Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As you're here,Jackanory,can you do something useful and ask Plooks to come out and play?He seems to have me on ignore,the loser.:lolol:

Irony

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
President Clinton-wrong.Trump assassinated-wrong.Remain win the referendum-wrong.Trump impeached-wrong.Labour win GE-wrong.Corbin PM-wrong.Germany win World Cup-wrong.Bit of a theme developing here-can anybody guess what it is?

You are just full of shit, a liar, and this proves it. When did I ever say Corbyn would be PM? I resigned from the Labour Party over him you muppet. When did I say Germany would win the last World Cup? But if you want to play this game I get some things right, and some wrong. I did strongly believe Germany would win previous World Cup and Obama would be PM.

That said, I would rather be known as someone who makes wrong predictions than someone who lies and makes vague suggestions and gives misleading statements to cover their stupidity and make their dull little existence seem more interesting than it actually is. You are full of shit, been found out too many times, and few people believe a word you say.

Right. It’s breakfast time. Have a nice day.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh dear,I answer your silly question,you can't cope with being a div,personal abuse spouts,Friday nights are bad for you,aren't they?

Firstly, I never asked you a question, I just explained that you didn't know what you were talking about, you just carried on showing that you still had no idea, then repeated with the addition of smileys, which is what you usually do when eventually the penny drops and you realise you have been spouting bollocks. Hence the classic you comment.

But let me ask you a question, was there a legal way for any Briton who was living, and had been living overseas, for more than 15 years and had not previously registered to vote in UK elections, to vote in the referendum? I will give you a hint, first letter is N and last letter is O.
I explained that to you, and you still suggest that they could have registered a UK address. We know Bullshitting is second nature to you, but most people like to be honest.

The reasons that were given at the time for not extending the vote to these people, and to 16 and 17 year olds, and also for not having a threshold for making a change and just a simple majority regardless of turnout, was that the referendum was advisory only, and that Parliament would decide what to actually do. TM then tries to submit A50 without asking Parliament, and would have done if Gina Miller had not asked for a legal decision on that. Under threats of violence in the streets, talk of undermining democracy, accusations of treachery and with a background of an MP actually being murdered for being pro EU, they voted to submit A50. If the referendum has to be enacted, these people have to have their vote, legally, and not by lying about where they live, how old they are, or anything else.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Most of Eastern Europe is poor.That is why the EU have been giving them our money since they joined.The only difference between the EU poor and the Commonwealth poor is race.

The IMF recognizes 35 economies of decent status. 27 are in the EU.
The combined gdp of the African continent is half that of France.
Again, who do you plan on trading with, and when will trading be able to begin, if leaving the EU without a deal, bearing in mind that EVERY trade agreement we have will be null and void the day after we leave. Tariffs will be high on British goods. Who is going to be paying more for their goods? Who is going to plan on buying expensive UK goods rather than cheaper products (like the French company winning the British passport contract)

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Firstly, I never asked you a question, I just explained that you didn't know what you were talking about, you just carried on showing that you still had no idea, then repeated with the addition of smileys, which is what you usually do when eventually the penny drops and you realise you have been spouting bollocks. Hence the classic you comment.

But let me ask you a question, was there a legal way for any Briton who was living, and had been living overseas, for more than 15 years and had not previously registered to vote in UK elections, to vote in the referendum? I will give you a hint, first letter is N and last letter is O.
I explained that to you, and you still suggest that they could have registered a UK address. We know Bullshitting is second nature to you, but most people like to be honest.

The reasons that were given at the time for not extending the vote to these people, and to 16 and 17 year olds, and also for not having a threshold for making a change and just a simple majority regardless of turnout, was that the referendum was advisory only, and that Parliament would decide what to actually do. TM then tries to submit A50 without asking Parliament, and would have done if Gina Miller had not asked for a legal decision on that. Under threats of violence in the streets, talk of undermining democracy, accusations of treachery and with a background of an MP actually being murdered for being pro EU, they voted to submit A50. If the referendum has to be enacted, these people have to have their vote, legally, and not by lying about where they live, how old they are, or anything else.

Still hungover Baldy?You never asked me a question but didn't like my answer :eek:.But you haven't answered my question about how an asylum seeker from Sudan is smarter than all those expats who couldn't manage to get a UK address,when he managed four.Try Alka-Seltzer,before you damage yourself.

larus

View attachment 99812

Definitely the answer to the clusterf*** that you've managed to get yourself into :shootself

#outofthefryingpan
#carefulwhatyouwishfor
#youcanfoolsomeofthepeople

Tell me, who on the Leave side has been actively involved in the negotiations with the EU?

