Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] "Comments" below Argus articles

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The above posters have proved my point down to a T. I haven't read Buzzers post but I'm guessing it's about my ex girlfriend being a multiple account of mine me? Has he accused me of being Brunswick, Colinz, and a load of other users? If so, this is what hi and Guinness boy have been doing for the last 7 years. They have it in their head that I was also Rosa and the that my ex girlfriend never existed. What's worse is they won't stop.

Why don't you contact the Mods to stop this, if it's an out and out lie, peddled for years? Said in good faith.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
You really are a nasty piece of work.

Having known [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] for years, and the kindness that he and his splendid wife once showed me in a relationship crisis during that time, I can assure you he is quite the opposite.

Not sure about his penchant for sleeping in luggage racks, or his batting techniques, but then each to their own.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It isn't only the Argus. The Liverpool Echo is infested with trolls, which makes the decline of once readable newspaper into mere clickbait of violent crime, football (endlessly even in midsummer), and internet (twitter and facebook explosions) stories even more depressing.

Local newspaper site are generally almost unreadable and unusable given the clutter of adverts, unneccesary and irrelevant videos, pop-ups, pictures of large breasted women which have no relevance to the actual link they apparently relate to, clickbait and other crap.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why don't you contact the Mods to stop this, if it's an out and out lie, peddled for years? Said in good faith.

Yeah, go ahead [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] . If I’ve misread those old threads then it’s time for me to be moderated and I’ll happily post a public apology on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
A mate of mine died nearly 11 years ago in a freak skiing accident. Loads of people used the comments page to pay their respects to him and I know that his parents were touched by the comments and kept a copy of the pages as part of his memory.

It is a shame that these idiots have been allowed to take over the comments by such poor moderation as something that had the potential for good has now turned into something so tawdry.

Someone I know has 'Mad Cow Disease' which is very rare these days but he is life limited now. The Argus got hold of it. They covered his drag work on the Brighton gay scene in the article. One of the comments cowards suggested that he probably had AIDS.

That sums them up really.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It isn't only the Argus. The Liverpool Echo is infested with trolls, which makes the decline of once readable newspaper into mere clickbait of violent crime, football (endlessly even in midsummer), and internet (twitter and facebook explosions) stories even more depressing.

Local newspaper site are generally almost unreadable and unusable given the clutter of adverts, unneccesary and irrelevant videos, pop-ups, pictures of large breasted women which have no relevance to the actual link they apparently relate to, clickbait and other crap.

The Daily Mail, BBC, Guardian and Times too. The latter two are trolled by more eloquent posters, but underneath their veil of the good use of English, it's the same embittered views and personal warfare between opposing posters.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I

That is true, but then look at the number of people on here who say that they never buy the Argus. So, if they don't get revenue from customers, where are they going to get it? People get the newspapers/sites they deserve.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have never seen the point of the ignore list.
If I don't want to engage with someone I won't, rocket science it ain't.
There's only so many ' It's cold and wet up here " posts a chap can stomach. Engagement doesn't even enter in to it.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

I doubt if the mods will do anything as it was one of them who outed me and my ex as being the same user based on us sharing the same IP. But I do agree with you about taking action now about this. It's actually become pretty disturbing how long and ruthless this cyber bullying has gone on for. Luckily for me, cyber bullying is taken very seriously these days

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I doubt if the mods will do anything as it was one of them who outed me and my ex as being the same user based on us sharing the same IP. But I do agree with you about taking action now about this. It's actually become pretty disturbing how long and ruthless this cyber bullying has gone on for. Luckily for me, cyber bullying is taken very seriously these days

Not sure who's fault it is, but not nice to see personal stuff mentioned.

Was it views about 9-11 that made you some enemies?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The above posters have proved my point down to a T. I haven't read Buzzers post but I'm guessing it's about my ex girlfriend being a multiple account of mine me? Has he accused me of being Brunswick, Colinz, and a load of other users? If so, this is what hi and Guinness boy have been doing for the last 7 years. They have it in their head that I was also Rosa and the that my ex girlfriend never existed. What's worse is they won't stop.

Have a read of what I posted then.

