Being asked for directions

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
"Doing anything tonight lads?"
"Nah..."
"Fancy doing the old water/van trick again?"

This exactly.

Similar thing happened to me when I was younger. Walking back from a mates house and there was this car zipping around with some tossers throwing slices of bread (BREAD!) out of the window. Next day in college a bloke I knew (ish) via one of my mates came up to me and said "Enjoy your sandwich last night?" Said to him "That was you? Why?" He looked blankly and just went "It's fun"

Honestly I hope he walked away with the burning look of my disdain charred into his heart.

What the actual f**k possesses people to do dumb stuff like that? Is there really, in this mad bonkers world we live in, with all it's distractions and noise and stuff, nothing better to do on a Friday night than to throw bread at someone you vaguely know?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
It's a runny yoghurt drink. I was standing outside what used to be a bar on Dyke Rd at the Dials (then it became a Small Batch, dunno what it is now) when a car full of Rugby looking types drove past and threw said YOP all over me as they whizzed past.

I was thinking something completely different but at the same time similar. Wouldn't put anything past rugger buggers

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I know I might get a few flames for this but sometimes I generally think we could do with a bit of human cleansing, or is that just genocide?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
An odd thing happened to me last night while walking home, and I guess I’m posting it up here as a warning to others.

It was about 23:45 and I was walking up London road just past the Carden Avenue junction, not many people about, when a van pulled up at the side of the road. There were 3 blokes in and 1 asked where Patcham was. So I walked over and started explaining and the guy said, “I’ve got a post code on my phone do you recognise it?”, when I walked up to the window he leaned out and threw water in my face, he absolutely doused me in water and then sped off. I wasn’t really sure what was happening at first, but when I saw the bottle for a split second I actually thought he was dousing me in lighter fluid. Thankfully it was just water, but it freaked me out.

Anyway, just letting everyone know these d***heads are out there and to be careful if some asks you directions late at night.

This is the way to deal with it.......:shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
An odd thing happened to me last night while walking home, and I guess I’m posting it up here as a warning to others.

It was about 23:45 and I was walking up London road just past the Carden Avenue junction, not many people about, when a van pulled up at the side of the road. There were 3 blokes in and 1 asked where Patcham was. So I walked over and started explaining and the guy said, “I’ve got a post code on my phone do you recognise it?”, when I walked up to the window he leaned out and threw water in my face, he absolutely doused me in water and then sped off. I wasn’t really sure what was happening at first, but when I saw the bottle for a split second I actually thought he was dousing me in lighter fluid. Thankfully it was just water, but it freaked me out.

Anyway, just letting everyone know these d***heads are out there and to be careful if some asks you directions late at night.

It'll no doubt surface on youtube - because the smart phones have fallen into the hands of the stupid people - at which point you'll be able to identify yourself on the vid and trace the d***heads easy enough.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I know I might get a few flames for this but sometimes I generally think we could do with a bit of human cleansing, or is that just genocide?

If it had been petrol or acid we are talking about something really serious.....But chucking water, hardly crime of the century........Everyone surely had water pistol as a kid . They were just big kids !!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If it had been petrol or acid we are talking about something really serious.....But chucking water, hardly crime of the century........Everyone surely had water pistol as a kid . They were just big kids !!!
These weren't kids playing in the sun though, they were 3 grown men in a van at night

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
A similar but more horrific thing happened to one of our fans at Hereford. Bloke went up to a Brighton car and indicated for the occupant to wind the wind down to talk to him - when the window was down the Hereford "fan" punched our buy in the mouth and knocked 4 teeth clean out. I saw our fan shortly after and have never seen such a mess.
Trust noone!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Reminds of the "happy slapping" craze.

Walking near Hove Magistrates Court years ago I passed a group of lads making remarks to me that they'd do that to me.

I just shrugged my shoulders and walked on.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017

I would definitely report it, if only for statistics. It was just water but you weren't to know that. If someone shoots a water pistol as a kid, then it is a joke. Grown men in a van late at night throwing a liquid is not a joke. Grown men behaving like big kids maybe, but frightening and not a laugh for their victim. You didn't know what the liquid was at first and acid attacks are on the rise. I wonder how these men would feel if they had a son or daughter who was treated like this late one night.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Happened to me one night youths water bombing people at random . They got me near to a major junction which halted there journey ,sadly for them there was a Skip by the side of the road in a Driveway . Hence to say a nice lump of rubble did for the back window an off i went down an alleyway . Have that :tosser:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was thinking something completely different but at the same time similar. Wouldn't put anything past rugger buggers

It was infuriating. It's a cowardly thing to do but I didn't think much of it when I'd cleaned up and ordered another beer but what happened to the OP, although it turned out to be water, has an air of the sinister about it and I don't mind admitting it would have shaken me up a bit. Time of night and on that road etc.
A silly prank it may have turned out to be but unnerving at the time I should think.

el punal

Some years ago I was walking home late at night down one of Sussex's country roads. A car pulled up with five lads in it. One of them asked, well demanded really, where the local village hall was. (Some band was playing a gig there). Anyway, I was getting a load of verbal abuse, so I decided to get my own back. I gave them directions to go down a winding country lane that then became a farm track ending in some boggy field.

Having a nice little gloat as they buggered off I then realised that they could also find out their mistake and come back for me. As it happens they didn't and hopefully they had a crap evening.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I hope they find it funny when they get arrested for assault.

It's not at all a prank. Given the natural insecurity of people's thoughts these days it could cause someone a great deal of distress.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I hope they find it funny when they get arrested for assault.

It's not at all a prank. Given the natural insecurity of people's thoughts these days it could cause someone a great deal of distress.

And it is assault. If someone walked up to you on a high street in broad daylight and threw water over you that is exactly what they would be arrested for.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here