Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do ghosts exist?

Do ghosts exist?

• Total voters

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I reckon so but mostly because it upsets me slightly to think that all there is to existence is 70-90 years of oxygen recycling.

Funny that because I find it reassuring.

If there did happen to be anything beyond this life I would be bloody livid.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
IMG_1667.JPG
yes

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I think it's just an impression left in the ether as it were so not real but just a sort of mist left hanging. My neighbour was driving in the Lake District once and had to slow for a regiment of Roman soldiers on the road which he assumed was one of those re-enactments. After carefully passing them he checked the rear view mirror and there was nothing at all there. He is a pretty genuine bloke so I do believe him, however, he is a Watford supporter so you never know!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Other things that don't exist:

Time travel
Reincarnation
Clairvoyance
God

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
If they do it can only be a select few otherwise we wouldn't be able to move without walking into one. Personally think it unlikely other than an illusion created by the living.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Unsure but it's something that interests me greatly. Wouldn't be a definitive believer however until I experienced something first hand though.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think it's just an impression left in the ether as it were so not real but just a sort of mist left hanging. My neighbour was driving in the Lake District once and had to slow for a regiment of Roman soldiers on the road which he assumed was one of those re-enactments. After carefully passing them he checked the rear view mirror and there was nothing at all there. He is a pretty genuine bloke so I do believe him, however, he is a Watford supporter so you never know!

wubbish

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Why aren't there ghost of seagulls or prawns, why should only humans be afflicted with spirits, souls and stuff.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Doctor Who, Game of Thrones. It's all made up shit written and acted by people who are paid to do it.

Made up stuff does 'exist' though - as fiction. The things you list are real TV programmes. Time travel, reincarnation, clairvoyance and god are all made up so they also exist as fiction. I think the OP is asking whether ghosts exist as real things. Obviously they exist as fiction. Especially in A Christmas Carol. And Ghostbusters.

An interesting question is "does something exist simply because we believe it exists"? When I was a lad I knew people who thought that Coronation Street was what we would call today 'reality TV'. We are all free to believe anything, but this has no relationship to whether the belief is correct or real. I think the OP is asking whether ghosts actually exist, not whether we believe they exist. However he may not have thought his question through.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Made up stuff does 'exist' though - as fiction. The things you list are real TV programmes. Time travel, reincarnation, clairvoyance and god are all made up so they also exist as fiction. I think the OP is asking whether ghosts exist as real things. Obviously they exist as fiction. Especially in A Christmas Carol. And Ghostbusters.

An interesting question is "does something exist simply because we believe it exists"? When I was a lad I knew people who thought that Coronation Street was what we would call today 'reality TV'. We are all free to believe anything, but this has no relationship to whether the belief is correct or real. I think the OP is asking whether ghosts actually exist, not whether we believe they exist. However he may not have thought his question through.

Honestly Harold!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why aren't there ghost of seagulls or prawns, why should only humans be afflicted with spirits, souls and stuff.

I thought the question was about ghosts of people, which clearly don't exist. I am not sure whether prawns have ghosts, but fish certainly do. Back in the 70s, supermarket chicken was described, in Private Eye as 'tasting like fish ghosts that had been incinerated off Bikini Atoll'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here