Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the most bananas you've gone for any SINGLE Albion goal?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
There's been loads of bananas moments but for me the most mentally celebrated goal was Mc Shane at selhurst. Rounded of a great day.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's got to be Hereford surely? Anyone saying otherwise must either have stopped following us (a fair few let's face it!) is a JCL or simply wasn't alive then or too young to remember. But for those of us thereor listening on the radio even....NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO THAT MOMENT!!!

Really! Not for me...must be one of your jcls then.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dean Wilkins

Allegedly I got rather animated by THAT Stuart Munday goal but I can't believe that I was sober enough to have seen it.

Was that Stuart Monday goal at Leicester.

Actually I also went totally bonkers when Gordon smith completed his hat trick from 3-0 down at Coventry. Even ended up in the middle of a brawl with a bunch of Chelsea fans who had wandered into the brighton end at the Coventry ground. Bizarre day that was.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Garry Nelson at Brentford, remember the build up, cheering every pass, then nelson gets the ball, beats what seamed like the entire Brentford team and then smashes it past the keeper ! Still think that's the best goal I've ever seen a Brighton player score !

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
2 more to my earlier list. McShane at Palace. Not sure if this counts as i wasn't there sadly but the Reinelt goal was celebrated by dancing on my car bonnet listening to the commentary!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Garry Nelson at Brentford, remember the build up, cheering every pass, then nelson gets the ball, beats what seamed like the entire Brentford team and then smashes it past the keeper ! Still think that's the best goal I've ever seen a Brighton player score !

without a doubt it's the best goal I've seen by a Brighton player

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I recall the North Stand going wild in the 3-3 draw with Bournemouth back in the 93/94 season. First an Ian Chapman thunderbolt followed by a 'super' Paul McCarthy scrambled leveller in front of the North. A memorable south coast derby.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Really! Not for me...must be one of your jcls then.

Perhaps calling you a JCL would be harsh. However, it might just show a lack of appreciation of how that was the most important goal in Albion's history by some distance. Never mind the joy of the goal my abiding memory of that day was how sick with nerves I was at half time. Not much could really ever spoil that day but the **** who nabbed Robbie's boots had earlier been annoying everyone by clambering on the fence and obstructing peoples views.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Perhaps calling you a JCL would be harsh. However, it might just show a lack of appreciation of how that was the most important goal in Albion's history by some distance. Never mind the joy of the goal my abiding memory of that day was how sick with nerves I was at half time. Not much could really ever spoil that day but the **** who nabbed Robbie's boots had earlier been annoying everyone by clambering on the fence and obstructing peoples views.

....or getting hugged by steve gritt at the end and getting a sweaty armpit rammed in my face.....eugh. To be honest I didn't enjoy that day at all as it was so damn nerve racking, yet the cup final run, which I made every game including Newcastle away was by far the best series of games I have had watching brighton. Liverpool away, Norwich at home and sheff wed at Highbury can never be beaten in my eyes, and the cup final was also brilliant...the replay less so.

It's all about opinions

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Yes - for a relatively minor game (early cup round), against similar to us opposition, what was it about that goal? It was the best (quality) goal I've seen live - but that doesn't really explain the reaction of us on the terraces. I think it was to do with the numbers of us (but again, why were there so many?), some pre-match tension (can't remember what), and the unexpectedness of the goal.

Otherwise - Case at Highbury, Hereford (the only time I have been in absolute uncontrollable tears at a football match), and also Ulloa at Leeds three/four seasons ago. That one was down to the general 'anti-Leeds' atmosphere, sealing our place in the play-offs, and coming after us taunting El Hadji Diouf to get himself sent off. One of the most satisfying football matches.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's fair because that is your experience, but it also reflects the difference between the reaction to a goal when at the ground and reaction listening on the radio.

True. I have gone LOOPY if I had been at Hereford. The fact that I wasn't reflected on what the gory years had done to my psyche.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I didn't go too mad at Edgar Street as I was wracked with nerves. Didn't see the ball hit the net due to the shit view we had , so massive wave of relief followed by realisation that there was still half an hour to go.

I posted Zamora at Peterborough previously in this thread as that was the most mental I can remember any away end I was in. 4000 Brighton fans all completely losing it at the goal that would win us promotion. Happy Days !

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Norwich City in the FA Cup Quarter Final. Also Connor scoring the second against Liverpool the following season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here