Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's a great save, when you see it from that angle.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have we ever had a keeper that's saved three consecutive penalties, or even three in a season before?

We have. My great great Uncle, Harry Baldwin. It's still the football league record, I believe. 5 straight saved, and 7 altogether (of 9 faced) in season 1947/8

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
For those slagging Norwood off on the thread, there were a number on here (definitely not including me) who said Stockdale should be dropped back in October/November. It was complete rubbish at the time and has now been proven so. Our best player for the last two or three months and has won us numerous points, including one today. What a keeper. We must sign him up past this season as soon as possible.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's an amazing keeper and an even better bloke. Passion, emotion and commitment - top, TOP fella (c/o Harry Redknapp).

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Quite right Hans, Harry was known as the penalty king.
I am probably one of the few remaining fans who can say "I saw him play".

Nice. I doubt there are very many!

Shame there is no film footage of him playing (as far as I know). Would love to have seen a couple of his saves :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cracking save from Der-der-der-der, but what's up with Duffy? That was a positively tame barge. Not up to usual standards.

Be fair, he does try to strangle Stocko.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
His post match interview.....

I LOVE YOU DAVID

Me too. Just heard the interview and my opinion of him as a bloke – as well as a goalkeeper – has gone up a few notches.

He's a credit to the club. My player of the season last year and I don't really see any reason for that to change this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here