Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The point is you have just had a vote. Shall we just repeat this every two years?! Seriously?

Unless you're one of the THREE MILLION British citizens who live abroad, weren't allowed to vote, and yet *are* entitled to vote in our general elections. I wonder how those 3 million living in the EU might have voted? ???

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
If there were a 2nd Brexit Referendum

Leave ,more than ever for Me .
When you look at the war criminals and vermin touting a third referendum (we’ve already had two) it makes me realise I voted correctly in June 2016.
If politicians try and **** us over there will be blood on the dance floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Dear oh dear. There are no words.

Not quite sure what your point is. The argument that we have to wait another 40+ years because we did last time is monumentally flawed. It'd be akin to arguing that because we didn't have an election for 10 years between 1935 and 1945 all elections should only ever be had on 10 year intervals. Those who wanted to leave had over 40 years to force a plebiscite and come up with a plan for how to actually leave, they failed to do the former until a Remainer actually offered it, and they still haven't come up with the latter.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Leave ,more than ever for Me .
When you look at the war criminals and vermin touting a third referendum (we’ve already had two) it makes me realise I voted correctly in June 2016.
If politicians try and **** us over there will be blood on the floor.

This would be true if it wasn't clear there is now a massive majority in favour of stay, or at least wanting a vote on the Brexit deal. I'm afraid there isn't a majority of foot stamping me me me types who want Brexit regardless of what it actually ends up meaning.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Voting to rescind is a more stupid decision than voting to leave in the first place.

The thing is though, I really don’t give a **** anymore, we deserve all we get from here on in. IMO, a ridiculous decision was made, it’s not getting any better, and the Government who are supposed to have the welfare of our country at heart, appear not to give a **** either.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This would be true if it wasn't clear there is now a massive majority in favour of stay, or at least wanting a vote on the Brexit deal. I'm afraid there isn't a majority of foot stamping me me me types who want Brexit regardless of what it actually ends up meaning.

He (and all like him) knows that full well. That's exactly WHY he's shit scared of another vote.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

Pure garbage!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I don't see the point of this. Remain will win this vote (because it did last time, and remain has got more popular since then), and anyway this message board doesn't reflect voting patterns of the country.

Just shows how intelligent the majority of NSC posters are

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Every comment by a remainer makes a leaver more determined to leave. It's the same with Trump. These are entrenched views, they won't just simply go away by a second, third, fourth vote.

We have had 40+ years of membership of the EU, maybe some (52%) want to see what it will be like outside the EU. They may be wrong, they may be right. But the vote has given them that right and it should respected. I just can't see how you can justify another vote for at least 10 years, probably longer.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The thing is though, I really don’t give a **** anymore, we deserve all we get from here on in. IMO, a ridiculous decision was made, it’s not getting any better, and the Government who are supposed to have the welfare of our country at heart, appear not to give a **** either.

That's the worrying thing with those camped on the remain side (which I used to be), they'd quite happily masochistically vote to make things worse than just accept what we're doing.

Really? I'm afraid that's contrary to what I've found in my circles. Those who voted leave are even more determined as each day passes, without exception, to vote the same way. Quite a few remainers, including myself, are sick and tired of this going on and on and realise trying to negotiate our way back in will be to our utter detriment at this stage, and thus have changed stance.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I voted to stay and I would again but all this harping on about it is really getting on my ti ts just accept we lost and move on ffs

Indeed. Or as someone above said "inded" (is that a new cool gang youngster term?!)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What would be interesting is if everybody voted the same and with those who had died (obviously) getting no vote and those who are now old enough getting a vote

About 1 million deaths per year in the the U.K., of which approx half are over 75s. If you take this group as being 75% leave, that means that leave loses 750 000 votes in the past 2 years, so a 500 000 swing to remain. What’s probably more significant is that there’ll have been something like 3m newly registered voters since 2016 with the large numbers registering in time for last year’s GE. Most of them would be young and probably 75% remain, so that could swing it by a further 1.5m.

Turnout is key though: it was estimated that only 36% of 18-24 year olds voted last time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here