Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Flex Your Head

Hard not to be a tad disappointed with what we've had so far (Beckenham, Kent at least) when all the models were largely in agreement and the synoptics looked so promising just a few days ago. Had this been mid-Jan we'd have had a better chance to get something memorable, but the sun is just that bit too strong this late in the winter, and we've had snow showers rather than sustained snow.

Even so, it has been very cold, even in central London. I work close to the Barbican Centre in central London and nipped over for a quick gawp at lunchtime (such beauty!) and was amazed at how bitterly cold it was, so much so that the lake there had frozen over. A short while later we had a whiteout (nothing to do with what some folk grow in their attics!) for about 10 minutes, and the snow readily settled and started to accumulate, even over well trodden pavements. A few hours of that type of flumping overnight and we'd have been talking about this late winter bonus for years to come.

*sigh*

Barbican Ice.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The 2 streams are partly combining near Lewes. I'd expect snow here soon.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is Crawley in for a dump later papa?

I don't think anyone down here (unless showers form along the coastal strip) is going to get a dump tonight. The main area of showers out there at the moment seem to be passing to the south of Crawley for now.

Although the 2nd lot seems to be taking a more northerly path... perhaps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here