Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO: NSC Conspiracy Theorists

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Imo it's pretty nasty to accuse a fellow Albion fan of being a spy, simply because he posts facts. I'm sure you haven't read every single one of his posts to say that he only ever posts glorifying the club.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great thread this btw. Jumping on a 40-plus season Albion SUPPORTER for the crime of SUPPORTING the club. If you actually bothered to read the posts [MENTION=22135]rippleman[/MENTION] , you'll see that they have rarely been praising the club, for this season's shambles - just refuting the lies, mis truths and drivel continual posted by those that for whatever reason like to denigrate the club at every opportunity.

We all want to club to succeed.
We are all disappointed by a poor season.
Some have a really odd way of dealing with it.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Witchhunt.

Just because he makes a habit of posting FACTS to support his opinion doesn't make him an acolyte of the club. I suppose you're suggesting Barber also took the time to write those excellent '16 things' at the beginning of this and throughout last season?

Give the man a break. He's one of the best users on this board.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just because someone helpfully posts facts does not automatically mean that they agree with them. There are a lot of posters on here who need to work out the difference between fact and opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Going back to March 2005, Tom Hark Preston Park was accused of having a hidden agenda and was a supporter of Archer, according to one poster who shall be nameless.
That was rubbish too. I've just been reading the thread in the archives.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would like to be as enthusiastic and accepting of all things Albion I have to confess. CJ goes to the trouble of proving you wrong with links and never seems to get riled by it all. He is nowhere near as long winded as PB either.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Well said Tom, I completely agree, whether he's Barber, Barbers PA or just coincidentally sounds like he should be Barber, he needs to take his Blue and White specs off occasionally !

Almost the exact same thing the Elvis said to Elton John (substitute Colonel Parker for Barber).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think chaileyjem's postings of facts are upsetting some moaners so now it's almost amounting to cyber bullying. I haven't seen moans about Acker79's stats which do the same job.

Facts are one thing. Trotting out club spin is another. He relentlessly defends the club without offering his own opinions. I asked him several questions which, as far as I know, he never answered. That's what annoys me. But, then again, I am a JUSTIFIED 'moaner' (your word, not mine).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If I BAN you for starting this thread about another user, it will just add fire to your conspiracy theory :jester:

Instead, I'll just point you to the poster's profile page where he basically says who he is and what his job is.

Knowing exactly who Jem is, I can personally say that he is not, and never has been Paul Barber. Unless PB was a leading light in the Brighton Indie music scene in the 80s and 90s under a pseudonym...

Is he his best mate then?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Facts are one thing. Trotting out club spin is another. He relentlessly defends the club without offering his own opinions. I asked him several questions which, as far as I know, he never answered. That's what annoys me. But, then again, I am a JUSTIFIED 'moaner' (your word, not mine).

I haven't see any defence of the club, just facts. How does he defend the club without giving his opinion?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I loves Chaileyjem, I does.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I'm sending this to 'The Other Stuff' forum. It's not going anywhere, so it can go to the thread graveyard.

I've checked my birth certificate and I'm not PB either.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Fair enough. Thanks for your detailed response. After the events of recent years though, it's a natural reaction to be extremely wary of a poster relentlessly toeing the party line in an objective passion-free way. As an Albion fan it's more natural to be completely bipolar on these matters, we're either by FAR the greatest team the world has ever seen, or the worst thing since unsliced bread. When we're all bitching about the obvious and ever-increasing gulf between what we're spending on players and what our direct competitors are spending on players, it's rarely going to go down well to be constantly lectured on how we're spending thruppence more this year than we did last year.

Brighton fans are not more likely to be bi-polar in their opinions than supporters of any other club. The majority of Brighton fans don't sit at either end of the moaners/brown nose spectrum, just like any other club. If some posters like to use facts to back up their views then that is no less valid than others using speculation or "something I've been told" to validate their opinion. Using facts does not mean that a poster is any less passionate in their support than one who seeks recourse in rants and name-calling. Not all fans are bitching about "an obvious and ever increasing gulf", simply a minority of the more vociferous ones. It could also be that some posters like to use facts to try and stem what may appear to be a rising tide of hysteria.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Usually good stuff from ChaileyJem. There are a small number of points I don't agree with him on, but always good stuff as I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here