Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Famous BHA Comebacks

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Not quite, the 3-2 was the last home game of 92/93

You are right though in that we did beat them 2-1 in the first home game of the season you referred to.

I vaguely remember George 'sneaky' Parris scoring a goal at the North End that day.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Didn't Brighton came back from 0-3 down away to Everton in the top flight in the early 80's ? it may have been 1-3 to have been a 3-3 draw at full time.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Didn't Brighton came back from 0-3 down away to Everton in the top flight in the early 80's ? it may have been 1-3 to have been a 3-3 draw at full time.

You might be thinking of the Coventry game (0-3 down, drew 3-3, Gordon Smith hat-trick. I remember it well!)

The Millwall game was 77-78 season I think.

The best ever comeback should have been against Sheffield United at Bramhall Lane in 1989. We were 3-0 down, came back to be 4-3 up.... but lost 5-4, thanks to a last minute pen!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I vaguely remember George 'sneaky' Parris scoring a goal at the North End that day.

Thems were the days.. Hardly any crowd yet loads of atmosphere!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Slightly ot but does anyone remember the last time we were 2-0 down after 5 mins? I don't

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
What about the game against Liverpool in the early 80s? 2-0 down and 3-1 down to draw 3-3. That was a Liverpool team that included Dalglish, Hansen, McDermott, Lee, Kennedy R, Kennedy A, Grobbelaar, Souness, Neale...

2 diving headers if I remember right. What a final 10 mins that was. Stood on my little box in the west stand.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Slightly ot but does anyone remember the last time we were 2-0 down after 5 mins? I don't

At home to Wigan at Withdean - I got in 6-7 mins late and we were already 0-2 - i think they got a third very soon after too... Ended 2-4

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At home to Wigan at Withdean - I got in 6-7 mins late and we were already 0-2 - i think they got a third very soon after too... Ended 2-4

I remember that game, Wigan were different class.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Newcastle at home, losing 1-0, 15 minutes to go. Won 4-1 Brian Wade came on as sub and scored all 4.. and then of course we hardly ever picked him again. Typical Brighton.

And Pompey at home 1-0 down, equalised latte on and an injury time winner.. Khul loses his Cool

But the greatest of all time. Hereford away. The rest is history.

Were we 2-0 down until Wade came on? Incredible evening game down at the Goldstone at a time when the club wasnt in a great place. How on earth Wade didnt get a chance after that is also typical Brighton.

Don't remember him scoring 4 in the last 15 minutes and it was, as others have subsequently pointed out, 4-2. He was, if memory serves me correct, only on loan and didtn't really do anything of note after that, either with us or anywhere else!

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
2-0 down and coming back to draw 2-2 at Anfield in the FA Cup in 1991 was my favourite game for many, many years. We had a penalty at Anfied, which I seem to remember was the first penalty awarded against Liverpool at Anfield for several seasons. A great day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Were we 2-0 down until Wade came on? Incredible evening game down at the Goldstone at a time when the club wasnt in a great place. How on earth Wade didnt get a chance after that is also typical Brighton.

I think it may have been 2-0. Fog of memory. I seem to remember Wade scored another one in a match shortly afterwards but faded thereafter.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Brighton & Hove Albion 4-4 Colchester Utd

Isaiah Rankin 15, Tony Adcock 23, Isaiah Rankin 29, Scott Stamps 75

Friday 26th December 1997 - 1st Team

Match details

Competition:English Third DivisionVenue:priestfield (away)Attendance:2647Season:1997-1998

Match score

Half time score:0-3Full time score:4-4

Officials

Referee:Mark Halsey

Match notes

Final Game: Isaiah Rankin
First Goal: Scott Stamps
Last Goal: Isaiah Rankin, Scott Stamps

Brighton & Hove Albion

Line-up
1. Nicky Rust
2. Peter Smith