Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will we sign a new striker before man city game

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Maybe Hemed will be sold,and we take 2 strikers,one of which would be a loan. Hemed will not like being 3rd pick when playing only one up front IMO.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Have been thinking about who we might be after as a striker option and I've decided it's Vincent Janssen from Tottenham. Excellent at holding the ball up, good movement, quicker than Murray/Hemed and a good age at 23. Obviously he didn't have the best year last season but played under a lot of pressure of being back up for Kane. I thought he looked a great player and just needed a little bit of confidence and a regular run of games.

Spurs haven't bought yet and would expect them to sign someone else up top seen as they have champions league this year. Maybe if/when they do that free's up Janssen for a loan/or buy. No doubt I'm completely wrong but think its a reasonable shout, anyone else?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Have been thinking about who we might be after as a striker option and I've decided it's Vincent Janssen from Tottenham. Excellent at holding the ball up, good movement, quicker than Murray/Hemed and a good age at 23. Obviously he didn't have the best year last season but played under a lot of pressure of being back up for Kane. I thought he looked a great player and just needed a little bit of confidence and a regular run of games.

Spurs haven't bought yet and would expect them to sign someone else up top seen as they have champions league this year. Maybe if/when they do that free's up Janssen for a loan/or buy. No doubt I'm completely wrong but think its a reasonable shout, anyone else?

Really doubt our new striker will be from these shores, Probably be Russian or something and a player we've never heard of.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
If we went abroad I'd love to see us go for Jose Izquierdo at Brugge. We're clearly sniffing around the Pro League and he would be a brilliant signing for us and around our levelish. I've seen him play a fair few games and he has the it factor.

not yet another stumpy winger ?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Jonathan Cafu.

Has a Euro 12m release fee but Bordeaux have had Euro 8m offer not turned down.
Report in Sport Witness says player wants PL football as his first choice.
Same report states we are only PL side to have an interest and if all offers were the same we would be his choice.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Did I see somewhere that in the SKY TV day someone (TB?) said a player we wanted wasn't available (for transfer) yet?
Maybe I've just imagined it but if not it maybe suggested a purchase or a loan from a club only once they've brought someone else in.

Doesn't help with the speculation and anyway my first thought was it might be the covering right back rather than the striker as the description fits Tomori.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Jonathan Cafu.

Has a Euro 12m release fee but Bordeaux have had Euro 8m offer not turned down.
Report in Sport Witness says player wants PL football as his first choice.
Same report states we are only PL side to have an interest and if all offers were the same we would be his choice.

5'9 That rules us out

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Did I see somewhere that in the SKY TV day someone (TB?) said a player we wanted wasn't available (for transfer) yet?
Maybe I've just imagined it but if not it maybe suggested a purchase or a loan from a club only once they've brought someone else in.

Doesn't help with the speculation and anyway my first thought was it might be the covering right back rather than the striker as the description fits Tomori.
Could be Andre Gray!!!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If we went abroad I'd love to see us go for Jose Izquierdo at Brugge. We're clearly sniffing around the Pro League and he would be a brilliant signing for us and around our levelish. I've seen him play a fair few games and he has the it factor.

Take a bow son

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Great shout!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Sign him up!

(I mean you!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here