Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League Stadiums - worst to best 2017/18

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Joke of a list.

How can St Mary's and the King Power can be placed so far apart... they're essentially the same stadium. The Olympic stadium in 4th too?

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
In fairness, you're right. No way you should be bottom all the while Bournemouth are in the top division. Your grotty slum should be second from bottom.

Selhurst is nicer than Vicarage Road as well, that's an absolute dump of a ground and with no atmosphere either.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ahh the old Anfield and St James park myth of being cauldrons of noise. Anyone that has been to either over the last decade will know this simply is not true.

Can't disagree. Apart from when they walked out for KO, the Kop were like a church praying for the following 90 minutes (when they spanked us). Truly awful atmosphere.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Can't disagree. Apart from when they walked out for KO, the Kop were like a church praying for the following 90 minutes (when they spanked us). Truly awful atmosphere.

Indeed and St james park last season was like a library too.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I tend to like grounds after a win and not after a loss.

I've not been to many on that list so can't really judge but I have yet to meet a supporter (West Ham or other) who has liked the Tax Payers Stadium since it was gifted to West Ham.

I can't say that I particularly care for cheese bars and one way glass to view players luzzing pizza boxes but acknowledge that I'm not going to be their target audience. For me it is about a decent view, no nazi stewards, easy transport links, good atmosphere, walking distance to pubs and a non threatening trip back to the car or train if possible.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Pains me to say it but although it's one of the worst grounds, essentially a caravan full of paedos, they do make some noise.

what their 5 songs that have no lyrics? WOOAAAHHH CLAP CLAP WHOOAAAHHH

Eurotrash rubbish!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
It's a lovely night to be on another teams board, very strange

No no no, he's told us before. Bored at work and just being a Palace geezer winding us up. NOTHING to do with being a sad lonely twatt with no mates and NOTHING to do with the fact that even the people on the Palace forums think he's an arsewipe as well.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well well well.
It just goes to prove it's not about cushioned seats and nice concourses.

Brighton :lol:
Exactly Nige.

The author of the piece is obviously a great advocate of football nostalgia. From the piss flooded toilets to the moronic Neanderthal fans it truly is a step back in time to when Britannia surely did rule the waves.....etc

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Ahh the old Anfield and St James park myth of being cauldrons of noise. Anyone that has been to either over the last decade will know this simply is not true.

I went up to St James earlier last season, and it was the worst ground for atmosphere I have ever been to. I heard NOTHING the entire game, absolutely nothing. I was very surprised indeed.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I went up to St James earlier last season, and it was the worst ground for atmosphere I have ever been to. I heard NOTHING the entire game, absolutely nothing. I was very surprised indeed.

Same. I really like Newcastle as a city, the stadium looks great, great views but the atmosphere was non-existent

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Selhurst is nicer than Vicarage Road as well, that's an absolute dump of a ground and with no atmosphere either.

Since the new stand at Vicarage Road was built I don't think there's any comparison. Pillar-free views, decent facilities, and easily as much atmosphere as Selhurst in my experience. I don't buy this idea that a few teenagers waving flags makes Selhurst the SE25 equivalent of the Nou Camp. It's certainly never been that when I've had the misfortune to visit.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Since the new stand at Vicarage Road was built I don't think there's any comparison. Pillar-free views, decent facilities, and easily as much atmosphere as Selhurst in my experience. I don't buy this idea that a few teenagers waving flags makes Selhurst the SE25 equivalent of the Nou Camp. It's certainly never been that when I've had the misfortune to visit.

Vicarage Road is like a library in comparison to Selhurst, which is regarded by many as one of the best stadiums for atmosphere in the country. Selhurst also has the Holmesdale stand which is vastly superior to anything Watford have in terms of stands.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Bet the guy never visited the Amex as his knowledge is limited and his high rating of Selhurst is purely down to the 'atmosphere' :facepalm:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Well well well.
It just goes to prove it's not about cushioned seats and nice concourses.

Brighton :lol:

Yeah you're right, I think it's all about:

1. number of cretins jumping about in black hoodies to some bloke banging a bongo
2. number of pillars blocking your view
3. location in a charmless sprawling backwater
4. architectural incoherence

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here