Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince going to the Prem?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am sure it is bull, but could the club have been contacted about the possibility of buying Ince? This would surely explain the reasons behind him having played less regularly lately
I'm struggling to understand why a club enquiring about Ince would be a reason why he has played less regularly over the past couple of weeks?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he needs to grow some bollocks and start BOSSING champ games before clubs from the prem start sniffing around......i stand by my briddcutt analysis.....simply not good enough...buckley...oh stop ...!!

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
he needs to grow some bollocks and start BOSSING champ games before clubs from the prem start sniffing around......i stand by my briddcutt analysis.....simply not good enough...buckley...oh stop ...!!

I would have only thought it would be to try and avoid him being injured this close to the end of season

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If a decent offer comes in he's off its simple. I personally don't see it just yet.

Ince, Stephens and Kayal has to be our starting 3 for the majority of games next year if fit.
Throw in JFC and Holla and were sorted. Crofts was finished before his last injury in my opinion so I am not hopeful about him returning to anything like he was.
Even if Crofty does get back into some sort of shape he is very much a squad man now rather than starting 11 in my opinion.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
If a decent offer comes in he's off its simple. I personally don't see it just yet.

Ince, Stephens and Kayal has to be our starting 3 for the majority of games next year if fit.
Throw in JFC and Holla and were sorted. Crofts was finished before his last injury in my opinion so I am not hopeful about him returning to anything like he was.
Even if Crofty does get back into some sort of shape he is very much a squad man now rather than starting 11 in my opinion.

Your opinion is wrong, Crofty was just starting to get back and properly fit, however this second bad injury, who knows?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Your opinion is wrong, Crofty was just starting to get back and properly fit, however this second bad injury, who knows?

I chatted with Crofty on Monday evening. He said he is recovering from his latest injury, in a better way, than he did before.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't read the whole thread but if we don't insist on keeping Ince and let him go because "the offer was too good" I will seriously question this club's ambition. We have to make a stand somewhere as recently we have got shot of just about everyone we get a decent offer for, to the very great detriment of the team. Look at the teams at the top of this league and tell me how many of their first team stars they sold this season? I have seen quite a few instances where the players have made clear that their ambition was to stay with the club and help them to promotion. We don't hear this from Albion players, is it because we almost push them out of the door when we get offers?

We'll probably get shot of Kayal for 750k, "great bit of business over 6 months" too :wink:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I haven't read the whole thread but if we don't insist on keeping Ince and let him go because "the offer was too good" I will seriously question this club's ambition. We have to make a stand somewhere as recently we have got shot of just about everyone we get a decent offer for, to the very great detriment of the team. Look at the teams at the top of this league and tell me how many of their first team starts they sold this season?

:thumbsup:.. think they have the start of a decent , young team......if we flog every player that looks to be promising , we won't get anywhere....will we...???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I listened with interest to John Barnes on Talksport yesterday talking about Raheem Sterling and how he should remain at Liverpool and prove himself, rather than move to a bigger club, of which he seems to be looking for.
According to Football Weekly Liverpool and Sterling have 'fallen out' over contract negotiations, apparently Liverpool are baulking at the wage demand of £150,000 a week.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We don't hear this from Albion players, is it because we almost push them out of the door when we get offers?

That wasn't the case with Elliott Bennett, or Buckley, in both cases they were made to stay to the end of the season. Bridcutt sulked his way to the exit door by refusing to play, and Ulloa made it clear at Derby in the play-off final that he was leaving. I think the club did very well to negotiate £8.5-10 million for him TBH.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I hope he does. But even if fit he would not be getting ahead of Ince Kayal and Stephens in a central 3, simply because they are all better than Crofts in my opinion

Happy to have him as part of the squad though, Like JFC and Holla he is more than adequate cover for the other 3

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That wasn't the case with Elliott Bennett, or Buckley, in both cases they were made to stay to the end of the season. Bridcutt sulked his way to the exit door by refusing to play, and Ulloa made it clear at Derby in the play-off final that he was leaving. I think the club did very well to negotiate £8.5-10 million for him TBH.

Making a player stay is not the same as a player saying he'd like to stay, ffs even Bournemouth players have been saying that this season. I think the last player that I can recall saying he wanted to stay here was John Byrne :lolol:

The club have done VERY well with the transfer fees they have got but it has ****ed us big time on the field.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

Disagree that Crofty was finished ,in fact he was our best midfielder. However when he comes back could be very different.

Dec 29, 2011
I would imagine CH is looking to unload some of our central midfielders, we have too many. With Kayal first choice now, we probably would look to sell the likes of Ince for decent 7 figure fees.

Would be very disappointing if we sold one of our most promising youngsters. I'd rather sell Holla or Crofts if we sold anyone.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
All of our players are for sale for the right price. They always have been, you can say that of virtually every club in the world. Ince's value, that's a different thing. For me I think he can be a decent mid level PL player. When he first broke through I thought he was going to be a star but he hasn't trained on as much as I hoped. He's a good age and on a fairly lengthy contract, I'd want something close to £5m incl add ons given that he is 'home grown' and still improving.

If we get something like that we will probably have to deal, the days of building a side around a player and refusing all offers went out with Bosman. This is all about incremental gain now. Sell for £5m buy 2/3 replacements and hope to do it again. Keep flipping players until the overall squad strength is improved enough to have a proper pop at promotion.

I like him a lot but I expected him to rip this division up a bit this season and for various reasons that hasn't happened, most of which were beyond the boys control, but I still wonder if he has the mental strength and the aggression to really make it big...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I've got a great idea !!!
Let's continue sell all our best players, buy and loan in utter shite and then blabber on about " a must be a top six finish next season "
I'm applying for the Albion Chairmans job, this is a piece of piss girls and boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here