Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hughes anyone?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No thanks, JFC mk2

Completely different type of player. I'd love us to sign him, skilful, very competitive, eye for goal and a playmaker, what's not to like? His injury record is a bit of a worry though.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
So if it was one from these three who would you choose, MOOY, CAIRNEY OR HUGHES?

Well Cairney is a different player so I'll count him out. he's more like Pascal Gross in no.10 position.

I'm going to sit on fence! haha. Mooy based on last season is probably a slightly better player at the moment but then he was also playing in a better side to show it. Hughes could be just as effective if not more and would also have re-sale value because of his age. Going by them being bought for the same price.

You?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Oh I'm sorry it's not to your liking, I will try harder next time!
Ps...Every sentence starts with a capital letter!

You're Nicked Sunshine... :lolol:

grammar.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He has a very odd background. Educated at Repton. Quite diffident. If he brought his heart with him, I'd love to seem him in the stripes.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Obviously we can't believe anything that's just a paper rumour!

But, if we were interested, no way would we land him for £4m. Of course, it may be a loan arrangement at that sort of figure, with a option to purchase if we retain our PL place for 18/19, or even earlier in next seasons (2018) January window if we feel he can make the step up with us.

But just a rumour right now!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Todays paper are saying that CH wull have to wheel and deal to get players as he is not getting a very big hand out for strenthening the squad.

Whats the point in getting promotion if we then do our upmost to outdo Sunderland. Can't see TB letting this happen

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Obviously we can't believe anything that's just a paper rumour!

But, if we were interested, no way would we land him for £4m. Of course, it may be a loan arrangement at that sort of figure, with a option to purchase if we retain our PL place for 18/19, or even earlier in next seasons (2018) January window if we feel he can make the step up with us.

But just a rumour right now!

Agree. No chance Derby will let him go for 4 million

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Todays paper are saying that CH wull have to wheel and deal to get players as he is not getting a very big hand out for strenthening the squad.

I'm not surprised, there've been similar stories out about us the last few years. You can imagine how it goes, phone rings:

- Hello, it's a newspaper here - how much are you looking to spend this summer?

- Tony, it's a newspaper. They want to know how much we're going to spend. Shall I tell them we're willing to throw millions at any old crap, and will happily overpay for anyone who can actually play football? No? Well what do you want me to say?

I'm sure we'll go quietly about our business and pay the right amount for the players we want without shouting to every money grabbing agent out there that we're ready to line their pockets.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Agree. No chance Derby will let him go for 4 million
He's not played much recently through injury, thirty games in two seasons.It's all paper talk but can you see anyone willing to risk 8-10m on someone with his recent fitness issues?

He'd be better off staying at Derby, collecting his £30k a week and proving that he's physically ok, I'm sure the Derby fans would prefer that too.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
No thanks .

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Figured you meant on a free, then saw £4M mentioned. A couple of years ago maybe but he's been shite since his injury. Can't see it likely to spend that on a player that's unlikely to make our squad once the dust settles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here