Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering disasters tonight

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I am 47 and would say that at least half of all the bad pints I've been served in my 30-odd years of drinking have been served at the Amex since it opened in 2011.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I was 1st down to the hole in the wall back of WSL. The guy had 30 pre poured pints on his counter which sells Fosters & Harvey's and he had had the whole of the First half to set it up for HT
Asked for a Harvey's he said 'I've only got a half' & he pointed out the single half amongst the sea of 30 Fosters..
I was still laughing as I beetled along to the next kiosk

D

Deleted User X18H

Last evening I ordered two pints of Fosters for full time at half time .

No problems. But not a large queue anyway post match.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was 1st down to the hole in the wall back of WSL. The guy had 30 pre poured pints on his counter which sells Fosters & Harvey's and he had had the whole of the First half to set it up for HT
Asked for a Harvey's he said 'I've only got a half' & he pointed out the single half amongst the sea of 30 Fosters..
I was still laughing as I beetled along to the next kiosk

On one level, yes, it it funny.

But on another level it probably costs the club a million quid in lost revenue every single season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I too am a WSU victim. The overall standard of catering is a badly managed shambles. At the Forest game I asked what the guest pie was and was informed it was a sausage roll!
This is a 21st century stadium with 20th century catering services. The season ticket isn't cheap and personally I expect a much bigger bang for my buck. I'm fed up with:
Catering staff supplied by the lowest bidder who have patently never faced a customer before
Having 12 available service points 10 of which are cash only
Running out of beer before half time
Running out of pies before half time
Being at the mercy of someone who hasn't grasped the basics of simple stock management

Can someone give a name and email address of someone at the club who can address their catering issues please?

paul.barber@bhafc.co.uk

You will receive a comprehensive and detailed response explaining how terribly difficult it all is. And nothing will change.

We've been doing it for years mate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
[ûQUOTE=Machiavelli;7079715]I've actually thought twice about posting this, given just how brilliant the club have been on and off the pitch of late, but let me relay my experience from tonight.

19:00 big central unit in WSU: ask for a special pie (sold out) and Harveys (provided); ask for a chicken & chorizo pie (sold out); ask for a steak pie (provided)
19:30: big central unit in WSU: three others and I pre-purchase four Harveys for half-time
20:30: pre-purchase point in WSU: no Harveys (for pretty much anyone) despite having pre-paid for it
20:40: friend tries to buy a special pie (none still available), then a chicken & chorizo pie (none still available)
21:40: big central unit in WSU: try to buy a Harveys (sold out)
21:45: all bars in North Stand: try to buy a Harveys or guest beer (all sold out)

Was I blessed with bad luck. Or does Steve Evans like Harveys, guest pies and chicken & chorizo pies? ...

[edit] ... and the guest beer

Can you pre purchase beer I've never heard of that before?[/QUOTE]

Well, it seems you can pre-pay but you don't get it according to this post :(

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im glad I got my (perfectly fine) steak pie in the WSU at 7.48

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Another game, another boring old moan about the catering. You seriously need to get a life if you have EVER written one of these.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Been ill all day and I've no doubt that this is the cause. Never eating another Amex cheese burger again.

image.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Only read through the first few pages but which sad act has gone thumbs downing anyone who dare criticise the poor catering?! There's loads of perfectly acceptable posts with -1 by them - someone needs to get out more me thinks!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Why I am a bit concerned about the catering I want us to sell the most pies and pints /coke/teas etc it is important to the club makes as much money out of every aspect without ripping the fans off, as we all want success which does come at a cost. So when I see poor service it upsets me when I think how much has been invested into this club by TB and the fans.

badger4

Sep 4, 2015
North stand before the match very flat Harveys, half time North stand west upper CLOSED, They can stick it from now on fill myself up at the Swan and get rid of it at the Amex.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Only read through the first few pages but which sad act has gone thumbs downing anyone who dare criticise the poor catering?! There's loads of perfectly acceptable posts with -1 by them - someone needs to get out more me thinks!

Looks like it was [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION]

But its everyone ELSE who needs to "get a life". Apparently.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Another game, another boring old moan about the catering. You seriously need to get a life if you have EVER written one of these.

Sheebo, that sad act Husty has been very quiet lately. :whistle:

Oh, hello Husty, didn't see you there :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looks like it was [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION]

But its everyone ELSE who needs to "get a life". Apparently.

Sheebo, that sad act Husty has been very quiet lately. :whistle:

Oh, hello Husty, didn't see you there :)

Oh I could've guessed that - he often gives thumbs down to random posts and it's very annoying when it appears in notifications. I guess it's an attention thing. I think I reported to a mod before when he gave me about 20 just cos I did it to one of his posts after he'd done it to a load of mine. Bless him.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Get in Spitfire Gold nice pint I like Harveys but it gets overrated and overpriced. Harveys are bringing out an IPA for the World Cup .

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Maybe if the staff didn't serve people so quickly and efficiently then they wouldn't run out of pies so fast ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here