Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That's turned out well hasn't it?

A bunch of clueless numpties trying to negotiate a deal when they haven't got a frigging clue what kind of deal they want. Then we get repeated blaming of remainers for sabotaging the process. You really couldn't make it up. To top it all: the leavers actually believe that it is all in the name of "The will of the people". No it frigging well isn't. There is a minimum of 48% who believed it would be crazy to leave a trading bloc that everybody else wants to deal with (amongst other benefits of the EU). If there was a second referendum today 'Remain' would get a vote of at least 65% to 70% because the reality of leaving is now out there. Even the 'Turkeys who voted for Christmas in the North' realise they were duped.

I would like to know what the benefits of leaving will be for a small, insignificant country that no longer manufactures anything to sell? A country that relies on foreign workers to work the crops, fill vacancies in the NHS and countless other jobs. It is a Little England pipedream that has gone even more tits up than they (Vote Leave) promised. Not the usual 'Leaver' rhetoric please: Real tangible benefits that work for us all.

There out of ideas. They have no idea how to solve the challenges of Brexit such as customs and borders. No explanation of what the future looks like and can't provide of examples of the massive trade opportunities that exist.

No deal is all they have.left plus a load of false nostalgic BS about British backbone, beating the Nazi's etc. etc..

larus

There out of ideas. They have no idea how to solve the challenges of Brexit such as customs and borders. No explanation of what the future looks like and can't provide of examples of the massive trade opportunities that exist.

No deal is all they have.left plus a load of false nostalgic BS about British backbone, beating the Nazi's etc. etc..

Tell me Nick, are you still saying we’re bottom of the growth in G7 countries?

I’ve noticed you’re quite good at making wild statements but never good at answering questions which challenge your negative b*llocks.

Just saying like.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Answer the question: how do you know it is still the will of the people?
Was it not the will of the people to join? So you are ok with 2nd referendums if its result is leave. A little hypocrytical.

We've had our second referendum; we voted to leave. Third referendum (best of three?) due in just under 40 year's time, OK.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pound sinks to 11-month low as trade minister Liam Fox warns #Britain could crash out of the #EU without a trade deal

More project fear from Liam.

Wish he would stop talking us down

larus

Pound sinks to 11-month low as trade minister Liam Fox warns #Britain could crash out of the #EU without a trade deal

More project fear from Liam.

Wish he would stop talking us down

Meanwhile, in other news, German Factory Orders fall by 4% in August figures. This follows on from the drop in GDP Growth Rates of 0.7%, 0.6% and 0.2% in Q3/Q4 2017 and then Q1 2018.

Good job this wasn’t the UK as you’d be creaming yourself :lol: #BlameAllBadNewsOnBrexit

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Tell me Nick, are you still saying we’re bottom of the growth in G7 countries?

I’ve noticed you’re quite good at making wild statements but never good at answering questions which challenge your negative b*llocks.

Just saying like.

Wonder if he still thinks we're in the Eurozone?

On the plus side, it's quite amusing watching the #teameu crew sink to yet a new level of absurdity .. demanding individual voters have all the solutions for disentangling ourselves from the EU. Perhaps we should demand they solve the Euro crisis, migrant crisis and reverse surging support for more extreme parties across europe?

larus

No. I did not say that at all did I. I am asking why each referendum should be 40 years apart. What is the reason behind that? What is the data to support that as the optimum time between referendums?

So if a poll shows that people change their minds now and then again 3 months after another referendum, should we then have another one straight away? How about a new referendum every week?

It was clear that the referendum was a one-off and the government would implement the outcome. Everything else is just whinging.

larus

On the plus side, it's quite amusing watching the #teameu crew sink to yet a new level of absurdity .. demanding individual voters have all the solutions for disentangling ourselves from the EU. Perhaps we should demand they solve the Euro crisis, migrant crisis and reverse surging support for more extreme parties across europe?

I’m just waiting for the confrontation with Italy when they prepare their budgets as they want to break the Growth and Stabilty Pact rules. Now that will be fun. Pringles time surely? :lol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I wonder if the increasing fear for a no deal Brexit is causing any of our regular crystal ball gazers to reconsider their lofty pronouncements of always knowing no deal can't and won't happen.. :whistle:

Tick tock ..

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No, it was not a sensible vote as people STILL dont know what they voted for. Maybe you could clear it up? Could help the government out etc as they still seem to be struggling with it.

Sadly I don't really want to help them as they are useless but the alternative is even worse. Better the devil you know I suppose

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Meanwhile, in other news, German Factory Orders fall by 4% in August figures. This follows on from the drop in GDP Growth Rates of 0.7%, 0.6% and 0.2% in Q3/Q4 2017 and then Q1 2018.

Good job this wasn’t the UK as you’d be creaming yourself :lol: #BlameAllBadNewsOnBrexit

I mean, sure. It’s Liam talking down the UK in recent days. Not remainers

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No deal is a disaster, but we've been told the deal is very easy to negotiate so nothing to worry about as we were obviously told the truth.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I’m just waiting for the confrontation with Italy when they prepare their budgets as they want to break the Growth and Stabilty Pact rules. Now that will be fun. Pringles time surely? :lol:

Quite so .. yet if we were to believe the deluded ramblings from some on here you would think everything is sweetness and light in the EU. :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

On the plus side, it's quite amusing watching the #teameu crew sink to yet a new level of absurdity .. demanding individual voters have all the solutions for disentangling ourselves from the EU. Perhaps we should demand they solve the Euro crisis, migrant crisis and reverse surging support for more extreme parties across Europe?
Quite right - but you know as well as I do that there isn't a cat in hell's chance of any of them doing so. They'll just keep shouting even louder that everyone who voted Leave is personally responsible for supplying the Government with a fully detailed and costed working action plan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here