Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you renewed your season ticket?

Have you renewed your season ticket?

• Total voters

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Haven't read all the posts so may be repeating what has already been said. I go to see Brighton because I support them, promotions, relegations, Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean or Amex good football or crap it doesn't matter. I have a round trip of 120 miles for a home game and all the time I can afford it I will go. I just hope the club recognise people who re-new every year and give loyalty points to reflect this.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Comments appreciated. It was half tongue in cheek but also half serious. I appreciate there's some floaters - but don't get this mentality personally - especially when it's supporting your local team. It should give you a sense of pride and identity to support them whatever happens on the pitch. Of course I hope as many fans renew as possible...

There no longer my local team so it takes more money and more effort, which makes you question things more. Also, it's not the shit football that's the problem, I'm well used to that. It's the shit football continually promised and touted as something else that grates.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Haven't read all the posts so may be repeating what has already been said. I go to see Brighton because I support them, promotions, relegations, Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean or Amex good football or crap it doesn't matter. I have a round trip of 120 miles for a home game and all the time I can afford it I will go. I just hope the club recognise people who re-new every year and give loyalty points to reflect this.

They do you get 1000 loyalty points, what more could you ask for ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
According to this poll 86% of current STHs are renewing. That's not bad.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes. 100% was going to if Hyypia and Burke remained.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Really sad, just sent my cancellation e-mail off this evening. 'Fraid my move abroad has really limited my opportunities to sit in "my" seat this season :cry:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Blimey mate! You're hard to please. Go on to the Wolves forum - Molineux Mix, and they think that as a club we've got it spot on and the Wolves should adopt a lot of what we offer. I'd be be interested to know what you've been lied to about.

No, not hard to please at all and what other clubs see is a small fraction of what the reality is and there is a big focus on making the away support feel valued in any case.

I've an old fashioned sense of football and the Barbs that come out of the club irk me no end. I have enough corporate clap trap at work within the massive American corporation that I work for, maybe it just pushes me over the edge when I receive the same hollow shite on my weekend.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes on the Direct debit scheme.

I was thinking of not renewing,as I would like to watch the match from different parts of the stadium now and again.
But thought better of it as I have got a good seat in the WSU and wouldn't want to give it up.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Yes on the Direct debit scheme.

I was thinking of not renewing,as I would like to watch the match from different parts of the stadium now and again.
But thought better of it as I have got a good seat in the WSU and wouldn't want to give it up.

I swap mine for different views through the season, just call them

In te end after lots of thought, yes. Will only get to a handful of games though.

There's four of us in a similar situation, I don't think we ever individually get to 50% of home league games but have all renewed without question. Just like being a member at Goodwood Racing or SxCCC where I don't intend to get to every game, race meeting etc; there's more important things in my life.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can tell you don't read the programme - they haven't had 'junior seagulls' since the dark days of Gillingham.

If you read the post you would understand why I don't know what the section is now called!!!

With regard to some of the other comments here, quite frankly some of the excuses are a joke. Yes, if your circumstances have changed, financially, geographically or family wise then fair enough. But bleating on about some corporate spiel is pathetic. Get a life. Ignore it. Turn up, have a few drinks with your mates, watch football then go home and get on with the rest of your life until the next match. The corporate bollox is necessary because we are not a tinpot business anymore. You want to secure better sponsorship deals then you have to impress the corporate bods that like that sort of thing. Not many of us like it but we know without corporate sponsorship then the cost of going to a game to the rest of us would be considerably higher or the standard of facilities and football on the pitch considerably lower.

With regard to the question of midweek games, excluding Boxing Day and Good Friday, there have been or will be eight. If midweek games were a problem for me, which, fortunately, they are not, that still makes my ticket worthwhile. Average match cost is £24 yet to buy my ticket would be £36 (say average of Cat B plus £2 booking charge). Over a season I save £276 by having a season and that means I can afford to miss about 11 games and still be just ahead financially plus I know which seat I have for every game (for the record, I don't miss 11 games). Of course that doesn't negate the logistics for getting to and from the ground on a midweek game but that will be down to the individual. What some see as a pain in the butt might not be to others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here