Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace tell players to pay up to keep playing

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It’s very odd as women’s team costs are excluded from FFP so that can’t be a reason behind the decision.

The owners are worth $5 billion so presumably they could afford to do it out of being public spirited and inclusive.

78F5AE41-EAD8-471B-9192-0A1F405F8FB8.jpeg

Steve Parish charged the club £2.15 million for his services as CEO so he could afford it from his spare change.

62FF63CE-DA54-4FE6-9D4C-2F5282647B45.jpeg

Steve Parish charged the club £234,000 in rent for offices in Soho from his private company Smoke & Mirror Group so surprised they’ve not sponsored the team.

C5FA5858-5BF8-4103-98CA-FC72B84F8410.jpeg

One of Steve Parish’s other companies has charged the club £117,000 in rent and owns properties worth £20 million so presumably they could have sponsored the women’s team?

98E1F3DD-FA7A-4D6E-B681-1800A67536A2.jpeg

There’s no gloating about this, it just seems very strange behaviour by the club owners.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
The key point is CPFC don’t own CPLFC. It’s a simple fact that seems to have been missed by those delighting in this non story.

Personally I’d love NSC to sponsor one of the reserve players in any of the CPLFC teams. It would be both welcome and, dare I say it, Id personally find it bloody funny, heck I’d even publicly thank each and every one of you that did.

It would be the same as a palace fan helping to sponsor a Brighton game when they needed it.

Imagine that. :)

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
It's a non story, whether you lot wish to believe it or not. As for all the other bollocks, we will see.
As for the other teams jibe, I suppose you mean youth and development sides. When you produce players like Wan Bissaka then please feel free to talk, until then it's all pie in the sky.

No jibe, just the truth! The "non story" you describe does provide an ideal opportunity for banter! That is, presumably, why you post here - surely not to emphasize your clubs esteem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The key point is CPFC don’t own CPLFC.

Why are they called crystal palace Ladies.
Why do the wear crystal palace kit.

If it walks like a duck.
Swims like a duck
&
Quacks like a duck...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Talking out of your arse again, there's a surprise. They are independent of the men's team, most teams players in their league have to find their own sponsors to pay their way. Anyone has to pay their subs in amateur sports.
I realise that the money is a drop in the ocean compared to the money that is generated. I would much rather see the club support kids football or even something like the REMF, if the women fancy playing football then let them pay for it, the same way that the vast majority of adults have to pay for themselves when they are playing sport. It's hardly a vast amount as you say, I pay far more than that in course membership each year.
As for people spouting on about equality, who can they complain about? Considering they have no legal connection to CPFC.

I think, as has been proved on this thread, there's only one person on here flexing their verbal buttocks. [edit - 2 now]. A Premier League club should be MORE than capable of funding an affiliated woman's team, yet CPFC2010 have seen fit to pull the rug out from under them and tell their players that if they want to represent Crystal Palace FC on the pitch, they'll have to go cap in hand, door to door and sort themselves out.

You've repeatedly called it a "non-story". What you actually mean is "Its something that I don't give a shit about". Which is fine, that's your right, if you're not interested. But its certainly NOT a non-story for the women who are affected by it, and once again, it reflects very poorly on your grubby club, who clearly also couldn't give a monkeys toss about the women's team either. Its absolutely consistent with how CPFC run themselves though, I don't think anyone is surprised. Its just what you do.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The key point is CPFC don’t own CPLFC. It’s a simple fact that seems to have been missed by those delighting in this non story.

CPFC2010 have washed their hands of a women's team who are supposed to be a part of Crystal Palace Football CLUB. They probably thought they were part of the football club, till this snide little episode got dropped on them. Do you actually need the definition of a club spelt out to you ?

Defending the indefensible comes so naturally to the Goonsquad, I'm not even sure they actually know they're doing it any more.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It beggars belief that a premier league football club with annual income of over 100m is making it's women's team pay to play.

Are the club really in such financial trouble that they need every penny they can get to keep Zaha? Or are they just a bunch of classless muppets?

