Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] contract extension for Gross

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
His dad will be getting pissed up in the swan again then

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Not only very well deserved, but great work by the club to keep hold of such a key player.
Bargain of the century.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If he's still with BHA in June 2019 I'll be amazed.

Why? He's on a long contract and probably earning some decent wedge. He's not good enough for the top 6 so if someone wants him, they're going to have to go large on the transfer fee and up his wages. That's all a bit of a risk.

He on the other hand is guaranteed a place in the starting line-up,.is playing in a top class stadium, under a sympathetic manager, and is living in one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. Where could he go that's better and start regularly?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
As close as anyone's been to replicating Vicente's first touch. Also has 50% of the maestros ball-shielding ability (high praise indeed). Marvellous footballer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why? He's on a long contract and probably earning some decent wedge. He's not good enough for the top 6 so if someone wants him, they're going to have to go large on the transfer fee and up his wages. That's all a bit of a risk.

He on the other hand is guaranteed a place in the starting line-up,.is playing in a top class stadium, under a sympathetic manager, and is living in one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. Where could he go that's better and start regularly?

This.

Oh, and...

That.

FFS! :bowdown:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
He's not good enough for the top 6
disagree, but i agree with your point in that we SHOULD be able to show a bit more negotiating power (i.e telling the big clubs to do one) when we receive enquiries due to the fact he is very well rooted and happy here now and would cost too much

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Really? The big 6 are packed with internationals - Gross is not even remotely near international selection. I agree that he could be a fourth choic squad member - but look at how unhappy Drinkwater is with that role at Chelsea. IMO, Gross would rather have regular football, with is why I specified "regularly" when considering other clubs.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Excellent news. 4 years instead of the old 3 remaining and I'm sure the pay rise will have been deserved.

I don't think his play style suits a top 6 club. The only dangers from him being tempted away would surely be the likes of Burnley, Everton, Leicester. Keep him happy and can't see him pushing for a move if one did come in for him.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Excellent news. 4 years instead of the old 3 remaining and I'm sure the pay rise will have been deserved.

I don't think his play style suits a top 6 club. The only dangers from him being tempted away would surely be the likes of Burnley, Everton, Leicester. Keep him happy and can't see him pushing for a move if one did come in for him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Burnley :lol:

Zero chance of that unless we get relegated of course

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really? The big 6 are packed with internationals - Gross is not even remotely near international selection. I agree that he could be a fourth choic squad member - but look at how unhappy Drinkwater is with that role at Chelsea. IMO, Gross would rather have regular football, with is why I specified "regularly" when considering other clubs.

Not sure how you know he is 'not even remotely near international selection', certainly been talked about in Germany, mind you, if Leroy Sane can't get in then you can see the quality they must have. I suspect if Ozil wasn't available, Gross would be on the radar.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not sure how you know he is 'not even remotely near international selection'

Because they've had a run of friendlies leading up to the WC and he hasn't made it in any of the squads - if he was a possible, he'd have been looked at.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Because they've had a run of friendlies leading up to the WC and he hasn't made it in any of the squads - if he was a possible, he'd have been looked at.

I don't dispute that, but not being remotely near is not the same as not making a squad, otherwise you would say Lewis Dunk is not remotely near the England squad, whereas he probably is in Southgate's mind and consideration, just not making the actual squads yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here