Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *** Das offizielle Deutschland gegen Republik Korea thead. ***

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I noted that too. Neuer's total arrogance in playing midfield at the end as well. It's one thing going up for a corner, yet another playing 'rush' in a WC game!

PG

I’m willing to roll with this thread, but come on...you’re reading way too much into his last minute decision to try and save their tournament.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Arrogance or worth a go?

I would have done the same thing.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

I've just watched it back. He ran into MIDFIELD past two of his own defenders and hovered there for about a minute. Had the ball thrown to his feet and lost it straight away.

Sure, go up for set pieces or get yourself up as an areal threat for long balls. But don't run into left midfield and think you're some sort of player.

It was truly bonkers..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I noted that too. Neuer's total arrogance in playing midfield at the end as well. It's one thing going up for a corner, yet another playing 'rush' in a WC game!

PG

Arrogance? It's called taking a risk. There's no difference between losing 1-0 and losing 2-0.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Cleared that up :

South Korea goalkeeper Jo Hyeon-woo said: "I've never had a perfect game like this before, all my career.

"All of the Korea players, and also the head coach, were playing for the Korean people, we all become one for the Korean people.

"It was only after the match that we realised the score and of course we were disappointed, so that's why a lot of us cried."

Yeah I saw that, makes more sense now, although still a bit strange that no one, including all the subs who ran on, appeared to be aware of the other game!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Must be, I’m England though and through. If you cut me I bleed the red of St George.
In case you need to switch to Belgium:

DgxEAuMWsAAoff8.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It depends which reference you choose as I looked it up as Lod in present day Israel. was a Roman soldier of Greek origin and a member of the Praetorian Guard for Roman emperor Diocletian, who was sentenced to death for refusing to recant his Christian faith.

We'll agree to disagree and say he was born in the Middle East.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It depends which reference you choose as I looked it up as Lod in present day Israel. was a Roman soldier of Greek origin and a member of the Praetorian Guard for Roman emperor Diocletian, who was sentenced to death for refusing to recant his Christian faith.

We'll agree to disagree and say he was born in the Middle East.
To be fair, I didn't choose or select my references to 'prove' a point - they were the first two that came up when I googled 'St.George', and both also agree that he was a member of the Praetorian Guard for Roman emperor Diocletian, and was sentenced to death for refusing to recant his Christian faith.

But yes, OK, Middle East it is.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I've just watched it back. He ran into MIDFIELD past two of his own defenders and hovered there for about a minute. Had the ball thrown to his feet and lost it straight away.

Sure, go up for set pieces or get yourself up as an areal threat for long balls. But don't run into left midfield and think you're some sort of player.

It was truly bonkers..

It's not like the other 10 men did anything for 90mins.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's not like the other 10 men did anything for 90mins.

It was still recklessly stupid and arrogant of Neuer to think he could go upfield and become a playmaker. By all means head into their box by that stage and try to create a bit of chaos. But actually taking up a position in midfield and trying to beat a man ? Do behave. What an absolute weapon.

I'd have never forgiven an England goalkeeper for doing that. He got exactly what he deserved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here