Regards this ex-girlfriend business. I still call bullshit on that for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the first few posts on that account were Albion recent history related. You had a girlfriend from Barcelona that knew about Brighton matches and players from the Gillingham era? V.unlikely. Another clue was that 'she' held exactly the same views as you on conspiracy theories with a high enough level of English to express those views but 'Rosa' made the same mistake as your other aliases in writing "should of", "could of" . It's extremely unlikely that a non-native English speaker would make that mistake because it comes from the way we English pronounce it. Foreign speakers learn to write it properly because they learn written English in a far more formal fashion. I know this for a fact as I really did have an ex-girlfriend from Barcelona and she and all her fellow classmates from her English classes all were confused whenever they saw it written.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Not sure who's fault it is, but not nice to see personal stuff mentioned.

Was it views about 9-11 that made you some enemies?

Yeah I used to bang on about stuff to do with 9/11, moon landing and child abuse scandals. I respect I was probably being a bit of a knob at the time, but it never called for this, plus it was 6/7 years ago now. But it's the Rosa stuff which I'm constantly reminded of. Rosa was my ex girlfriend. We spent 5 years together and spit up in 2016, the emotions of it triggered back my epilepsy which has badly affected my life. It's really not nice to then come on NSC and get abused by the same few users about her and how she's some sort of pigment of my imagination, especially with what I've be suffering from over the last 2 years

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah I used to bang on about stuff to do with 9/11, moon landing and child abuse scandals. I respect I was probably being a bit of a knob at the time, but it never called for this, plus it was 6/7 years ago now. But it's the Rosa stuff which I'm constantly reminded of. Rosa was my ex girlfriend. We spent 5 years together and spit up in 2016, the emotions of it triggered back my epilepsy which has badly affected my life. It's really not nice to then come on NSC and get abused by the same few users about her and how she's some sort of pigment of my imagination, especially with what I've be suffering from over the last 2 years

Sorry to hear that about your health.

All about opinions, but I personally have no time for any of the conspiracy theories. One of my kids has recently been learning about the main ones from the internet, we light heartedly discussed them, but I said IMO they're lies. Thousands were murdered by Islamic terrorists in 9-11, hurting real people and their loved ones. People (usually cranks and attention seekers based in the US) come out with baseless fiction, which is shameful.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Sorry to hear that about your health.

All about opinions, but I personally have no time for any of the conspiracy theories. One of my kids has recently been learning about the main ones from the internet, we light heartedly discussed them, but I said IMO they're lies. Thousands were murdered by Islamic terrorists in 9-11, hurting real people and their loved ones. People (usually cranks and attention seekers based in the US) come out with baseless fiction, which is shameful.

That's fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. For me, I just wish I'd been a better boyfriend. She had every right to finish the relationship. She was a good person and I was a right ****. But like I said, I shouldn't be getting abused about her on here.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm guessing that The Truth/Hybrid_X/Rosa/Brunswick/Megazone means people like you and me when he talks of users who remember stuff posted from years ago. It's the first time I've heard of having a good memory described as 'creepy' though. It's a bit rich too to accuse others making light of mental health issues when at least two of those alter egos have themselves made a big thing of accusing people of cognitive dissonance - itself a mental condition.

Saying that, I do think that Megazone has a point about certain posters getting ganged up on. I see it as a bit like ice hockey - if it's just two or three people having a barney then leave them to it but if it's loads piling in then it needs a bit more oversight. If the post is plainly fishing or grossly offensive or the poster has previous then there's a lot more leeway but if it gets personal about family then I think a line's been crossed. I'm sure I've crossed that line in the past so I'm not trying to paint myself as any moral arbiter here.

Shut up you soppy, reasonable tart.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

FWIW since we gave up baiting each other on here I have found your posts interesting and entertaining and the whole NSC experience so much more pleasant. It is a great pity that other posters choose to continually throw shit that happened years ago in your face. Everyone would be better off if they moved on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Let’s be clear here. If all that is true you have my deepest sympathies- but it’s the first time you’ve mentioned it, buried away on a thread about The Argus.

But for balance here’s what happened. Rosa, despite being from Barcelona, shared a writing style, politics, Albion knowledge and IP address with you. The mods caught you and banned both accounts. Since then you have been back as (at least) The Truth and Megazone, but the Albion supporting, politically aware Rosa with an Albion supporting boyfriend hasn’t been back to post so much as a word. Feel free to bounce anything that contradicts this statement.

Also, feel free to bounce a football related thread where you’ve been cyber bullied. You won’t be able to. You have been regularly picked up on CT threads because the integrity of your argument is compromised by your past.

I wouldn’t have bothered again except for your painfully obvious allusion to me and [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] in this very thread.

If you have mental health issues then go get help and maybe take a little break from difficult situations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Makes NSC look like th hub of intellectual and articulate rationale.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here