Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Where am I arguing for any of these points, I am only putting forward a view on a possible outcome, which I accept is one you probably don't want. However in a civilised society putting forward views or indeed holding differing views should not be dangerous, let alone extraordinarily dangerous, given that freedom of speech must be permitted within the legal framework of the society.

Also within the UK legal framework arguing against Brexit is not undemocratic. The only possibility of being undemocratic would be if the Tories took no action and did not invoke Article 50. This is with the caveat that the vote may have not have been legally binding. I would however accept that doing nothing would be seen as being undemocratic.

Where have I said you are arguing for those points? Some are and have though. That outcome is not only one that I don't want it isn't in any way credible. The reality ..

European Court will have no influence over Britain after Brexit, Theresa May to pledge

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ill-have-no-influence-britain-brexit-theresa/

Where have I said people aren't allowed to express a view no matter how much I disagree with it? Whereas you seem to be detaching the responsibility of someone arguing and voting for a possible outcome from the likely consequences if their side/party wins.

Would you think people arguing for a totalitarian state who seem to have significant support are inherently undemocratic and dangerous? I hope so and no problem stating it as they have a right to make their case no matter how much I disagree with it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The Leavers would have accepted the vote / will of the people

I would and i mean that sincerely,i would have felt an genuine opportunity for change would have passed had the result back in June been a vote for Remain,i would possibly be feeling aggrieved, perhaps,but mainly it would be a case of hoping for another vote,maybe in 10 years time or so.

Meanwhile,Brexit draws closer,i raise you :drink:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
It is part of the philosophy that the wealthiest in society should pay to support the less well off and give them a hand up. You could have a look at the UK as regions and see how much is raised in revenue in the south east, and how much is spent from Treasury funds in the north west.
I suspect that if you break it down in to per head terms, the imbalance is not so vastly in Polands favour

This is really important to you isn't it?

And yet, for the vast majority of people in this country the concept of U.K. taxpayers money being passed over to the EU for them to distribute to the Government of another country which has nothing to do with the UK is incomprehensible.

The media and many politicians in this country constantly lament the lack of funding problems for public services and the NHS crisis, yet none ever reflect on the inequity of this dynamic. Especially as this kind of policy is never debated as a political objective for political parties, and for good reason.

Maybe when we have no funding issues or NHS crisis then we can have the debate about just handing over billions of pounds of taxpayers money to other countries.

I suspect if we get to that point though the taxpayers would rather have a tax cut, and rightly so.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
"Cop out answer"....really?
Let's have a look at what i was replying to.
1) " Would the Brexiters on here have described Farage and his chums that way if the referendum result had been reversed "
As i said "you don't know the answer"
2) "I don't know the answer. It might simply be that some NSC Brexiters are too ready to descend to playground abuse"
As i stated "you don't know the answer", and i should take a look at what side are really ready to "descend to playground abuse"
3) "One contributor said that the referendum showed that millions of people were fed up with being ignored and lied to and, by implication, that's why they voted as they did"
ONE contributor, ONE, i think 17m voted out, as i stated "no matter how many times the pro Brexit posters explain the reasons...you are still trying to put out other reasons that YOU think people voted out."
4) "A generally furious Brexit supporter in the studio didn't disagree at all with this."
SUPPORTER, not even a few.
5) "Most open-minded people wouldn't, but if that debate had been on North Stand Chat, I suspect "
Again just your opinion, or as i stated ""you don't know the answer"

So where was the cop out.

Who say's [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] never answers-questions? :flameboun

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The same thing was said prior to the decision whether to join the Euro or not, we didnt and the sector boomed ...............

Different ball game when we are out of the single market.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I would and i mean that sincerely,i would have felt an genuine opportunity for change would have passed had the result back in June been a vote for Remain,i would possibly be feeling aggrieved, perhaps,but mainly it would be a case of hoping for another vote,maybe in 10 years time or so.

Meanwhile,Brexit draws closer,i raise you :drink:

I think i would have been disappointed also, but i would have accepted the result. I certainly would not be banging on about it six months later. Unlike if we had remained, we are not out yet and yet people are predicting (and that it all it is up til now) the worst.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Who say's [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] never answers-questions? :flameboun

:) I used to answer plenty but found when you had answered one, settled it, another was soon upon me, and so on. So i decided to answer less, put down my opinion, or paste articles that i agreed with. Those articles were trashed, i then got accused of not answering questions (as though they HAD to be answered) and so around it went.
At the end of the day the three main votes/referendums have gone against many on here, no matter how many questions i have answered :)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Where have I said you are arguing for those points? Some are and have though. That outcome is not only one that I don't want it isn't in any way credible. The reality ..

European Court will have no influence over Britain after Brexit, Theresa May to pledge

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ill-have-no-influence-britain-brexit-theresa/

Where have I said people aren't allowed to express a view no matter how much I disagree with it? Whereas you seem to be detaching the responsibility of someone arguing and voting for a possible outcome from the likely consequences if their side/party wins.

Would you think people arguing for a totalitarian state who seem to have significant support are inherently undemocratic and dangerous? I hope so and no problem stating it as they have a right to make their case no matter how much I disagree with it.

I will await the full speech to understand what is said.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
:) I used to answer plenty but found when you had answered one, settled it, another was soon upon me, and so on. So i decided to answer less, put down my opinion, or paste articles that i agreed with. Those articles were trashed, i then got accused of not answering questions (as though they HAD to be answered) and so around it went.
At the end of the day the three main votes/referendums have gone against many on here, no matter how many questions i have answered :)

You could do the [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] school of posting,straight,direct and without messing about,but it's good to have a varied balance among our ranks.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You could do the [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] school of posting,straight,direct and without messing about,but it's good to have a varied balance among our rank.

TBH after 18,000 posts and trying to debate with those who just use the usual sounbites if you do not share their opinion..... then i might feel like posting straight and direct answers. :)
Regards
SM
:cheery:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer