Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Absolutely,

If anything, just to experience another season sitting in front of the most eloquent of MOANERS who now just sends me into fits of laughter each time he BLURTS out a classic.

Yesterday, a particular favourite was Bennett doing VERY WELL to keep the ball in play only for it to fall to a Derby player. Cue Mr Angry announcing "What was THAT!? That's ATTROCIOUS"

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sounds like you'll have plenty of seats to choose from if you do decide to renew elsewhere in the stadium!

What is the best way to do this?

Cancel and then find other seats? Requires co-ordination for multiple people.

Not the time right now. Results were good. Trains were dreadful.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What is the best way to do this?

Cancel and then find other seats? Requires co-ordination for multiple people.

Not the time right now. Results were good. Trains were dreadful.

Renew, then depending where you wish to move to contact the club on the date listed below

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets/

Moving Seats

If you are a current season ticket holder wishing to move seats you must renew your current season tickets first. If on DD you will auto-renew, but if you pay upfront you must buy your current seat prior to the deadline of 5pm on 19th March 2015 in order to qualify to move. You should then contact the club via the Albion Booking Line 0844 327 1901 or visit in person, on the dates shown below, dependent on the area you wish to move to:
•Tues 24th March - moves to/within North and South
•Wed 25th March - moves to/within West
•Thurs 26th March - moves to/within East

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets/index.aspx#u8DBq5ZDd7aYMW3u.99

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I bet most of the dunnos are less grumpy now.

I only voted "undecided" because I might be in Toronto for the whole of next season. Apparently, even though they've extended the travel zone, that is still outside it. #BarberOUT

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Renew, then depending where you wish to move to contact the club on the date listed below

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets/

Moving Seats

If you are a current season ticket holder wishing to move seats you must renew your current season tickets first. If on DD you will auto-renew, but if you pay upfront you must buy your current seat prior to the deadline of 5pm on 19th March 2015 in order to qualify to move. You should then contact the club via the Albion Booking Line 0844 327 1901 or visit in person, on the dates shown below, dependent on the area you wish to move to:
•Tues 24th March - moves to/within North and South
•Wed 25th March - moves to/within West
•Thurs 26th March - moves to/within East

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets/index.aspx#u8DBq5ZDd7aYMW3u.99

Is the deadline 19 March as you (and the renewal letter I got this morning) state, or is it 13 March as the leaflet I also got this morning states? Perhaps I'm getting confused. I'll look at it more closely this evening.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A few around me in West Lower have changed their mind and decided to renew due to the vast improvement under CH and the future for next season looking brighter. I have actually renewed.

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Absolutely yes! This season has been tough and my emotions have been all over the place, and some of my thoughts and comments now leave me feeling a little embaraced. I am old enough and sometimes wise enough to realise that being a footy fan means excepting the highs and lows of a league season.
High: the feeling after the Leeds game! Loved it!
Low: Millwall nothing went right for me, on or off the field, possibly my absolute worst match and matchday experience ever, at any stadium!
Bizarre: the elation after the Derby game, it was a strange feeling of utter joy, but feeling that I received an A* And not fully comprehending how I got it.
The walk to the stadium still excites me! GOSBTS and now with the addition of The Ring Of Fire whips me up ready for the kick off as long as I can afford for me and little Ali to go we will be going! UTA

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Cancelled our two s/t's this week, after about 7 seasons. My (now) 12 year old son lost all interest once we moved to the Amex - the two hour trip with a short stroll down to the Withdean, became 3.5 / 4 hours with buses / coaches to the Amex, boring him to tears. As did the lack of home goals football at the Amex era served up by Poyet and his successors. In sharp contrast to the brilliant football under Poyet at Withdean. By the time of Hughton's appointment, the damage was long done.

For me, the long hours out travelling alone, have made it demotivating. As the Amex was being built, it was all magical. For me, the matchday experience has lost its shine. I don't blame Bloom or Barber at all - we just personally find 4 hours out for a match and buses a bore.

I will now have an entire break. I might get interested in again later, perhaps on an occasional match basis?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Blimey you find 3.5 hours out for a game of footie to be too much? Me and my 3 lads live up near Northampton as season ticket holders, lifelong fans all of us, and our round trip on a home match day is 11 hours. We leave home at 10.30am and roll back into the village at 9.30pm straight into the village boozer to have a quick beer and watch match of the day!

Not asking for any medals, just saying like, 3.5 hours out of your day is pretty close to the minimum anyone could expect to commit, bearing in mind the game itself lasts 2 hours from start to finish.

#itsnevertoolate

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Will be interesting to see final numbers at the start of the season. Renewals are 'significantly down' with 'loads' deciding not to renew (did the Amex Tour on Saturday and the guide was at pains to point this out more than once)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am a Brighton Fan and I have seen many ups and Downs and I am sure we will have plenty more.I'll will renew my season ticket and I had one for Gillingham in the dark days :down:
Just remember what Bill Shankley said!😱

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Will be interesting to see final numbers at the start of the season. Renewals are 'significantly down' with 'loads' deciding not to renew (did the Amex Tour on Saturday and the guide was at pains to point this out more than once)
Disappointing news. On most trips to The Amex this year I have tried to rationalise why there WON'T be a big drop in numbers but the writing had been on the wall for a long time.

Why would people who hardly ever attend, and when they do only watch about 70 minutes, bother to renew...?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Cancelled our two s/t's this week, after about 7 seasons. My (now) 12 year old son lost all interest once we moved to the Amex - the two hour trip with a short stroll down to the Withdean, became 3.5 / 4 hours with buses / coaches to the Amex, boring him to tears. As did the lack of home goals football at the Amex era served up by Poyet and his successors. In sharp contrast to the brilliant football under Poyet at Withdean. By the time of Hughton's appointment, the damage was long done.

For me, the long hours out travelling alone, have made it demotivating. As the Amex was being built, it was all magical. For me, the matchday experience has lost its shine. I don't blame Bloom or Barber at all - we just personally find 4 hours out for a match and buses a bore.

I will now have an entire break. I might get interested in again later, perhaps on an occasional match basis?
I'm guessing that you live near Withdean. Are you seriously saying that the bus trip to the Amex is too long?? What route are they taking?!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm guessing that you live near Withdean. Are you seriously saying that the bus trip to the Amex is too long?? What route are they taking?!

I doubt he is near Withdean..he talks about a 2 hour bus trip followed by a short stroll.

Can quite see how this has become 3.5/4 hours..but the poster knows.....personally I much prefer the Amex....and watching Championship football to Laegue one....and Poyets reign in League one was only one season. Still in fairness to the OP I have just a 30 min car journey and 30 min walk.

D

Deleted member 22389

Honestly think we are going to be 3,000 - 4,000 down on last season. It's a shame why some people chuck it in just because we have had one bad season at the Amex, it doesn't say much about the support does it.
I will renew whatever, and all the time I can afford it. My biggest concern is how this will effect our ability to strengthen for next season.

D

Deleted member 22389

Blimey you find 3.5 hours out for a game of footie to be too much? Me and my 3 lads live up near Northampton as season ticket holders, lifelong fans all of us, and our round trip on a home match day is 11 hours. We leave home at 10.30am and roll back into the village at 9.30pm straight into the village boozer to have a quick beer and watch match of the day!

Not asking for any medals, just saying like, 3.5 hours out of your day is pretty close to the minimum anyone could expect to commit, bearing in mind the game itself lasts 2 hours from start to finish.

#itsnevertoolate

Good on you sir, you are a credit to all Albion supporters. That's one hell of a trip that you have to make for matches. Makes my slightly uphill cycle of 3.5 miles sound silly when I hear some of the miles you have to travel to matches.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we want to maintain the 1901 levels, and that excellent income stream, the only real option is to invest heavily in the team over the summer, and I'm sure they know this.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I doubt he is near Withdean..he talks about a 2 hour bus trip followed by a short stroll.

Can quite see how this has become 3.5/4 hours..but the poster knows.....personally I much prefer the Amex....and watching Championship football to Laegue one....and Poyets reign in League one was only one season. Still in fairness to the OP I have just a 30 min car journey and 30 min walk.

I misunderstood; I thought that the whole afternoon for them was 2 hours. Having said that, for me personally, the move to the Amex has made my journey easier and quicker: I can usually leave on the final whistle and get on a train to Brighton within 10 mins. I'm yet to fail to get the 7pm train from Euston, which gets me back to Manchester by 9pm.

If NSC is taken as a representative cross section, and we make the assumption the undecideds are 50/50, which gives 75%, or around 15-16K. Not bad for a club that's just had a crap season. Is it the case that a fair number of the non-renewers (as reported by the tour guide) are just waiting to move seats?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Honestly think we are going to be 3,000 - 4,000 down on last season. It's a shame why some people chuck it in just because we have had one bad season at the Amex, it doesn't say much about the support does it.
I will renew whatever, and all the time I can afford it. My biggest concern is how this will effect our ability to strengthen for next season.

Well it does a bit. We were a long time in wilderness years, we were losing many, many fans in the last 5 or 6 years at the Goldstone, Withdean was limited in capacity, and in interest for many. We got the Amex, there was a fantastic response from our long standing fans, and an even more amazing response from many thousands who clearly weren't active followers of the Albion previously. They saw the glory of the new stadium, they saw 2 seasons in the playoffs, the 'promise' of EPL football (Premier League Ready), that kept many of them coming, but now that (one) ambition bubble has been so impressively burst it no real surprise that some will go back to their Sky Sports and back to armchair supporting whatever team they want. It's a fickle thing football, look how the mighty have fallen (Leeds, Wednesday et al) , we have not been mighty (yet) so the fall isn't a surprise really, the club needs to regroup and rethink, we'll probably see lower crowds next season (tickets sold), but if they dish something up on the pitch worthwhile, those crowds may grow as the season develops.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I think you're wrong. His profile suggests he lives near Withdean so he had a stroll the game, watched the match and a stroll home all in two hours. I still can't believe that getting to the Amex has doubled that time and even if it has, there is certainly a lot more going on at the Amex than there ever was at the Withdean!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here