Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shootings and explosion in Paris!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Still strapped into his suicide vest? I imagine that last night atrocity was always planned as a one way trip to Heaven, and 72 virgins. I just don't understand the need to carry his passport

Just so sad they weren't taken out by a woman marksmen then there trip to Heaven becomes one to Hell where they belong

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
This mess needs a coordinated response. You'd be a sitting duck if you isolated yourselves now. I don't think the UK would be stupid enough.

On R4 this morning the EU response was discussed, in light of Hollande's reference to "war" in his address to France, and the consensus was that the EU Institutions would back France on military action, there was no mention of this going to the EU Parliament.

Whether or not you or I disagree with military action, the underlying point was clear that the EU would defend the EU.

So much for the common market...........and no doubt you will be heaving on your jackboots and heading east with your mates once the EU has got Ukraine on board?

Sitting duck, you called that right.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Still strapped into his suicide vest? I imagine that last night atrocity was always planned as a one way trip to Heaven, and 72 virgins. I just don't understand the need to carry his passport

I would imagine in case I didn't go to plan. Who knows what goes on in these insane minds?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Those who support ISIS or sympathise with them, or give their tacit approval to acts of terror are not the immediate problem. They may hold those views but they are not prepared to act upon them. However there is a hardcore of hate preachers and radicalised young men who are chattering away and plotting and scheming and many of them are known to the authorities.

Special Forces should be paying them a visit.

...and do what with them?

I think we found out with the Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6 that if the suggestion is to " take them out" I am sure there would be many people who would feel extremely uneasy about that policy.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...and do what with them?

I think we found out with the Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6 that if the suggestion is to " take them out" I am sure there would be many people who would feel extremely uneasy about that policy.

I understand what you are saying Dave, completely. But equally many others feel extremely uneasy about 128+ people being gunned down on a night out in Paris, or a drummer with a young daughter being decapitated in cold blood on a south London street.

22 SAS carry lots of kit but the one thing they rarely bother with is handcuffs. I don't envisage many of those receiving a visit getting as far as the duty solicitor. I know it is unpalatable but how long do we 'watch' them for before we take action? Our tolerance is perceived as weakness and if we don't act dozens of innocent British citizens and their families will pay the price. Once the hardcore have been neutralised the symapthisers will melt away.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just round up all the hate preachers , anyone who has been under surveillance, and anyone who is or has been on a list, and if any complain about human rights, we just say sorry mate, we are using Sharia law to deal with this. Ship them all off to Guantanamo until ISIS is defeated.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
2gt3t6v.jpg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Churchill 1935 House of Commons.

“When the situation was manageable it was neglected, and now that it is thoroughly out of hand we apply too late the remedies which then might have effected a cure. There is nothing new in the story. It is as old as the sibylline books. It falls into that long, dismal catalogue of the fruitlessness of experience and the confirmed unteachability of mankind. Want of foresight, unwillingness to act when action would be simple and effective, lack of clear thinking, confusion of counsel until the emergency comes, until self-preservation strikes its jarring gong–these are the features which constitute the endless repetition of history.”

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Special Forces should be paying them a visit.

They did and decided to shoot dead a young Brazilian man at a London Underground Tube station after the London atrocities

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
get out of EU, deport all illegals sooner rather than later ,stop building any more mosques in this country ,hows that for starters
regards
DR

EU possibly, how do you define an illegal ?

There are a lot of British Muslims so why can they not have more Mosques ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
They did and decided to shoot dead a young Brazilian man at a London Underground Tube station after the London atrocities

Not quite. Menezes was shot by S019 officers in a fast-moving situation under direction from a flapping Met Police Gold Commander, who got it wrong. I would have far more faith in a combination of GCHQ, MI5 and Special Forces to plan it right and get it right if only they were allowed to. It's what they train for every single day.

Let's all sit on hands and do nothing until the next atrocity strikes London and the inevitable "was known to the authorities" line is read on the news. I bet the spooks wonder why they bother sometimes.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

They chose to shoot dead what they perceived to be a real and present terrorist threat to themselves and others, they were mistaken.

'OK ISIS, in you come, this way, just over here on the left to Number 10, don't want any of that mistaken identity malarky now do we'.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They chose to shoot dead what they perceived to be a real and present terrorist threat to themselves and others, they were mistaken.

'OK ISIS, in you come, this way, just over here on the left to Number 10, don't want any of that mistaken identity malarky now do we'.

Just like they were over alleged IRA bombers, all I am saying is how sure is sure when and not if you decide to act

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here