David Davis was marginalised by TM telling the EU to deal with Olly Robbins, so you can’t say him.

Let me give you a clue as to who has been the architects of the policy,
1 Teresa the appeaser.
2 Spreadsheet Phil. We’ll prepare for No Deal when we need to. Doh, great plan you dickhead.
3. Olly Robbins. A civil servant who has been TMs sidekick since the home office.

So rather than the usual remainer retort of “You leavers f*cked it up”, please tell me who has been running the negotiations and hitch diode there were (are) on.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The IMF recognizes 35 economies of decent status. 27 are in the EU.
The combined gdp of the African continent is half that of France.
Again, who do you plan on trading with, and when will trading be able to begin, if leaving the EU without a deal, bearing in mind that EVERY trade agreement we have will be null and void the day after we leave. Tariffs will be high on British goods. Who is going to be paying more for their goods? Who is going to plan on buying expensive UK goods rather than cheaper products (like the French company winning the British passport contract)

If the EU says no in October,that leaves 6 months to tie up the important ones we have already done the groundwork for like Canada,USA,Australia,New Zealand,China,South Korea,Singapore,Saudi Arabia,South Africa,Russia-lots of countries out there.Then if France and Germany want deals after we leave,that would be ok,but the rest of the EU not worth bothering about too much.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If the EU says no in October,that leaves 6 months to tie up the important ones we have already done the groundwork for like Canada,USA,Australia,New Zealand,China,South Korea,Singapore,Saudi Arabia,South Africa,Russia-lots of countries out there.Then if France and Germany want deals after we leave,that would be ok,but the rest of the EU not worth bothering about too much.

6 months?? Good luck. You really are in cloud cuckoo land.
If France and Germany want deals?? WTF is wrong with you. We will be paying the highest WTO tariffs. Who is going to be desperate to make deals? UK or France and Germany ffs.
Again, we would be paying the highest level of WTO tariffs making our products more expensive than anybody else.
Tell me about all this 'groundwork' thats already been done.

Last edited:

larus

6 months?? Good luck. You really are in cloud cuckoo land.
If France and Germany want deals?? WTF is wrong with you. We will be paying the highest WTO tariffs. Who is going to be desperate to make a deal? UK or France and Germany ffs.
Again, we would be paying the highest level of WTO tariffs making our products more expensive than anybody else.
Tell me about all this 'groundwork' thats already been done.

Hmm, I think someone doesn’t understand tariffs. Typical thick reaminer :lol:

larus

The UK doesn’t PAY tariffs.

We export goods and the country of destination can charge tariffs up to the WTO rate for that category of products.

The UK doesn’t have to charge tariffs if it doesn’t want to, as this is a tax which goes to the government. All it needs to do is be consistent with what it charges on each category of products (it can’t charge more from the EU than US for example). Therefore it’s clearly wrong to say we will PAY, as we don’t PAY.

Tariffs are a taxation this country can CHOOSE to implement. It doesn’t HAVE to.

Tariffs are protectionism as they are designed to make imports more expensive to protect home industry from competition. Hence Singapore has very low tariffs, but a very dynamic economy.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think this post highlights in every way the delusion hard brexiteers have of a no deal.

The fact that we cannot enter trade negotiations until we leave the EU. That even if we wanted to do some kind of scoping negotiations, there is a big question mark over whether the Civil Service has the numbers of staff or skills to do this. No chance in completing in 6 months. Plus, of course 2P offers no evidence that these deals are being worked on.

As usual with brexiteers, no real answers, just live in hope that something will turn up.

The very real danger is that if we leave without a deal, nothing turns up and the Country suffers. Not the Farage, Johnsons, Rees Mogg who are wealthy enough to withstand any economic shock, but those that suffer will be those who can least afford it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
That said, I would rather be known as someone who makes wrong predictions than someone who lies and makes vague suggestions and gives misleading statements to cover their stupidity and make their dull little existence seem more interesting than it actually is. You are full of shit, been found out too many times, and few people believe a word you say..

Wooooah, who told you that you make wrong predictions ?

You scour for a negative headline on the UK on almost anything, whilst blindly saying nothing negative on the EU let alone Germany.

Have you forgotten you STARTED a thread titled 'Merkel Strong and Stable' at a time when they were in chaos, how about UK economy 'tanking' unemployment 'rising', 'Britain on the brink' and my personal favourite 'The way the country is collapsing around your ears you'll all be living in 3rd world conditions very shortly.' these aren't predictions, it's childish propaganda full of lies, you're a liar mate don't big yourself up as anything else.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The UK doesn’t PAY tariffs.

