Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bread making

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The bread came out good but 2 disappointments . I used a 2lb tin with liners I bought on e bay but they werent greased so stuck to the bread and I thought a standard large loaf from Hovis etc was 800gm so being less than 2lb would fit in the tin to cook but it was smaller. You learn by your mistakes next time I may just put it on a baking tray in a round ball and perhaps it will rise to look like an old fashioned Coburg loaf.
Made any bread lately ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Think I have got my bread down to a fine art now.. Some things to remember the ratio of dry to wet ingredients must be 5:3 so, Flour ( I use 200g Wholemeal,300g Strong White ) and a pinch of salt , then 300ml of water and oil.

I use fresh yeast for better results, Morrisons sells it dead cheap, it's by the refrigerated pastry and cookie doughs.

Bought some soft silicon small sub-roll moulds which work a treat every time.

Finally, it does go off fast because of the absence of all those preservatives and chemicals so, I tend to make 8 sub-rolls at a time and immediately freeze 4 of them and defrost as needed.

Recently branched out in to currant buns and they are going well too. Keep at it bakers !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here