Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone else think Schweinstieger has made a massive mistake with his move?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It doesn't really matter no, it's just something I've noticed. We have more connection with Germany historically but in our hearts were more Spanish. We may share roots with Germany but I think we've developed quite differently

Really? I'm genuinely surprised by this statement.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really? I'm genuinely surprised by this statement.
Me too. The Germans are much more like us. Everyone is asleep in Spain until silly o'clock whereas Germany is northern European like us but with a better climate. BTW I love both countries and peoples.

Which part of Liverpool are your in-laws from Herr? I've lived in 6 parts of the city. Great place but I'm glad to see the back of it.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
[MENTION=20237]Davemania[/MENTION].

I think that if you don't get on with any Germans, and find them annoying, irritating and nerdy, then you must have made the decision not to get on with them prior to meeting them. You have decided not to like Germans.

A throwback to the Piers Morgan days of "Achtung Surrender!"

Some Germans are as you describe, as are some English, Spanish...whoever you care to mention. Most are not.

I find Germany to be one of the most welcoming, relaxed and comfortable places to visit. You really need to throw those prejudices away.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Me too. The Germans are much more like us. Everyone is asleep in Spain until silly o'clock whereas Germany is northern European like us but with a better climate. BTW I love both countries and peoples.

Which part of Liverpool are your in-laws from Herr? I've lived in 6 parts of the city. Great place but I'm glad to see the back of it.
i LOVE liverpool , fantastic city, fantastic people , i spend a lot of time in the dingle when im up there.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
[MENTION=20237]Davemania[/MENTION].

I think that if you don't get on with any Germans, and find them annoying, irritating and nerdy, then you must have made the decision not to get on with them prior to meeting them. You have decided not to like Germans.

A throwback to the Piers Morgan days of "Achtung Surrender!"

Some Germans are as you describe, as are some English, Spanish...whoever you care to mention. Most are not.

I find Germany to be one of the most welcoming, relaxed and comfortable places to visit. You really need to throw those prejudices away.

No not at all, it's from my experience of meeting them. A certain type of person may well get on with Germans, if you're the fusspot sort of type then yes, they're probably right up your street. Hallo! Wilcommen even our language sounds annoyink. Personally I find them very irritating

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No not at all, it's from my experience of meeting them. A certain type of person may well get on with Germans, if you're the fusspot sort of type then yes, they're probably right up your street. Hallo! Wilcommen even our language sounds annoyink. Personally I find them very irritating

You haven't met the same sort of German people as I have then. You have always met the annoying ones. What are the chances?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Just asked her: Skelmersdale, Bootle, Fazakerly and Netherton, or "all over" as she said.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
You haven't met the same sort of German people as I have then. You have always met the annoying ones. What are the chances?

There's truth in what you're saying. At the end of the day we meet a small proportion of any given population. Yes it's quite possible that I've only met ones that irritate and that I don't get on with. It is possible though to, in a sweeping generalization type of way, sum up charcteristics of a nationality, we're all quite distinct in our own ways and the Germans don't suit me whatsoever

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Germans are very interesting. My German ex was prone to melancholy coupled with arrogance, but brutally logical. No regrets about the time together, or that its over. She'd say the same Lol! Anyone going to see Henning Wien at the Betsy Trottwood in September? I'm there Monday night. In my new Zamora shirt (which I haven't bought yet).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
i LOVE liverpool , fantastic city, fantastic people , i spend a lot of time in the dingle when im up there.
Ha, I've got some mates in nearby Tocci and my kids were born there.
Just asked her: Skelmersdale, Bootle, Fazakerly and Netherton, or "all over" as she said.
All to the north, the nearest I lived to those places was a stones throw from the Kop in Anfield.
Is there a word that is more scouse than Fazakerly?
I once heard an African lady try to ask the bus driver if the bus went to Fazza-curly. Lovely.😝 The name Fazakerly is Anglo Saxon as are the two infamous districts of Toxteth and Croxteth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is there a word that is more scouse than Fazakerly?

Ha ha, very true. I love hearing scousers say this name. I also love it when they say Steven Gerrard. Panini said in a Scouse accent is good as well.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
before the thread got derailed somewhat, i thought it was very one sided.

iloveyou.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=20237]Davemania[/MENTION]

Irritating? Yeah right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 127

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
She's actually not that pretty. Nice body, put a paper bag over her head and put some ear plugs in. Good to go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here