Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion LEGEND meets Albion LEGENDS

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agree with this completely. I am guessing BensGrandad[/MENTION] is still bitter at being laughed out of that BISA meeting for making a tit of himself all those years ago.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

But what I was saying proved to be right in the end. Thank Goodness for TB or there wouldnt be a Brighton and Hove Albion for us all to support,.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But what I was saying proved to be right in the end. Thank Goodness for TB or there wouldnt be a Brighton and Hove Albion for us all to support,.

Thank goodness for Dick Knight, or there wouldn't have been a Brighton & Hove Albion for Tony Bloom to take over. DK also had the sense to keep Ray Bloom on the board of directors.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thank goodness for Dick Knight, or there wouldn't have been a Brighton & Hove Albion for Tony Bloom to take over. DK also had the sense to keep Ray Bloom on the board of directors.

Not exactly true as there were a number of consortiums prepared to take over but not under the conditions Archer wanted so it is debatable as to whether he would have given in or not nobody knows for certain but that is all now water under the bridge and has no need to be discussed further or my bias against DK. He did take over, he did keep us going, he did get some successful seasons from us and laid the ground work for TB.

Not exactly true as there were a number of consortiums prepared to take over but not under the conditions Archer wanted so it is debatable as to whether he would have given in or not nobody knows for certain but that is all now water under the bridge and has no need to be discussed further or my bias against DK. He did take over, he did keep us going, he did get some successful seasons from us and laid the ground work for TB.

Can you go away? This thread is about a few Albion fans that had the pleasure of meeting a club hero and thoroughly enjoying it. It doesn't need to hijacked by a rambling old man.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

I heard there was a consortium from the Channel Islands :moo:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'm now wondering who took the photo. Or was it an unfortunate passer by? Another odd thing, where are all the drinks?

Stuart Storers mate took the photo. The drinks were all on another table.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Believe what you wish I know the truth end of subject.

No the end of subject is you pissing off you miserable shitbag. I used to think people gave you a hard time. Now I ****ing know why, a miserable bitter old ****. Thats YOU.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No the end of subject is you pissing off you miserable shitbag. I used to think people gave you a hard time. Now I ****ing know why, a miserable bitter old ****. Thats YOU.

Get off the FENCE on the subject of BG.

It's WISHY WASHY posters like you that make NSC a haven for DULLARDS xx

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I followed the many FB postings & pictures of the trip, looks like you all had a great time.

Oh, and there were 3 Valder's on the trip so who's hugged them all?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Funny thing isn't it? Although they were dark dark days for our club, both on and off the pitch, in many ways, they are the times in my Albion supporting 'career' that I look back upon with the fondest memories. We were all in it together somehow, players AND fans.

Does that make any kind of sense?

It does indeed. I have had numerous chats with people from the dark days who have been worried about the direction of the club. My view is that things become a bit more depersonalized when the organization gets bigger. I remember the CEO emailing me to give me Gary Hart signed programmes for our fantasy league winners. But I would be being rather precious to expect a quick reply these days, and I wouldn't actually feel it were approapriate to ask. I am very happy with my club.

For folk who feel needy about getting a regular stroke from the busy club folk, a listen to this might help with perspective . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY

It didn't seem to be water under the bridge when you, and you alone, started the argument though BG.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton

You cannot claim that. Had Dick Knight only lasted a couple of seasons at best before having to be bailed out then fair enough, but he had control of the club for over 10 years...And he did not do a bad job either. You are just bitter. In fact, if I recall, the finance for the stadium was in place and it was only the credit crunch which put the project in jeopardy...This lead to Knight having to basically go cap-in-hand to Tony Bloom.

So, where were all these other consortia back then? No one seem to come forward and made themselves known. Everyone knew the climate at the club at the time so any serious group would have announced themselves to garner fan support to help their cause. If this other consortium only approached you then they could not have been all that credible.

Also, at that BISA meeting I seem to remember you advocating support for Archer, Stanley & Bellotti over Knight, Perry & Pinnock which pretty much says it all really.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here