We export goods and the country of destination can charge tariffs up to the WTO rate for that category of products.

The UK doesn’t have to charge tariffs if it doesn’t want to, as this is a tax which goes to the government. All it needs to do is be consistent with what it charges on each category of products (it can’t charge more from the EU than US for example). Therefore it’s clearly wrong to say we will PAY, as we don’t PAY.

Tariffs are a taxation this country can CHOOSE to implement. It doesn’t HAVE to.

So in a time where the government has being pushing austerity, we are not going to collect taxes on goods now. Who came up with this plan?
If we leave with no deal, we have to start again, I believe with 'third country' status. Because of WTO tariffs, who is going to buy our goods when they suddenly jump up in price by 20 or 30%>? If we lower our tariffs to zero, as you suggest, then we would have to, according to WTO regulations do the same for every country in the WTO organisation.
So, if no tariffs, what sort of deals are we going to have?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Tell me, who on the Leave side has been actively involved in the negotiations with the EU?

David Davis was marginalised by TM telling the EU to deal with Olly Robbins, so you can’t say him.

Let me give you a clue as to who has been the architects of the policy,
1 Teresa the appeaser.
2 Spreadsheet Phil. We’ll prepare for No Deal when we need to. Doh, great plan you dickhead.
3. Olly Robbins. A civil servant who has been TMs sidekick since the home office.

So rather than the usual remainer retort of “You leavers f*cked it up”, please tell me who has been running the negotiations and hitch diode there were (are) on.

Do you genuinely think that Boris, Foxy and Gove would make a good/better job of it? Maybe Nigel? I suspect negotiations would have broken down by now if so. (But thanks goodness we'll never know.)

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

You can't just do deals with France and Germany. Who doesn't understand the Single Market? Who is the thicky here? And I'm a leaver.

larus

So in a time where the government has being pushing austerity, we are not going to collect taxes on goods now. Who came up with this plan?
If we leave with no deal, we have to start again, I believe with 'third country' status. Because of WTO tariffs, who is going to buy our goods when they suddenly jump up in price by 20 or 30%>? If we lower our tariffs to zero, as you suggest, then we would have to, according to WTO regulations do the same for every country in the WTO organisation.
So, if no tariffs, what sort of deals are we going to have?

Again, you’re spouting off and not understanding what you’re saying. WTO tariffs are nowhere near 20%-30%, they are, when averaged out, somewhere like 3%-5% (from memory). Yes, it varies across products, but I believe the most extreme is something like 12-15%, but that is the exception.

At present, the UK doesn’t see any of these tariffs as they go to BRUSSELS, so we are no worse off. Our consumers end up paying and this money goes to Brussels, not HMRC. Actually, we are better off if we don’t implement tariffs, as, for example, food will be cheaper which will benefit the lower paid.

We are a large services industry and the EU has NO TRADE DEALS WHICH INCLUDE SERVICES. Only goods, we we are no worse off from that perspective.

Lastly, I didn’t say we shouldn’t have any tariffs, I said it’s a choice. I would advocate lower tariffs though as the average rate is low anyway.

Last edited:

larus

Do you genuinely think that Boris, Foxy and Gove would make a good/better job of it? Maybe Nigel? I suspect negotiations would have broken down by now if so. (But thanks goodness we'll never know.)

So you agree then that it’s been Remainers running the negotiations.

Hallelujah.

I believe that we should have been preparing to No Deal from the outset. Real preparations. I agree there will be disruption in a No Deal scenario, but once that happens, everyone will then work at resolving the issues. There will be short-term and medium-term impacts, but, where we disagree is that I feel that once we are free from the protectionist EU (which it is as it has over 12,000 tariffs which is charges), we will be able to diverge and grow.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Again, you’re spouting off and not understanding what you’re saying. WTO tariffs are nowhere near 20%-30%, they are, when averaged out, somewhere like 3%-5% (from memory). Yes, it varies across products, but I believe the most extreme is something like 12-15%, but that is the exception.

At present, the UK doesn’t see any of these tariffs as they go to BRUSSELS, so we are no worse off. Out consumers end up paying and this money goes to Brussels, not HMRC. Actually, we are better off if we don’t implement tariffs, as, for example, food will be cheaper which will benefit the lower paid.

We are a large services industry and the EU has NO TRADE DEALS WHICH INCLUDE SERVICES. Only goods, we we are no worse off from that perspective.

Lastly, I didn’t say we shouldn’t have any tariffs, I said it’s a choice. I would advocate lower tariffs though as the average rate is low anyway.

Will watch with interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here