Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
To think we got promoted 3 months ago roughly.....Not a lot has happened since that's for sure???

Think the club need to make some decent signings now...funny how we take what can be considered 3 years to push a deal to potential end and Huddersfield sign 9 NINE new players and spend around 40 million in a matter of a couple of weeks!! This idea of a difficult Transfer window didn't affect them..and Newcastle have started to make some signings now too..

Need to be careful that feel good factor of promotion is not lost..... this should be our most exciting transfer window EVER!!

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Gianluca Lapadula from AC Milan, once thought to be on Albion's radar, is going on loan to Genoa for a €2m loan fee and can be signed outright by Genoa for €11m. [edit: after further reading it seems that it is not possibility but obligation for Genua to sign him. Strange, why name it as loan when it is actually €2M+€11M lease-purchase?]

€2M would have been peanuts for him if he could hit 8-10 goals and helped Brighton stay up. I hope to see that kind of signings, not 'proven Premier League strikers' for more than £10M.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think the club need to make some decent signings now...funny how we take what can be considered 3 years to push a deal to potential end and Huddersfield sign 9 NINE new players and spend around 40 million in a matter of a couple of weeks!! This idea of a difficult Transfer window didn't affect them..and Newcastle have started to make some signings now too..

Need to be careful that feel good factor of promotion is not lost..... this should be our most exciting transfer window EVER!!

Hudds had to - their squad was full of loanees. No one knows if who they have signed will actually work for them. None of us know what is going on in the club with potential signings. Stay calm everyone [emoji23]

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I said many times to people that the summer will be amazing. Premier league to come , bids for players flying in , linked with all sorts in the papers.

Reality couldn't be further from the truth.

Disappointing

Come on Albion , lets have a shock wave signing to get everyone's mojos fired up.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Hudds had to - their squad was full of loanees. No one knows if who they have signed will actually work for them. None of us know what is going on in the club with potential signings. Stay calm everyone [emoji23]

foshfjndsbjkfnsdkfjnsdfnmdf:shootself

They signed 10 players, 5 of those were their previous loanees either captured permanenty or recaptured on loan. They signed 5 other players including an additional winger, CM, full back, striker and centre half. Wagner has also had them all in training for 2 weeks now. Maybe you didn't like their business, that's fair enough but this farcical excuse that Hudds have simply 'caught up' needs to stop being recycled by all and sundry when the two clubs are compared.

What about our business? We lost a GK, we replaced him. We lost a LB, we replaced him. We gained a second striker/no10.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

They signed 10 players, 5 of those were their previous loanees either captured permanenty or recaptured on loan. They signed 5 other players including an additional winger, CM, full back, striker and centre half. Wagner has also had them all in training for 2 weeks now. Maybe you didn't like their business, that's fair enough but this farcical excuse that Hudds have simply 'caught up' needs to stop being recycled by all and sundry when the two clubs are compared.

What about our business? We lost a GK, we replaced him. We lost a LB, we replaced him. We gained a second striker/no10.

THIS. Also, we have no idea how Suttner or Gross will do in the PL either, neither of them have even played in England.

Huddersfield and Newcastle are now stronger than us. I would have had Watford as a relegation battler too but they have signed TWO quality CMs in Chalobah and Hughes, for what, 12 million for the pair? I'm not buying this inflated price rubbish, either of those would have made us stronger and they didn't blow the bank.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
THIS. Also, we have no idea how Suttner or Gross will do in the PL either, neither of them have even played in England.

Huddersfield and Newcastle are now stronger than us. I would have had Watford as a relegation battler too but they have signed TWO quality CMs in Chalobah and Hughes, for what, 12 million for the pair? I'm not buying this inflated price rubbish, either of those would have made us stronger and they didn't blow the bank.

I agree...We have had a poor summer of recruitment so far... No one can deny this!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I agree...We have had a poor summer of recruitment so far... No one can deny this!

Without knowing what players we are after and at what stage of negotiations we are at I'm not sure how it can be defined as poor? Even Chris Hughton said he expects most of our business to be completed towards the end of the window.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You know what, you're both probably right. Club have royally f****d everything up AGAIN. Can't be trusted to run a bath let alone a football club. Might as well send back my new season ticket when it arrives as we're clearly doomed. I'm amazed that the management and recruitment people are doing NOTHING with the new season literally hours away and us being left with last season's failures and a couple of foreigners with no experience.

They could at least spin the random player wheel of fortune and a few times and buy the first couple that it lands on. Doesn't matter if they fit CHs plans, style of play, wage structure, transfer budget, club or team ethos or anything.

....or we could just try to be a bit patient and see what happens. If we're in the same position come the end of the window then we'll all lay in I guess.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You know what, you're both probably right. Club have royally f****d everything up AGAIN. Can't be trusted to run a bath let alone a football club. Might as well send back my new season ticket when it arrives as we're clearly doomed. I'm amazed that the management and recruitment people are doing NOTHING with the new season literally hours away and us being left with last season's failures and a couple of foreigners with no experience.

They could at least spin the random player wheel of fortune and a few times and buy the first couple that it lands on. Doesn't matter if they fit CHs plans, style of play, wage structure, transfer budget, club or team ethos or anything.

....or we could just try to be a bit patient and see what happens. If we're in the same position come the end of the window then we'll all lay in I guess.

Putting a load of words in peoples mouths and then reacting to it isn't really worthwhile. Not sure why you bothered unless you enjoy manufacturing your own outrage :facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Putting a load of words in peoples mouths and then reacting to it isn't really worthwhile. Not sure why you bothered unless you enjoy manufacturing your own outrage :facepalm:

I don't do outrage (not very well anyway). I'm on holiday though and have lots of time on my hands......[emoji23][emoji23]

I'm personally prepared to be patient with it (not that I have any choice), but suspect the frequency of 'management meetings' are increasing.........

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Keep the faith in the 'cluster' recruitment philosophy. One target fails we have another three waiting to fail too ???

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I don't do outrage (not very well anyway). I'm on holiday though and have lots of time on my hands......[emoji23][emoji23]

I'm personally prepared to be patient with it (not that I have any choice), but suspect the frequency of 'management meetings' are increasing.........

Mate just enjoy your holiday and switch off your internet, I find my pessimism far worse because I am at work dicking about watching NOTHING happen while other clubs make good signings I think would make us stronger and in our ball park.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mate just enjoy your holiday and switch off your internet, I find my pessimism far worse because I am at work dicking about watching NOTHING happen while other clubs make good signings I think would make us stronger and in our ball park.

Sounds like it would be better if you switched off......[emoji106][emoji106]Sadly last day tomorrow, so I'll be dicking about at work watching nothing happen and probably start to get agitated........

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Don't tell me to stay calm... I'll worry about our lack of signings early enough if I want to... we have definitely fallen behind where we should be at this time...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Tomorrow could be the day........

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It could be but I rather doubt it. We're already Premier League ready don't you know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here