Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "Crawley's a shithole I want to go home"

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My sister lives in Crawley. Twice she has had armed men arrested in her back garden whilst they've been evading the police. So yes Crawley is a shithole

Lived here all my life, never had armed men arrested in my garden.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I used to work there for a while, in the year I was there the manager of the local McDonald's was held up at knife point, a bloke had his throat cut and died outside a kebab shop, there were regular fights between groups of white and Asian youths and the car park at the cinema looked like Kristallnacht on a Monday morning from all the car windows that were smashed in order to nick the car stereo's , and yes, it happened to me too. Can't disagree with the Pompey view.

So your view of your 'while' there was of one specific area? Ever wander out to Pound Hill or Furnace Green? Totally polarised.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Lived here all my life, never had armed men arrested in my garden.

Lived there for four years, Gossops Green and Pound Hill, loved it. Most of these idiots posting have never spent more than 5 minutes there and have no idea about the areas that have no problems. They also live with rose tinted glasses about 'beautiful Brighton' that have no shit hole areas whatsoever. Yet another totally ridiculous thread for people to bash where other people live. They have a brain cell between them.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
My sister lives in Crawley. Twice she has had armed men arrested in her back garden whilst they've been evading the police. So yes Crawley is a shithole

No armed robber has ever been arrested in any other town, or was is because it happened in the garden of someone you know that all of a sudden it’s a shithole ?
I once witnessed an armed robbery in Brighton, does that make it a shithole......or would I need to know the victim personally, before being able to pass judgment ?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
A large new town development town without much character [IMO] however it does have very low unemployment; plentiful supply of housing at an affordable price; plenty of open spaces and leisure facilities, no homeless kipping in every doorway, there are a large amount of shops, easy transport links via road and rail [and of course Air!]

Its no Brighton- and I personally wouldn't choose to move there, but is it that bad?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Been to Fratton Park a couple of times when The Albion have played Pompey... I have never seen so much dog's mess in the streets. It's like a dirty slalom walking through there.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Been to Fratton Park a couple of times when The Albion have played Pompey... I have never seen so much dog's mess in the streets. It's like a dirty slalom walking through there.

Are you sure it was "Dog's mess"?:rolleyes:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I hate this song. Its a free country so off you pop if you dont like it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Worth Pound Hill and Old Ifield OK, the rest really is really rather dull....

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Tilgate Park is super - the housing area around it is not.

The big football is a great landmark - could we get one for the Amex (but blue, like...)?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I go there semi-regularly, but only really for the cinema, and the odd bar or two if we fancy a drink.

Crawley, that is. Cant be arsed with Pompey, it's a shithole.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A large new town development town without much character [IMO] however it does have very low unemployment; plentiful supply of housing at an affordable price; plenty of open spaces and leisure facilities, no homeless kipping in every doorway, there are a large amount of shops, easy transport links via road and rail [and of course Air!]

Its no Brighton- and I personally wouldn't choose to move there, but is it that bad?

It does have it's horribly dreary areas, the town centre needs a total makeover. But to base it on that alone from some on here is totally ridiculous.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Remember getting stones thrown at us while walking up those metal steps to get into the back of the Away end at Fratton Park - not even Pompey fans, just local kids. Classy.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Tilgate Park is super - the housing area around it is not.

The big football is a great landmark - could we get one for the Amex (but blue, like...)?

The housing is no worse than certain areas of Brighton to be honest, council estates are generally pretty crap whatever the town !

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I live right next to Tilgate Park, 5 min walk and I'm in there with the kids. yes the housing isn't great as there is still quite a bit of Council housing/Flats but these are gradually dying out. I've got Council either side of me but they will be sold off eventually.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
For me, Crawley has never fitted well into Sussex. It would be much better if they could move into into Surrey. It's a bit of a blight on our wonderful county.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
For me, Crawley has never fitted well into Sussex. It would be much better if they could move into into Surrey. It's a bit of a blight on our wonderful county.

Yes please!

The income generated by Crawley Borough which includes Gatwick Airport would be a very welcome contribution to the Surrey coffers.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
View attachment 101188

F7A85CE7-5786-4186-9C66-719461F1331A.jpeg

I wondered what happened to Tiny Tim

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills