Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News -SING LI CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Sad times.....food standards finally caught up with Sing Li? Despite the poor levels of hygiene behind the counter the chips and battered sausage are to die for

Agree. Well I wasn't panicking about the new season, because the Sing Li has always been there to provides sustenance and soak up the booze before going home, but now.......

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I do hope this isn't the end for Sing Li. It means we'd have lost another legendary character from the Queens Road area. I miss the days when there was the shop with hundreds of little rooms stuffed with books piled on the floor and the proprietor always smoking and doing his crossword, and just along from him at the top of Church Street was D.K. Rosen with his dead man's clothes boutique.

el punal

I do hope this isn't the end for Sing Li. It means we'd have lost another legendary character from the Queens Road area. I miss the days when there was the shop with hundreds of little rooms stuffed with books piled on the floor and the proprietor always smoking and doing his crossword, and just along from him at the top of Church Street was D.K. Rosen with his dead man's clothes boutique.

Back in the 1960s wasn't there a shop in Queens Road called Brighton Surgical Appliances. It was full of nasty, but necessary, medical items and equipment that looked like it was from a set of a horror film. I always remember crossing the road every time I was about to pass it. :eek:

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
And Rockos probably my favourite ever shop when I was a kid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Openwrapped?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Back in the 1960s wasn't there a shop in Queens Road called Brighton Surgical Appliances. It was full of nasty, but necessary, medical items and equipment that looked like it was from a set of a horror film. I always remember crossing the road every time I was about to pass it. :eek:

Before my time I'm afraid. I think I remember a mysterious shop in the North Laine in the early 90s, near the chippy on Gloucester Road, that sold rosaries, crucifixes and other paraphernalia for the discerning left-footer. Anyone else recall it or has my brain addled with age?

A few other curios: There was a shop at the bottom of Trafalgar Street, now a record shop, in a permanent state of dereliction with a beardy chap beavering away on various electrical things but never seemingly selling anything. I've been equally perplexed for years about the shop next to the Hobgoblin pub opposite St Peters. Is it an art shop or designer of fancy leather designs or what?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
First the New Lotus in Dyke Road and now this. Is every takeaway on my way home from the station doomed?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

And the glass animal man, of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here