Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC salaries...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But this is only bbc.

She works for c4... another publically funded station as well as commercial radio etc

Having done a little digging I see that in an Olympic year she gets the big bucks but given she regularly fronts annual stuff like SPOTY, all the BBC racing, Wimbledon on the radio, Lord Mayor's Show, Trooping the Colour, New Year's Eve celebrations etc her basic should be considerably higher.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Hold on, the BBC are paying their stars? I thought that they were working for free.

Next people will be telling me that footballers get paid for kicking a ball around.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The only one that bothers me is Barlow. He fronts a Take That show which forms a West End show about Take That. Take That will own the publishing rights of the programme and he'll directly benefit from the musical. And he's paid over £250K for being a cross-eyed gurning tax avoiding toryboy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Any job where there is a relatively narrow talent pool is going to throw up some high salaries, Chris O'Grady was allegedly on £750,000 a year for the last three years at the Albion, and former loanee Jesse Lingard is now on £4.5 million a year, more than anyone at the Beeb.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So you bloody love an institution that turned a blind eye to sex abusers, discriminates against its female employees, gratuitously rewards its own and criminalises the poor and you then have a rant about the Tories.......absolutely priceless.

I bet for you today is like the day after the Brexit referendum all over again.

Brilliant!

You asked for extrapolation and then ignored everything I wrote so that you could carry on with your little rant.

I'd be worried that you were my wife in disguise if it wasn't for the fact that she's far more intelligent and is better at that game than you.

I love 6 music and TMS. You are arguing on the side of the destruction of public services and Rupert Murdoch.

Yeah, brilliant.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Personally I think, if you like someone,presenter wise, ( Ken Bruce, Simon Mayo, Danny Baker)they are worth the money, if you don't like someone, (Jeremy Vine, Zoe Ball, Mark Radcliffe,) they would be stealing a living on minimum wage.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The £2.82 1/2 pence my whole household spends on the BBC licence fee, per week, is the best value for money spend in my entire budget.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You have to question the govt's motives for ordering this. It is simply a free hit for the BBC-bashers out there, one they have gleefully accepted. It's just another way of putting pressure on a great institution.

Of course we'll all have our views on individuals and their salaries, based largely on whether we think they are any good. But a lot of those top earners could earn more at Sky/ITV/BT Sport etc.

And I'd also question the relevance of the figures, when if you have your own production company that money (probably vast for some) isn't included.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
This list is the thin end of the wedge. Many if not most of the big 'stars' are paid through private production companies so the extent of their earnings are kept shielded from public scrutiny.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It's Clare Balding I feel sorry for. The girl is covering every sport under the sun, expertly and seemingly 7 days a week and is bottom of the pile

And what about Sophie Raworth? A super,SUPER set of Norks,yet she is on half of what Braille tits Fiona Bruce gets.
****ing outrage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Missed a trick though.
I demand a breakdown of the pay of Tess Daley the other presenters and people who appear on Children In Need.
I think the answer would really anger a lot of people.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here