Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is good enough for the Albion's Premier League squad?

Who is good enough for the Albion's Premier League squad

• Mathew Ryan

Votes: 280 87.2%
  • Niki Mäenpää

Votes: 182 56.7%
  • Bruno

Votes: 254 79.1%
  • Gaëtan Bong

Votes: 130 40.5%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 264 82.2%
  • Uwe Hünemeier

Votes: 238 74.1%
  • Lewis Dunk

Votes: 315 98.1%
  • Shane Duffy

Votes: 308 96.0%
  • Connor Goldson

Votes: 159 49.5%
  • Dale Stephens

Votes: 311 96.9%
  • Beram Kayal

Votes: 276 86.0%
  • Steve Sidwell

Votes: 239 74.5%
  • Oliver Norwood

Votes: 39 12.1%
  • Pascal Groß

Votes: 287 89.4%
  • Rohan Ince

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Jamie Murphy

Votes: 139 43.3%
  • Solly March

Votes: 299 93.1%
  • Jiří Skalák

Votes: 85 26.5%
  • Kazenga LuaLua

Votes: 23 7.2%
  • Anthony Knockaert

Votes: 315 98.1%
  • Sam Baldock

Votes: 238 74.1%
  • Tomer Hemed

Votes: 211 65.7%
  • Glenn Murray

Votes: 297 92.5%
  • Richie Towell

Votes: 25 7.8%

• Total voters

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Whoever excluded Bruno: be aware I will track you down.

I did. Based on his performances against our two Premier League rivals last season (Newcastle Home & Huddersfield Away), managers of the calibre of Wagner & Benitez work him out, neutralise him and we end up losing. His positional sense will come under scrutiny and he no longer has the engine or pace to get him out of trouble.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I only had 10, so i went back and added players like Bruno and Murray etc, who while being fine ability wise, you wouldnt say no to someone with similar ability and TEN years younger, still only got to 14 though.

Interesting for me though, if we take a percentage of 85%, which i think is fair then we do definitely need some signings as this is our team at the moment.

Gk Ryan
Rb
Lb
Cb Dunk
Cb Duffy
Cm Stephens
Cm Kayal
Lm March
Rm Knockaert
Acm Gross
St Murray

If we then drop to 75% for players good enough for the bench and back up. We can include the following

Bruno, Rosenior, Sidwell and Baldock

Maybe my percentages are a bit high but our squad is looking a little thin on quality.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Reckon 7 are good enough and most are defenders...
None of our strikers will be good enough sadly and only knocky,March and Stephens will do well up the other end of the field :)

But most deserve a chance apart from skalak and Norwood as they're complete shite :)

Goner be a long long season as expected and with our front 3 I don't see many goals....Christ it's weird to think we've still got only 3 strikers just like last season as we need a good five lol

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I'm curious as to who the 3 are (so far) who don't think Knockaert is good enough for the Albions Premier League Squad and the 5 who don't rate Dunk are.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Reckon 7 are good enough and most are defenders...
None of our strikers will be good enough sadly and only knocky,March and Stephens will do well up the other end of the field :)

But most deserve a chance apart from skalak and Norwood as they're complete shite :)

Goner be a long long season as expected and with our front 3 I don't see many goals....Christ it's weird to think we've still got only 3 strikers just like last season as we need a good five lol

Agree with most of this especially the strikers, perhaps Murray will be ok off the bench but that's about it

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wait to nearer the date for a poll of who will start v Manchester City.

7 players registered under 50%.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I :mad:voted for them all.Until we have seen who and how Chris plays them,nobody knows.They must be good enough for him cos they're still at the club.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
8 players, which suggests I might need to increase my choice in the 'how many new players do we need to have a fighting chance to stay up' thread to more than 5 :facepalm:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agree, but suspect there's a few uncorrectable errors in there (i.e. someone forgot to tick -- rather than didn't tick -- Dunk).

Dunk was probably ''suspended'' when the ones who didn't vote for him voted.

I can't get over how many people voted for Solly March. I am not sure Jamie is either but loyalties got the better of me and given that there are a lot of players up there already making a living with masks on then I think benefit of doubt is justified

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I don't know.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Pedant alert. The question is "who is good enough for the Albion's Premier League squad?", not "Who in the current Albion squad is good enough for the Premier League?" Assuming we want to do more than just survive, ie, finish at least mid-table, then I think very few of the squad are good enough to enable the club to do that, so only seven made the cut and a couple of those were generous (Murray - age, Hunemeier - still a bit of an unknown quantity against quality opposition). Bruno fails on age alone; Kayal would be a possibility if he returned to the form of the 15-16 season, but he hasn't really shown signs of doing that. I think the current squad, with a few additions and a bit of luck, could creep into 17th position. At the moment, I don't think we will survive.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Mathew Ryan & Pascal Groß are in the top 11 we haven't seen these boys play yet albeit Ryan did play in the Confederations cup and looked okay.....:shrug:

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kinel i ticked 7 , can't really tick Pascal Groß as iv'e no seen him play so can people bring their boots on the 12th of august please .

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
player ratings.jpg

First column shows number of votes cast for each player, second column shows % of voters that have voted for that player. (based on 240 voters at time of doing graph)

Current starting 11 would be

GK Ryan
RB Bruno
CB Dunk
CB Duffy
LB Rosenior
CM Stephens
CM Gross
CM Kayal
LW March
RW Knockeart
FW Murray

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Mathew Ryan & Pascal Groß are in the top 11 we haven't seen these boys play yet albeit Ryan did play in the Confederations cup and looked okay.....:shrug:
The thing is though that they were included in the poll.

Since they were, then clearly people have to assess them differently to other players otherwise they'd get pretty much zero votes.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
View attachment 87119

First column shows number of votes cast for each player, second column shows % of voters that have voted for that player. (based on 240 voters at time of doing graph)

GK Ryan
RB Bruno
CB Dunk
CB Duffy
LB Rosenior
CM Stephens
CM Gross
CM Kayal
LW March
RW Knockeart
FW Murray

Fine looking side and the one I would choose from who we have.

D

Deleted member 2719

View attachment 87119

GK Ryan
RB Bruno
CB Dunk
CB Duffy
LB Rosenior
CM Stephens
CM Gross
CM Kayal
LW March
RW Knockeart
FW Murray