Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Good to see Middlesbrough preparing for life back in the Championship

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Have Middlesborough EVER played exciting football? I suppose they must have done at some stage in the past, but Karanka was unbelievably negative (despite having loads of strikers in his squads), and even now they've got rid of him they still can't score. They must be the dullest club imaginable - add to which, the town itself is SO depressing. How they attract decent players is beyond me.
Juninho Ravenelli era?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
No we haven't, we were exceptionally close last season and were in the playoffs a couple of times before that. We finished above 'brough most seasons, they only got in the playoffs once and were never as close to autos as us.

What I meant was , they lost in the play off final , kept their players , re-grouped and did better the next season. I did say 'sort of' followed their path for people like you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What I meant was , they lost in the play off final , kept their players , re-grouped and did better the next season.
Fair enough. Your post reminded me of a 'boro fan in peace' who posted here at the end of last season, saying he knew what it was like for us as they'd been there and we'd get there in time - general patronising BS from a club that had been behind us in all recent years but one.

I did say 'sort of' followed their path for people like you.
:flounce:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Loving the fact that the word ****ish is acceptable and doesn't upset our Google Ad masters, all the ****ish lot of them.
Another reason to enjoy this season-****ish is our word of the month.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
One of the things that really wound me up when Boro got promoted was this sense that due to the fact that it's such a working class, impoverished, down and out area, it would somehow mean more to them to get promoted than other clubs who have the temerity to be geographically based in slightly more affluent climes. Jonny Nicholson, a writer for F365 that I've never really liked, is a Boro fan and wrote some bollocks article to this effect after they'd gone up. The way I see it, every club is supported, to varying degrees, by a cross-section of society, and as much as there are the prawn sandwich brigade in hospitality, there are also always going to be those who struggle to make ends meet and devote a hefty proportion of their earnings to watching their team, home and away. Of course we've probably got a bigger middle class following than Boro, but the perception that Boro fans have a greater understanding of hardship is wide of the mark. If they're that bothered about their club being down to earth and representing the community, then why are they ok with Negredo being paid £100k a week to do sod all?

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
All clubs have their cuntishness element. Let's put in a good word for all the nice 'boro fans in the Sherlock pub who looked after our luggage during the game and bought us a beer post match.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I am still waiting for any of the 'Bora fan in peace' posters to appear on this thread. It would be interesting read there views now.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
One of the things that really wound me up when Boro got promoted was this sense that due to the fact that it's such a working class, impoverished, down and out area, it would somehow mean more to them to get promoted than other clubs who have the temerity to be geographically based in slightly more affluent climes. Jonny Nicholson, a writer for F365 that I've never really liked, is a Boro fan and wrote some bollocks article to this effect after they'd gone up. The way I see it, every club is supported, to varying degrees, by a cross-section of society, and as much as there are the prawn sandwich brigade in hospitality, there are also always going to be those who struggle to make ends meet and devote a hefty proportion of their earnings to watching their team, home and away. Of course we've probably got a bigger middle class following than Boro, but the perception that Boro fans have a greater understanding of hardship is wide of the mark. If they're that bothered about their club being down to earth and representing the community, then why are they ok with Negredo being paid £100k a week to do sod all?

Yep, nothing worse than a Northern pity party. My Dad is poorer than your Dad. Just STFU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here