Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The fair way to do it would be:
Referendum to begin negotiations to leave - yes or no
Referendum on deal - leave with deal or continue negotiaons or leave with no deal - remain

Why not do that? Then we can all have a say on if we leave and under what conditions we leave.

No, that is too obvious and straightforward

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Referendum on deal - leave with deal or continue negotiaons or leave with no deal - remain

Why not do that? Then we can all have a say on if we leave and under what conditions we leave.

Ah !!!! You DO want another referendum despite saying you didn't. Surely that would be another snapshot - and you don't like snapshots as you've said.

And of course you're only offering those options because you're bitter we're leaving. Why not remove the option to stay ?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Not looking forward to it .. more recognising the numerous potential catastrophic problems that the drive to create a European superstate - ever closer union has delivered. Yes I think they will the as fundamental flaws in the EU project are unresolved and I can only see tensions increasing as the detachment between the political class and their pipe dreams and the voters prorities across Europe become more apparent.

This is a bit of a problem in that you are predicting both the inevitable progression towards a European superstate and also a future riven by bust-ups, catastrophes and voter revolutions as the project alienates the people. This sort of argument is known as British cakery I believe.

My belief is that tensions emerging from the visegrad nations and elsewhere will see changes in the direction of the EU, changes that the UK could have led and benefitted from if it hadn't chosen to walk away.

The Leaver position has been made clear on here many times - because change hasn't happened in the past it won't happen in the future.

Jan 30, 2008
Stick your fingers in your ears and keep shouting 'project fear'. It's proven to be the best response when there is no plan, no sign of one and you don't understand what's actually happening.

You may also want to keep your fingers in your ears for a good few months, because I can guarantee you won't be happy at the outcome of this clusterf*** you've created.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5_-ZqJKzNc sleeping well though
regards
DR

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
There has been a problem with gang masters, cutting a huge chunk of the wage the farmers pay before passing it on to the workers, but the wages the farmers pay allows the best workers to hit about £180 a day. Hard graft though.
Do you think when Farage and co say we can be more competitive, they are thinking of paying higher wages for manual work?

Gang masters in a civilised country,in 2018....
I suppose we can all thank Tony Blair for re-introducing slavery back in 97.

Jan 30, 2008

chin up
regards
DR

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The simple solution here would be to pay crop harvesters a decent,living wage,stop cramming demoralised EU citizens 20 to caravan and paying them **** all,make it a worth while career,I’ve very little sympathy for the NFU when they’re basically saying “we’re going to lose a large slice of our slave labour because people who didn’t go to University had the temerity to take back control of their nation.”
The future is ours,
We’re on our way.

A bold vision. I'm no fan of the NFU either. Your optimism is almost contagious. Almost. If only you'd have gone to university (and preferably public school) you'd be electable.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Gang masters in a civilised country,in 2018....
I suppose we can all thank Tony Blair for re-introducing slavery back in 97.

Gangmaster is a title given to anyone who supplies labour for picking or packing agricultural produce or shellfish, it is not a criminal occupation, and since 2004 has been a licensed occupation, but there was a lot of criminal behaviour in this area, hence the law requiring licensing.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
BrExit - the countdown to 11PM GMT on Friday 29th of March 2019

Gangmaster is a title given to anyone who supplies labour for picking or packing agricultural produce or shellfish, it is not a criminal occupation, and since 2004 has been a licensed occupation, but there was a lot of criminal behaviour in this area, hence the law requiring licensing.

Perhaps the criminal element of this delightful profession should be retitled slave masters.
No wonder Tony wants to stay in the corrupt EU,he’s probably had a good drink out of it.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
just like the referendum result ...leave means leave
regards
DR

Brexit means Brexit, which includes the Norway option, the Swiss option, the full on gamble WTO exit or realising that it was all just fake news and its best to live with our neighbours. Or we can be the psycho neighbour. I know which camp you are in, which is a good reason for us to do the opposite
:thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
At least we are taking back control. When the European laws come to be re-written, the millions upon millions of pages of caveats and clauses will be debated and haggled over costing billions in international lawyer fees who will then hand the proposed Bill to an MP that you have a less than 50% chance of having voted for who will waive it through without having read it because they simply will not have time, over to the unelected Lords who can pass it back if it doesn't suit their agenda. Yep, we really are in control again.

The EU is very nuanced, very complicated. The question IN or OUT was never going to cover it, And oh look, it hasn't. The Ol' gammon faced pig ****er used the public to try and bolster his back bench support and 52% of the voting electorate fell hook, line and sinker into his political game and created this yellow shit storm instead. Bravo.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
current news, that was the vote and that's why we're leaving , deal with it and stop sniveling and grizzling

regards
DR

You're repeating yourself more and more. It's a sign of weakness when you have nothing to say.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I believe it was Dominic Cummins who said that the reason the Leave campaign didn't give the details before the referendum was that if that had they wouldn't have won.

Mainly, soundbites and sexy songs were all they had.

Most of those that voted for people to be hurt will only worry about it if they are among those to suffer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here