Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Brewdog: hipsters”, “pretentious”, “wankers”, “********s” or simply "full of s**t"?

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
The Block and Gasket in Burgess Hill is selling Brewdog IPA for £3.80 a pint among its range of 8 craft keg beers and lagers.
On mondays all Kegs are £2.95. Yesterday they also had 360 degree golden pale at £3.20 and the Pacific Pale at £3.30,on the handpump.
Shows up the rip off prices of Brighton.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Block and Gasket in Burgess Hill is selling Brewdog IPA for £3.80 a pint among its range of 8 craft keg beers and lagers.
On mondays all Kegs are £2.95. Yesterday they had 360 degree golden pale at £3.20 and the Pacific Pale at £3.30,

That's the re-vamped Jacob's Post right? Great to see that the newish and very excellent Spoons has forced them to raise their game pronto tonto. Hopefully they've got rid of the old Jacob's Post bar staff also, who always seemed WAY more interested in chatting to their mates than serving any actual customers.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Not sure if it's been mentioned but last month they released a pdf file of the recipes of all the beers they have ever made for the homebrewing community. Such a thing on that scale has never been done. I'm currently conditioning an altbier that they released last year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure if it's been mentioned but last month they released a pdf file of the recipes of all the beers they have ever made for the homebrewing community. Such a thing on that scale has never been done. I'm currently conditioning an altbier that they released last year.

This was quite a gesture, as you say.

Is that the Candy Kaiser beer they made?

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
That's the re-vamped Jacob's Post right? Great to see that the newish and very excellent Spoons has forced them to raise their game pronto tonto. Hopefully they've got rid of the old Jacob's Post bar staff also, who always seemed WAY more interested in chatting to their mates than serving any actual customers.
Yes it was Jacob's Post and is now very pleasant and the service is excellent. Much better than the Spoons .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
There's a Brewdog pub in the trendy bit of the city centre here. I've been in a couple of times in the day and it's alright. The beer is decent enough and the staff friendly and knowledgeable but it's definitely overpriced and there are much better selections of beer in other non chain boozers which are cheaper and have a better atmosphere (and without all the hipster pretensions). Fortunately one is a fifteen minute stagger from my house. :drink:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
On mondays all Kegs are £2.95. Yesterday they also had 360 degree golden pale at £3.20 and the Pacific Pale at £3.30,on the handpump.
Shows up the rip off prices of Brighton.
Excellent. A 5 minute pint before catching the train down to midweek amex games seems in order.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
On the assumption that's the off license in Trafalgar Street then I can safely say it's the best I've ever been in for good selection

I used to think this, but Quaff on Portland Road (and up at Fiveways) now rule the roost, in my book.

Loads of bottles and cans: Beavertown, Siren, Weird Beard etc. etc...and some great beers on draught to take away. Yesterday I bought four pints of Burning Sky's Arise, and four of Magic Rocks's Ringmaster.

Friendly service, too, in Hove, anyway. Less os at Fiveways.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's a Brewdog pub in the trendy bit of the city centre here. I've been in a couple of times in the day and it's alright. The beer is decent enough and the staff friendly and knowledgeable but it's definitely overpriced and there are much better selections of beer in other non chain boozers which are cheaper and have a better atmosphere (and without all the hipster pretensions). Fortunately one is a fifteen minute stagger from my house. :drink:

You're very lucky in Sheffield what with Thornbridge and the pub at the station and The Rutland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just enjoying a 5am Saint in Dolden Madel in Berlin. You been here ?

Yes, it's only a few months old and I was there last week actually. A very nice place. If you want to try the local craft then go for Rattsherrn. They also sometimes have stuff from the new Berlin arm of Stone Brewery. This has not properly opened but they are brewing in small batches at the moment. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You're very lucky in Sheffield what with Thornbridge and the pub at the station.

True. There are loads of really good pubs here now. Within walking distance I have The Broadfield, The Sheaf View, The Brothers Arms, The Cross Scythes, Picture House Social and The Tramshed. Every one different and with an excellent selection of beers. Nearest pub to me is actually a Wetherspoons (2 min walk) but you can't have it all.

Also in the "antiques quarter" as the Nether Edge / Heeley area is now called, there are loads of little independent off licence places, bakeries and delis etc springing up. I do find the hipsters dress sense amusing but fair play to them, they've really driven the improvement of the area, especially for food and booze.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just enjoying a 5am Saint in Dolden Madel in Berlin. You been here ?

Hopfenriech is another good bar and it's just off Schleseches Tor which is a fun area to spend a night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All this crqft talk is making me thirsty.....I'm off to The Bird.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hopfenriech is another good bar and it's just off Schleseches Tor which is a fun area to spend a night.

Thanks! Been in this boozer 5 hours, cracking beer selection and excellent cheese/sausage platter.
Love Berlin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here