c**t" ? So he moved production of parts abroad ( outside the EU as it happens ) but that's because of wage differentials and consumer pressure on price. Many, many, many UK companies do the same - as do US companies. I'm sure you're very happy that whatever device you use to post was made affordable to you partly thanks to being manufacturered in China, Korea etc etc.

I fully understand you don't like his Brexit support but really don't understand you're utter dislike of him given he's a reasonably low profile public figure.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Governments own reports say we have run out of time for a no deal Brexit and have everything ready.

Rules out no deal is better than a bad deal

Chequers it is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here