Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Greasy Spoon in Brighton??

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
All night diner for me too. Although the diner is responisble for making you realise you're old. You get to that point and your friends say, "Lets go to a club", you reply, "No, let's go to the diner and get some food and a cup of tea"

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Met what was then to be my future wife 24 years ago in the Gloucester, took her over to the all night cafe afterwards. Classy I am :). Must have worked as we are still together! :D

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Streets Cafe in the Open Market. Ultimate Breakfast £10, but money back if you finish it in 30 minutes. You get a T shirt saying you did it too!
That sounds like fun. What is involved? Pics?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
██████████ in the Open Market. Ultimate Breakfast £10, but money back if you finish it in 30 minutes. You get a T shirt saying you did it too!

:spam: Have you got anything without spam in it?

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
To follow on from the best chippy in Brighton, where is the best greasy spoon in Brighton?

Personally my life hasn't been the same since the clock tower cafe (at the start of Dyke Road) changed hands. Used to get great big portions for no money at all and the entertainement from the grumpy old owners was class.

But where else is there??

HLB

Trust me, Lindas Cafe on the Kingsway, turn left at bottom of Boundary Road, fifty yards along on the left.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Top bouncing of an 11 year old thread! :bowdown:

You wouldn't happen to be the owner by any chance? :lol:

Keep meaning to try a breakfast at the cafe by the London Road entrance to the Open Market, decent-looking fry-ups from about £3.50. Don't think it's called Streets though. Might be wrong.

Streets is inside the Open Market.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Big fan of Cafe Motu in Trafalgar Street :thumbsup:

Is this any good now. My in laws owned and run this place for around 8 years up until selling last year - it was great under them, but heard it had gone massivly downhill since- crap sausages etc

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
All night caff for me.

Dumb Waiter in Sydney Street does a damn fine fry up. Arrogant, snotty, poncy women working in there though. I am convinced that they are vegetarians on PMT-trip wind up.

Big shout also for the one opposite Lidl in Arundel Road (can't remember the name).

Dumb Waiter closed down weeks ago.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A successful cafe owner I knew once told me that to have a good cafe breakfast you need good bacon, sausages and bread, the rest can be cheap supermarket own and you will make money.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is Harry of Harry's cooking anywhere these days? Please tell me he is knocking out Pile Ups somewhere in a corner of Hove/Brighton.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Is this any good now. My in laws owned and run this place for around 8 years up until selling last year - it was great under them, but heard it had gone massivly downhill since- crap sausages etc

Always my favourite whilst Peter was there (even if he is a Spud). Best sausages in Brighton (always the acid test of a good breakfast). Has he moved to Shoreham Beach now, I'm always catching glimpses of him these days?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here