Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beam Backs

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How about £15 including chicken in a basket meal, £1 discount off a drink and cash bar facility??

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I will travel away this season - 2/3 games probably - Beam backs wouldn't impact when I would/wouldn't travel.

If there were a notionally priced beam back - no more than £10 (£5 kids) - I would probably go to some (maybe half of games).

Would I spent the same on drinks/food as a home game? Yes I would (~£20-25 a game usually)

The club would get ~£40 from us, with travel I certainly wouldn't see more than one a month this way.

Having young kids means spending nearly all of my Saturday travelling to some northern football outpost is a no-no. But beambacks at Amex eminently do-able

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only guessing, but if there are beam backs, there is a possibility of picking up the game via Wiziwig etc?

They wont be a beam back (outside broadcasts using a truck to uplink to a satellite) as such , the game will be sent via fibre optic links presumably on a secure network.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ah, fair enough. Cheers.

If the Football League think there is money to be made from broadcasting midweek away games between clubs 150 miles apart it will be on Player sooner than later.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Must be cheaper, stewarding and policing numbers [with no opposition about] should be a fraction of the usual match day. Ground won't be full [25k+] either.

Could be another way for the club to fleece its fans .....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the club would have to price it at a point where fans would turn up in sufficient numbers to encourage them to spend extra on booze and food. £10 including a pint and pie meal deal (or kids meal deal) ?

Being held in the Heineken Lounge , 300 spaces available , £10 including pie and pint (non alcoholic alternative as well). Proceeds will be donated to Sam Bevan whose mum is the Dicks Bar manageress. Sam , 28 , a mum to two young kiddies has advanced cervical cancer and the proceeds will go towards funding her treatment. Richie Reynolds , Guy "Tank" Butters and Michel "FDM" Kuipers will also be in attendance.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Being held in the Heineken Lounge , 300 spaces available , £10 including pie and pint (non alcoholic alternative as well). Proceeds will be donated to Sam Bevan whose mum is the Dicks Bar manageress. Sam , 28 , a mum to two young kiddies has advanced cervical cancer and the proceeds will go towards funding her treatment. Richie Reynolds , Guy "Tank" Butters and Michel "FDM" Kuipers will also be in attendance.

Why spoil the evening? :D

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Hopefully there will be other evenings arranged like this - I'm interested but don't think I can go next Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here