Where are all the Palace NSC posters at times like this?
Keeping their heads down in shame?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Laughable. How can CPFC pull the rug from under a team they down own? :D

Your ignorance is proper gushing on this subject.

I’m really enjoying your posts on this one.
I don't get this. Are you saying that the women's team wouldnt accept being financed by the club

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
CPFC2010 have washed their hands of a women's team who are supposed to be a part of Crystal Palace Football CLUB. They probably thought they were part of the football club, till this snide little episode got dropped on them. Do you actually need the definition of a club spelt out to you ?

Defending the indefensible comes so naturally to the Goonsquad, I'm not even sure they actually know they're doing it any more.

Actually I should have just used this post to point out you really don’t have a clue about how women’s football operates and how it’s funded and let you carry on making yourself look as uninformed as you clearly are.

There’s no point arguing with someone so vociferous on a subject they don’t actually understand beyond a quick google.

Have a great night, I’ll leave this thread to those who want to argue utter bollocks between each other simply because of club rivalry.

Let me know which player your sponsoring, I’d appreciate that.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think, as has been proved on this thread, there's only one person on here flexing their verbal buttocks. [edit - 2 now]. A Premier League club should be MORE than capable of funding an affiliated woman's team, yet CPFC2010 have seen fit to pull the rug out from under them and tell their players that if they want to represent Crystal Palace FC on the pitch, they'll have to go cap in hand, door to door and sort themselves out.

You've repeatedly called it a "non-story". What you actually mean is "Its something that I don't give a shit about". Which is fine, that's your right, if you're not interested. But its certainly NOT a non-story for the women who are affected by it, and once again, it reflects very poorly on your grubby club, who clearly also couldn't give a monkeys toss about the women's team either. Its absolutely consistent with how CPFC run themselves though, I don't think anyone is surprised. Its just what you do.

That club spends plenty on the cheerleaders I suspect:)

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Actually I should have just used this post to point out you really don’t have a clue about how women’s football operates and how it’s funded and let you carry on making yourself look as uninformed as you clearly are.

There’s no point arguing with someone so vociferous on a subject they don’t actually understand beyond a quick google.

Have a great night, I’ll leave this thread to those who want to argue utter bollocks between each other simply because of club rivalry.

Let me know which player your sponsoring, I’d appreciate that.
we finance our women team. BHAFC that is

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Most clubs do raise their own sponsorship. But they don't insist that their own players should be responsible for doing it - at least not at this level of professionalism. They employ professional marketing and sponsorship people to do it for them.

Just because 'the vast majority couldn't care less about the women's game' doesn't follow it shouldn't exist, nor should professional clubs not support it. You seem to think the women's football and grassroots football are different things, which of course is twaddle - so yes, I am more than happy to tell you you are wrong. Again.

Meanwhile, football is indeed a spectator sport. So within many progressive clubs who do have the vision to properly support women's football, they are often the second-most watched team within that club. That's certainly the case here.

Once again. I believe that premier league clubs should do more for all grass roots football, not just women's football.
Earlier you tried to say that CPFC and CPFCL are legally connected, they are not. There is no equality issue here in fact there is no issue with any of them being sponsored as most of them already have been. I believe the term you used was airhead, when you were wrong. As I said this is a non story that has been made an issue out of and you lot have pounced on it, I'm yet to see this fundraising though.
Anyway it's nice to see you and Easy10 are proved to be totally wrong again, but do carry on.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I would love to know how many of you lot actually go and watch women's football? As that's what the women's game really needs.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

Personally I don't give a shit if I'm perfectly honest, it's amateur football in all honesty. I was just pointing out that you were wrong, but now you and the other genius will argue it from another direction. I think premier league clubs should do a whole lot more for grassroots football in general, but they don't.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The Palace ladies manager has tweeted it’s just a standard player sponsorship they do every season like all clubs, an opportunity for players to put themselves out there to local companies or potential sponsors.
A non story blown up out of all proportion by our south coast chums ( surprise surprise)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here