Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Gus got the sack, would you have him back?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
vote-yes-or-no.jpg

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Gus did neither himself nor the club any favours in his impatience to leave.

He was building something at the Albion, he was growing with the club, and would have established both himself and the club in the Premier League, before, inevitably, moving on to a new challenge.

He left long before he was ready to manage in the top-flight.

Perhaps, but thats a massive risk, a poor run and very soon the crowd would be berating him and he knew that, did he have the funds needed to embark on your mythical journey to certain PL status, cannot be sure but a shortcut to the PL is a very tempting lure.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
I think if he stayed at Sunderland they would go down. If he leaves then he'll avoid the relegation on the CV and Sunderland will likely stay up.

I think we're better off without him as we would only have to win a few games and he would get itchy feet.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I can't really see where Poyet would pitch up next if he gets sacked today as widely rumored- would he drop down to Leeds in the Championship, maybe if he could splash the cash but probably not given the off field shenanigans.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't really see where Poyet would pitch up next if he gets sacked today as widely rumored- would he drop down to Leeds in the Championship, maybe if he could splash the cash but probably not given the off field shenanigans.

Fulham, I guess - unless they go down.

Perfect fit. London based, rich owner, parachute payments.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No
I'm anything but a JCL and I would have him back if we had the vacancy.
But we don't have a vacancy, so presumably you wouldn't have him back if he got the sack.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can see him heading to Spain, He wont get another PL job, and he wont drop down to the Championship

My thoughts too. If he doesn't get a second PL club opportunity, to me that shows that his many weaknesses are clear for all PL club owners/chief execs to see. Poyet always gave the impression that he thought he was destined to manage top PL clubs one day, but that was only ever in his egotistical mind.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Nope. He bottled the palace game with his selection. We are paying the price of that even today.

Plus I have absolute faith in CH.
This - it's not so much the other stuff that rankles with me, most of which is just down to Poyet's personality - we weren't even close to winning that Palace match though, due to how we were set up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
My thoughts too. If he doesn't get a second PL club opportunity, to me that shows that his many weaknesses are clear for all PL club owners/chief execs to see. Poyet always gave the impression that he thought he was destined to manage top PL clubs one day, but that was only ever in his egotistical mind.

I always thought he was a Di Canio lite, he has proved me wrong as he is as much of a cock.

His approach will have a short term gain, and with (no offence) lesser players, but it wont work with top players

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This - it's not so much the other stuff that rankles with me, most of which is just down to Poyet's personality - we weren't even close to winning that Palace match though, due to how we were set up.

Agree. Plus Wurzel was very switched on and sent his team out hell bent on winning, whereas over-thinking and whinging Poyet sent out a light-weight team, lambs to the slaughter. The rest is history.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What a stupid scenario suggested . We should be more worried about a Sunderland approaching Hughton to become their manager. I doubt Hughton would leave anyhow but that is a bigger concern than Poyet coming back here

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
What a stupid scenario suggested . We should be more worried about a Sunderland approaching Hughton to become their manager. I doubt Hughton would leave anyhow but that is a bigger concern than Poyet coming back here

That would be the most out of character career move football has ever seen. Chris Hughton is going nowhere.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
That would be the most out of character career move football has ever seen. Chris Hughton is going nowhere.

Never say never but I actually think it would be an even bigger gamble for CH and for Sunderland than a loss for Brighton

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I agree....................His links with Newcastle he would be unwise to go to Sunderland which is why I suggested he wouldnt move there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here