Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammy Lee - joining Southampton FC (NOT assistant manager at the Albion)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
By whom? If the rumour's true, my money's on Sammy having done the dirty big time on us. You disagree?

well who knows
but I have the feeling you are right
but who has allowed the story to get this far

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Reading sami's interview in the argus about having spammy and Antti on board would suggest its a done deal with us. If they decide to go elsewhere I can't see our Sami being too impressed.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I know the s*n is the shittest paper going aimed at the very bottom end of society, but I don't get the headline! Sammy Jolter? I guess it's a pretty poor play on words, but which ones?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Sammy Lee - New Assistant Manager / UPDATE: or is he?

It would make my day if Sammy Lee went elsewhere. Fat little ****.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As I understand it the approach is/was from les Read as he knows him from the England set up .

So possibly a job under him:

On 16 April 2010 Reed was appointed Head of Football Development and Support at Southampton, overseeing four main areas: the Youth Academy, Scouting and Recruitment, Sports medicine and Science, and Kit and Equipment Management.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm with [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] on this. I can't imagine the club putting the announcement into print unless the appointment had formally been agreed.

If, however, SL is going to renege on the job it is far more likely that he'll end up with a job in Saints' academy (as per the suggestion above), as wasn't that the job he was previously doing at Bolton?

All in all, it makes him look like a bit of a **** if he accepts a job, only to immediately walk at the look of a better offer. If true, we don't want people like that anywhere near our club.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Maybe he is going to manage the Southampton Acadamy, one of the best rated in England, rather than be assistant manager to Koeman.
That his job at Bolton I think

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Or him and Saints, Mark, depending on whether or not Sammy accepted the job with us as the club say he did...

will be interesting if pen was ever put to paper
wonder if the club will make a statement

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
As I understand it the approach is/was from les Read as he knows him from the England set up .

That's a very specific "understanding"! Is your sauce at BHA, Saints or linked to Sammy?

EDIT: much more likely to be Saints or Sammy on reflection - how would BHA know where the approach came from?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
will be interesting if pen was ever put to paper
wonder if the club will make a statement

Contractually, it would make it very interesting. Pragmatically, I can't see us going after him legally though - it would just look spiteful. Also, what real damages would we be able to claim?

A club statement is a definite imo, if the rumour is true. The interesting thing is how pointed what they say is...

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I emailed Paul Barber on a separate note on the day Sammy Lee was announced and added in my email thought was a good appointment ,he replied with this after his announcement.

Like our new manager, I have also worked with Sammy Lee previously (when we both worked with The FA’s various England teams) and, from my experience, he is a great addition to our senior coaches. Similarly, Antti Niemi is a vastly experienced coach at international level so, again, I think we have added another great operatorto our team.

Regards, Paul

Paul Barber
Chief Executive

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club
American Express Community Stadium, Village Way, Brighton BN1 9BL

Twitter - @officialbhafc
Facebook - Officialbhafc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here