Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shooting in New York hospital

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I find the American gun culture incredibly fascinating.
How anybody, let alone an entire country, can take the statistics for the M16 and think the Founding Fathers gave you the right to own one is amazing.

I certainly don't want to open up another Sandy Hook debate where the incredibly insulting deniers get to spout all manner of rubbish. But to have that happen in a country and the country to not respond with 'well that ain't happening again', which was the response from the UK, is shocking.

A while ago I looked into it I was surprised there was a full 10 years between Dunblane and Hungerford, my mind had them very close together.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
My point exactly... or is it newsworthy cos the suspect was wearing black, and you know what that means!

Turns out he wasn't wearing black after all, he was wearing a white lab coat. That obviously puts a whole new perspective on things.

Can't believe he was still practicing as a Doctor until as late as 2014. He had a bit of a chequered past going back to at least 2003 including assaults on women, burglary and even fare dodging!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/heavy....l-bronx-gunman-shooter-suspect-dr-photos/amp/

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I find the American gun culture incredibly fascinating.
How anybody, let alone an entire country, can take the statistics for the M16 and think the Founding Fathers gave you the right to own one is amazing.

I certainly don't want to open up another Sandy Hook debate where the incredibly insulting deniers get to spout all manner of rubbish. But to have that happen in a country and the country to not respond with 'well that ain't happening again', which was the response from the UK, is shocking.

A while ago I looked into it I was surprised there was a full 10 years between Dunblane and Hungerford, my mind had them very close together.

I can see the arguments for hunting rifles and shotguns and (just about) handguns but military grade weaponry is just bonkers. I have also spoken to Brits who have spent time out there and not given shooters a second thought. From our perspective it looks a terrible situation, but those who have been brought up with that, it is normal. Nothing will change over there. Hopefully nothing will change over here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can see the arguments for hunting rifles and shotguns and (just about) handguns but military grade weaponry is just bonkers. I have also spoken to Brits who have spent time out there and not given shooters a second thought. From our perspective it looks a terrible situation, but those who have been brought up with that, it is normal. Nothing will change over there. Hopefully nothing will change over here.

I was in Austin Texas, 60 miles from Killeen when a bloke walked into a McDonald's and killed 23 people, that was way back in '91.

Was it last year or the year before when Texans were protesting about perceived tightening of gun control.
The protests involved people standing around fast food restaurants holding their military grade weaponry.
Queuing up for a Big Mac with an assault rifle strapped to your back, words fail me.

Talking of which
US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40438207

You don't need to hide behind a story that isn't there, to find an 'interesting' American news about guns, on the BBC.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Was it last year or the year before when Texans were protesting about perceived tightening of gun control.
The protests involved people standing around fast food restaurants holding their military grade weaponry.
Queuing up for a Big Mac with an assault rifle strapped to your back, words fail me.

That was certainly within the last few years. There are plenty of Americans who find that sort of behaviour proper ****ish though. It is just the occasional mentalist. Mind you, a mentalist with an assault rifle is disturbing. There was also that silly cow who had a pistol on her hip watching her kid playing soccer. Wonder if she went there on horseback?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Turns out he wasn't wearing black after all, he was wearing a white lab coat. That obviously puts a whole new perspective on things.

Can't believe he was still practicing as a Doctor until as late as 2014. He had a bit of a chequered past going back to at least 2003 including assaults on women, burglary and even fare dodging!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/heavy....l-bronx-gunman-shooter-suspect-dr-photos/amp/

"According to Pix11, Dr. Bello had three prior arrests, including one for sexual abuse. The New York Post reported that Bello was arrested in August 2004 in Manhattan “following an incident in which a 23-year-old woman said an assailant grabbed her crotch, held her arms, lifted her up and carried her off, saying, ‘You’re coming with me.'”

Is crotch grabbing an American thing? - even their glorious leader talks about it.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I was in Austin Texas, 60 miles from Killeen when a bloke walked into a McDonald's and killed 23 people, that was way back in '91.

Talking of which
US woman shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40438207

You don't need to hide behind a story that isn't there, to find an 'interesting' American news about guns, on the BBC.

17 more shot at a nightclub in Arkansas... the place is mental.

At least 17 people have been left injured after a gunman opened fire at a nightclub in Little Rock, Arkansas, according to police.

Officers said via Twitter that all the victims at the Power Lounge are alive and one who was previously listed in critical condition is now stable.

Little Rock police chief Kenton Buckner told KTHV that the shooting early Saturday morning appears to have happened following "some sort of dispute broke out between people inside."

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Ignore them. There's a few on here that regularly trawl the forum looking for threads where they have no interest in the subject matter but want to take the moral high ground over some imagined slight. They're pricks and don't deserve your time.
I found it an interesting story.

You found it an interesting story, I'm a prick.... :lolol:

It wasn't an interesting story any more than any other shooting that happens in The States every day of the week - the story appeared geared up for another terrorist atrocity, which it wasn't...

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
You found it an interesting story, I'm a prick.... :lolol:

It wasn't an interesting story any more than any other shooting that happens in The States every day of the week - the story appeared geared up for another terrorist atrocity, which it wasn't...

dislike-facebook.jpg

That is only your own protagonist view being forced on this thread. It only appeared geared up for another terrorist atrocity because of your posting and your view. Prick!

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

The group behind it all commands a lot of money which buys a lot of political clout.

NRA-Annual-Meeting-2017-show-coverage-3.jpg

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

It brings the total number of people shot in Chicago so far in 2017 to more than 1,800, reports the Tribune.

But that figure is not as severe as last year when 2,035 people had been shot by this point.
-------------------------------------

Trump - making America great again.......look at the improvements he is making already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here