tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Didn't know utd have been in admin three times

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Had a few beers so cant work how to post the 1989 headline LIVERPOOL 9 Scum 0 .if some one is able thank you its a good read
Team of the
80's :D:D:D:D:wanker::wanker:

Last edited:

Can someone refresh my memory - I recall a front cover of the late, lamented "Gulls Eye" that had "The team of the 8 - 0's" thereon, who was it inflicted this defeat on our friends in Croydon?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's these sort of delusional claims that make them the joke they are. A hint of success and they're getting carried away with themselves.

A hint of success? I thought they were the worst performing team of 2016 in the entire football league.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Personally would not ever take pride from being known as the 'Manchester United' of anything. It's one thing to be delusional but this is just sad.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Crystal Palace can be the Manchester United of the south, according to former chairman Simon Jordan

Simon Jordan says there is no ill feeling towards Crystal Palace, despite ploughing millions of pounds of his own money into the club.

Jordan was Crystal Palace owner and chairman for ten years taking them out of administration in 2000 and on a rollercoaster journey before then falling back into administration again in 2010.

But there are no hard feelings from the former owner, and on the contrary, the boyhood Palace fan only wants to see the club be successful.

View attachment 80595

Speaking to Sky Sports show Premier League World, Jordan said: "When I bump into Crystal Palace fans it's always with the greatest warmth and a touch of sadness and the touch of sadness is reciprocated.

"Crystal Palace is a team I was the owner of for ten years, that my dad played for and supported for 47 years. I want them to be successful and I think Palace has another opportunity again, like it did at the end of the 1970s and going into the 80s, when it was a club that was perceived as the Manchester United of the south and I think it has that opportunity again.

"And I wish the fans all the success that goes with that."

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...simon-jordan/story-30018666-detail/story.html

I did have to check the dates bearing in mind where they are in the Prem ?????????

:lolol:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
A hint of success? I thought they were the worst performing team of 2016 in the entire football league.

Got to a cup final, din't get relegated last season ( not for want of trying though). They've had two season at the top table and now think they're a big club.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Got to a cup final, din't get relegated last season ( not for want of trying though). They've had two season at the top table and now think they're a big club.

Bigger than you .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What's been stopping them then over the past century?

Ow yer, it's because they're a bit s hit! Apart from that, loads in common including they're both football clubs and er, um...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Crystal Palace can be the Manchester United of the south, according to former chairman Simon Jordan

Simon Jordan says there is no ill feeling towards Crystal Palace, despite ploughing millions of pounds of his own money into the club.

Jordan was Crystal Palace owner and chairman for ten years taking them out of administration in 2000 and on a rollercoaster journey before then falling back into administration again in 2010.

But there are no hard feelings from the former owner, and on the contrary, the boyhood Palace fan only wants to see the club be successful.

View attachment 80595

Speaking to Sky Sports show Premier League World, Jordan said: "When I bump into Crystal Palace fans it's always with the greatest warmth and a touch of sadness and the touch of sadness is reciprocated.

"Crystal Palace is a team I was the owner of for ten years, that my dad played for and supported for 47 years. I want them to be successful and I think Palace has another opportunity again, like it did at the end of the 1970s and going into the 80s, when it was a club that was perceived as the Manchester United of the south and I think it has that opportunity again.

"And I wish the fans all the success that goes with that."

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...simon-jordan/story-30018666-detail/story.html

I did have to check the dates bearing in mind where they are in the Prem ?????????

Hilarious c**t. Must have been a good mushroom season. Man U FFS. :wanker::wanker:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Hilarious c**t. Must have been a good mushroom season. Man U FFS. :wanker::wanker:

With chairmen like Jordan and Parish you can understand why their fans are deluded tw*ts.
One lost all his money trying to make them Man U of the south and the other sold their sole to the Yanks. Now they are Yankee Doodle Dandies and Proud.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Took nearly 4 pages for a Nigel to reply. Must have been squirming badly.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Palace has another opportunity again, like it did at the end of the 1970s and going into the 80s, when it was a club that was perceived as the Manchester United of the south and I think it has that opportunity again.

When did anyone think this and who?

Is this one of those times when you appear sincere and wear a sharp suite people believe you, even if the facts do not back it up!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dear oh dear. They really are a complete joke of a club aren't they.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here