Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City really do sod all for British football

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
One British player in their starting line-up and a foreign manager. Really helping the British nations to develop home-grown talent. Thank you for absolutely nothing.

Liverpool start with six British players and a British manager.

I know which team I prefer to do well this season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One British player in their starting line-up and a foreign manager. Really helping the British nations to develop home-grown talent. Thank you for absolutely nothing.

Man City?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
City, like Chelsea, used to have character, some soul, a heartbeat if you like. Now they have been reduced to an insipid corporate machine fuelled by stupid money and stocked with self-interested foreign mercenaries who are counting the days until they can escape Manchester for sunnier climes, set up for the rest of their lives.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
City, like Chelsea, used to have character, some soul, a heartbeat if you like. Now they have been reduced to an insipid corporate machine fuelled by stupid money and stocked with self-interested foreign mercenaries who are counting the days until they can escape Manchester for sunnier climes, set up for the rest of their lives.

And now they win leagues and cups.....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Talk about an insipid corporate machine in Manchester......http://www.manutd.com/en/club/sponsors.aspx

When you have an Official Noodle Partner you know you have hit moral rock bottom.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think you have to ask, what has the Premier League done for English football?

Also worth noting our best performance in a World Cup in the modern era came after a 5 year European ban for English clubs

Sounds familiar.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also worth noting our best performance in a World Cup in the modern era came after a 5 year European ban for English clubs

What is it you're suggesting?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Think you have to ask, what has the Premier League done for English football?

Proves nothing. Our worst performance in the European Championship finals came three years into that ban.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I agree with the OP.

By the way what a team we had last year

Kusczak (pol)
Bruno(esp)
Greer (sco)
Upson (eng)
Ward (Ire)
Agustein (hol)
Lopez (esp)
Orlandi (esp)
Lua Lua (Congo)
Barnes (Austria)
Ulloa (Arg)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We also played with a sweeper system in 1990. Shall we go back to that as well?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

No fan of City, but why should they. They have absolutely no obligation to contribute anything to British football other than playing their games. It is not like cricket where the stated aim of the county sides is to produce the best England team possible, no football team is required to contribute at all.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I agree with the OP.

By the way what a team we had last year

Kusczak (pol)
Bruno(esp)
Greer (sco)
Upson (eng)
Ward (Ire)
Agustein (hol)
Lopez (esp)
Orlandi (esp)
Lua Lua (Congo)
Barnes (Austria)
Ulloa (Arg)

Perhaps we are part of the problem too..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perhaps he should get ourselves banned from Europe again, all the foreigners will leave and we can concentrate on developing some home grown talent

Leaving the EU will solve this issue. It will not stop the very very best coming to England but it will remove the rest.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The Premier League has become a de facto European Super League where a lot of the talents from around the world ply their trade.

The Championship is, in practice the English top flight, and there are plenty of English players there, although not in our side!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Wage cap and ticket caps are what's needed to balance out English footballs issue.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here