Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Loving our fitness levels, and general attitude, in that second half. Have to psychologically find a way to be that in the first half too, rather than so reserved.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Our results:

Watford (a) lost - now 4th
Manu U (h) beat - now 6th
Liverpool (a) lost - now 1st
Fulham (h) drew - now 15th - ONE RESULT THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER
Southampton (a) drew - now 13th - IT WAS AWAY SO OK
Spurs (h) lost - now - 5th

So we've played 4 of the top 6 and still have 5 pts - after Man City next week then only Chelsea and Arsenal remain in next 13 games.

Our position is still fine but after Man city we need to take our chances!

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
second half improvement and we were unlucky not to be 1-1 but there was always that feeling that teams like Spurs , City , Pool will pick you off on the break as happened with the 2nd goal. Great spirit again from the team and great goal for Knocky just a shame he could not do it with the other chances he had. I think we missed Stephens after going off which took far to long to adjust to his absence.
Overall given the opposition the scoreline is not a total disappointment though feel we missed the chance for a 3rd successive 2 goal comeback ... now that would have been a dream

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Fair result but how the hell did Rose get man of the match? That was AK from the start to the last minute.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No. But some people seem to think we deserved more. ...yes, we picked up second half but could easily have shipped another 2 or 3 but for good keeping/poor finishing.

Going to be the same every time we play a top six team I imagine. We may sneak a point here and there with a big slice of luck but we are going to be on the back foot most of the time against these teams.

If we had gone toe to toe from the kick off I think we’d have lost by a hatful

All about expectations I guess, we were dull in the first half but it took a penalty to break us down. I enjoyed the second half and we could have got a point. I didn’t really expect a lot more and our goal difference and confidence hasn’t taken a hammering.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
For all those "Why can't we play like this from the start of the game?"

That's why.
Well said. Spurs clearly had better players all over the pitch.

Our tactics and performance were both very good. On another day we could have nicked an against the odds point.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Gosh some folk have their grumpy trousers on looking for scapegoats.

But for an iffy peno we made Spurs look pretty ordinary.

If spurs are ordinary I’m not sure what we are. They dominated other than for about five minutes. We just let them get on with it with no pressure at all. Poor performance and set up today.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
We pushed them so close at the end. Ryan, Duffy, Dunk and Knockaert were class. March ran himself ragged. AJ, Andone, Bernardo and Montoya still need to be properly integrated into the team. We’ve got Balogan and Izquierdo is on the way back. Locadia and Bissouma will improve and there will definitely be three teams that will finish below us come next May. With Stephens injury and Propper not at his best there is a concern about central midfield, but I’m confident CH will sort this. I shall wake up in a dry bed tomorrow morning.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think it's worth having a little perspective to be honest.

First Spurs are a very good quality side. We lost 2-1, and we are disappointed. We lost a key player very early on to injury. We conceded what was an annoying penalty to concede. We wasted at least one chance which should really have been put away.

All things considered, under the circumstances, we didn't have a nightmare of a game at all. Circumstances conspired against us, we came close to getting a decent result. There are positives to be taken from the match and going down 2-1 to Spurs is nothing to be ashamed of. Had we had good fortune instead of what was some bad fortune it could have been quite different. That's football.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Today's game was always going to be tough one against a team in the top 4 last two seasons. What made it even tougher was the fact that they were desperate for a win after a run of poor results. Thought we did ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here