Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did you meet your other half ?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
The Rumble Club in Tunbridge Wells in 1990. I think International Resque were headlining that evening. As it happened, we attended the same university, so we met up again there when my best friend came to stay with me and he was going out with my wife's best friend who was staying with her. On both occasions, my now-wife was going out with somebody else at the time. But not for much longer...:thumbsup:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
2vlof2d.jpg

Superb work :lolol:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I met mine in the Birds Nest in Brighton. This was near Saint Peters Church and I think it may now be called the North Laines Tavern .Please correct me. It was a very popular disco in the 70s. Each table had a telephone and you could dial other table and also order your drinks. Mind you the phones only worked half the time. Happy days.

Presumably the same place but when it was The Gloucester, back in 1990. Been married 19 years 11 months and 28 days. Celebrating our 20th in Vegas!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
At Varndean in 1986ish....went our separate ways after school / college, but bumped into each other one night outside the clubs in West St. in 1997. Now been married almost 15 years.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
At a Worthing nursing home where she worked 28 years ago. Never actually spoke to her but had popped in to say hello to my sister who was the cook there. A couple of weeks later we went on a blind date of sorts and on Friday in the city of Verona we will be celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary. She was already a Brighton fan. Been lucky.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
At work. She was walking downstairs in a short skirt, I was walking upstairs.......say no more shall we?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Teacher Training College. West London Institute of Higher Education, Brunel University, 1991. Both still teaching...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here